Uploaded images on RealmEye are sometimes broken

I’ve started to notice that some images uploaded onto RealmEye ‘break’ after a while.

For example, Stuartcat’s image worked properly until recently, and opening the URL, as of now, results in a 404 Not Found error message.

I’m sure I’ve seen other cases like this, but I can’t seem to remember where to find them again. Feel free to post other broken RealmEye uploads should you find any.

Edit: Found another. It’s purely coincidence that the post is by Stuartcat again… or is it?

The picture from the original post by Kotoneo is also broken,

Both are RealmEye uploads.

On a related note, it’s been mentioned before but the ability to upload directly onto RealmEye seems like a pretty bad idea. The RealmEye team didn’t allow direct uploads for the wiki and I’m not sure why they decided to allow it for the forums. It’s bad because,

• It takes up storage. Not sure how much space RealmEye has, but the ability to indefinitely upload stuff could be problematic (unless MrEyeball has possessed Imgur’s soul and has proceeded to siphon all of its powers…)

• If you accidentally upload personal information, a leak could prove rather troublesome.

I dunno, just my personal opinion.

A Change to DECA's Token System

Yeah, I noticed this a month ago, but it seems to happen on every forum for whatever reason. (Nearly every single one I’ve been on.)

Even Imgur fails us at times, but I’ve noticed it happen on quite a few topics so I decided to bring it up.

Tssk, Hillary’s undercover deletion projects…

She hid her emails in imgur confirmed.

wait ur saying links are being broken cause the system can’t handle too many images?

I’m not saying anything, just pointing it out that it has been happening.

Don’t know what causes it but, as JawsJakt said, it happens a lot on any forum. I just brought it up because I’ve noticed it happen in quite a few posts now.

Yeah same with my one comment here, the one image works correctly but the one above it broke a while ago.

Huh? It appears to work fine for me, are you referring to the MSellers gif or the Golden Archer pack image because they both work for me?

That’s odd, the Archer pack works fine, however the MSellers gif isn’t appearing.

I just realized that the MSellers gif isn’t a RealmEye direct upload, it’s from http://i.cubeupload.com/0h3ql0.gif.

Does it appear here (I’m using the same URL you used on your post)?

Because I can view it for some reason.

Yep I can see that one

Strange, because I can view the one on your original post.

It’s the same link as the one I posted earlier…

YO IT FIXED ITSELF

I swear it was broken for months. In fact, it was not working as of 1-2 days ago when I checked.

My account is sp00ky

Update:

I found a ton of 'em on the Death Thread. Starting from this post, a lot of the images (all are RealmEye uploads) are broken.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.