UT Buffs 3: The Finale?

Kinda scraping the barrel seeing as the last balance change adjusted and buffed most of the UTs. Which is really good. I hope if these suggestions are taken into consideration that it would be in time before the realm rework. How nice would it be if almost every item was useful in some way other than just feed or forge materials.
To make some of these buffs work I’d like to introduce a new game mechanic (which has probably been posted before somewhere).

This new mechanic I’d like to call is: Stacking Procs – When triggering the proc it will grant the effect. If triggered again the effect will gain again and effectively stack, up to a certain specified limit. If the proc is not triggered again the effect will only last the set duration. Unsure if repeated boosts from the same source can be stacked like this in the current game but this will have to be implemented of course. It would also have to be separate from the current stat boosts we have.
Ex. Item requires ability use for activation to gain +5 of a stat for 5 seconds. When ability is used again before 5 seconds you will gain +10 of that stat for 5 seconds. This will repeat until the stack limit. When proc is unable to be triggered (e.g. out of mana or silenced) the effect will deplete and using proc effect again will restart the process.
(Very glad to see an iteration of this idea mechanic being done with Kensei)

Just wanted to present and explain this mechanic in the beginning as it will be mentioned in some items below.

Ancient Stone Sword

Tier UT
Shots 1
Damage 340–390 (average: 365)
Projectile Speed 10 tiles/second
Lifetime 0.4 seconds
Range 4 tiles
Rate of Fire 60%
Reactive Proc On Shoot: Release a shotgun burst
Shots: 6 (arc gap: 10°)
Projectile Damage: 330
Total Damage: 1,980
Radius: 4 tiles
Projectile Speed: 10 tiles/second
Cooldown: 3.5 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 800

Shotgun Projectile sprite:

This is a nostalgic item that’s been stuck in the past. There are other items that essentially do what ASS does but better and are easier to obtain. Need range? CSword. Hard hitting low fire rate? Indomptable. Need both? SSickle. ASS is currently in a weird position.
I think adding a firing proc will give it some new viability while not changing the item too much, kind of like Doku. It would be a shotgun burst similar to what the Stone Guardians do in attack phase #3 and not only would fit thematically but also provide some clearing potential that the item lacks due to its slow firing rate. The proc also has a short true range to receive full damage at about 1 tile range.

Fractured Gemstone Wakizashi

Tier UT
MP Cost 100
On Equip +5 DEF, +3 SPD
Effect(s) Summons a sentient crystal star that orbits you for 5 seconds
Crystal Star: Inflicts Grey Down ArrowExposed for 4 seconds, deals 480 damage per hit
Special Effect: Passes cover Shots pass through obstacles
XP Bonus 7%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1,000

Another item that needed to but didn’t get a change last rework.
The big issue is the slow rotation speed of the crystals so that would have to be increased at least by 50%. Also adding passing through obstacles to prevent them from being stuck.
The current damage of each crystal is less than a T3 waki. Buffing the damage the crystal does would really make it more rewarding to use. Typically on average you can have 3 crystals up at a short time giving you around 1440 damage in total (with the buffed damage).
The +3 SPD would also help with mobility to have the crystal to hit more enemies while moving, synergizing well with the bonus DEF as well as you can tank slightly more if hit while moving.

Mimicry Trap

Tier UT (Limited)
MP Cost 80
On Equip -3 DEF, +5 DEX, +3 SPD
Effect(s) Creates a centered decoy for 1 second
On enemies: Red Down Arrow Slowed for 3.5 seconds
Throw Time 1 second(s)
Damage 300
Duration 3.5 second(s)
Trigger Radius 2 tiles
Explosion Radius 4 tiles
Cooldown 2.5 second(s)
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 750

Current item is basically like a vanity. Throwing decoys it extremely OP (see Gambler’s Fate). GF can last ~4s on average with a much smaller cooldown and more versatility. Halving the CD of mimicry to be about double the decoy duration and 1 sec shorter than trap duration would make it more balanced and feel better to use. Also giving the damage of the trap a buff is needed because the original 50 is almost useless. I believe these changes will make the item a really good swapout.

Candy-Coated Armor

Tier UT
On Equip +30 DEF
Reactive Proc Sticky: While in combat receive -10 DEX
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1,000

-OR-

Tier UT
On Equip +30 DEF
Stacking Proc When Taking Damage: Gain one stack granting -1 DEX for 2.5 seconds
Max Stacks: 10
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1,000

The current armor would be amazing to get for beginner players but the hardcap -10 DEX just makes the armor really awkward to use even with the high DEF boost. Pretty self explanatory but rewards players for dodging to not be penalized from the DEX loss. High DEF prevents you from achieving IC sooner.
Second suggestion is similar reasoning, just a more roundabout way of doing the same thing. Though less punishing if you can dodge some shots until the debuff wears off.

Fungal Breastplate

Tier UT
On Equip +80 HP, +30 VIT
Reactive Proc On Taking Damage: Under 33% HP gainRed Cross Healing on self for 5 seconds
Cooldown: 20 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 800

-OR-

Tier UT
On Equip +80 HP, +30 VIT
Stacking Proc Cordycepic Growth: Gain +5 VIT for 4 seconds when taking damage
Damage Threshold: Damage ≥ 40
Max stacks: 4
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 800

-OR-

Tier UT
On Equip +80 HP, +30 VIT
Reactive Proc On Ability Use: While under 50% HP heal 200 HP to self and nearby players
Radius: 3 tiles
Cooldown: 15 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 800

The armor conceptually sacrifices DEF for high regen. Though it is rarely used for a swap out generally it is just legendary forge material. I think giving it extra effects will help boost its usability.
First suggestion grants itself healing when under ⅓ HP helping boost regen in a dire situation. Though this would be useless if there are at least one pally and priest available, or if you get sickened.
Second suggestion kinda builds off that idea, granting more VIT on self while low HP to add survivability. In total you can theoretically gain +50 VIT from the armor at full stacks. Though how practical it is in game actually might not be useful.
Third suggestion allows you to have a mini emergency tome while under half HP. Sounds OP if you can get several melees with this armor, but don’t believe it would be any more efficient as a few priests using T1 tomes with a long cooldown. It would also take some serious coordination to make chaining this proc possible. Personally, this is my favorite suggestion.

Tlatoani’s Shroud

Tier UT
On Equip +180 MP, +10 WIS
Reactive Proc On Ability Use: 5% chance to drop an Blue Cross Energized circle for 5 seconds
Circle Radius: 3 tiles
Max Players Affected: 10
Cooldown: 20 seconds
XP Bonus 4%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 500

Sort of a similar situation as Fungal Armor where it gives a large boost to a stat without really any additional defensive stats (though VIT is more useful for survivability). It almost feels like a vanity item; which understandably it is just a buffed up version of an early game UT robe, but I think it should have some other quirk. The effect would act as mana refill utilizing the large MP pool and enhance the large WIS it gives and help out other players. It would be a similar energized effect to the Ornaments of Unity.

Esben’s Shaman Attire

Tier UT
On Equip +30 HP, +5 ATT, +11 DEF
Stacking Proc On Ability Use: Gain one stack granting +3 WIS for 4 seconds
Max Stacks: 5
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 800

-OR-

Tier UT
On Equip +30 HP, +5 ATT, +11 DEF
Reactive Proc While shooting: 5% Chance per shot to zap nearby enemy
Zap Damage:250
Zap Effect: Red Down Arrow Slowed for 2 seconds
Zap Radius: 6 Tiles
Cooldown: 0.6 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 800

The current proc effect doesn’t really work well on a robe class. Since the Esben Staff buff this item is the least desirable item dropped from the dungeon. I think giving it the ability to generate more WIS will make it sort of temporary WIS-mod boosting robe.
The second suggestion would be similar to how the souls from Soul’s Guidance work, but instead it would come off the player and shoot a “freeze ray” to a random nearby target.

Armor of Nil
l7uFrzx

Tier UT
On Equip +20 HP, +20 MP, +21 DEF, -3 SPD
Stacking Proc On Taking Damage: Gain one stack granting +2 ATT, +2 DEX for 3 seconds
Damage Threshold: Damage ≥ 90
Max Stacks: 3
XP Bonus 7%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1,100

-OR-

Tier UT
On Equip +26 DEF, -3 SPD
Reactive Proc On Taking Damage: 20% chance to spawn a homing projectile towards enemy
Projectile Damage: 400
Projectile Speed: 16 tiles/second
Projectile Radius: 7.8 tiles
Projectile Effect(s): Piercing Shots hit multiple targets, Armor Piercing Ignores defense of target, Passes cover Shots pass through obstacles
Cooldown: 0.25 Seconds
XP Bonus 7%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1,100

(Controversial suggestion)
For an endgame armor it feels so lackluster. A tanky leather armor would be better suited for midgame UT where players who lack experience or skill to dodge can rely on more defense. Likewise endgame has more armor piercing shots so defense doesn’t make a difference.
That being said, I think this proc would be useful for the endgame. Risking getting hit for a DPS boost. Somewhat goes thematically with the armor description where the armor would “absorb” damage and turn it into some buff for the wearer.
With the second suggestion, the proc when active would target the furthest most enemy within the radius and home in on it. All enemies in front of the target would get hit with armor piercing shots. I think this effect will utilize the high defense of the armor and work thematically with the already piercing effects of the UT set. The projectile radius is the average between the max radius of the void bow and quiver of darkness.

Alien Armors
image image image

Tier UT
On Equip +15 / +10 / +21 DEF (respectively)
Special Effect(s) Alien Combat: Negative Status Effects are reduced by 25%
Reactive Proc (When alien weapon or ring is equip)
Taking damage when below 100 HP: Gain Mithril Shield Invulnerable for 2 seconds and Yellow Swirl Dazed for 5 seconds.
Cooldown: 60 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 750

The current alien armors are very unreliable and only function to be there for the full set effect. Since the entropy reactor is so rare I think giving them a special effect would make the items really useful since they don’t give any other stat bonuses besides defense. This new effect would also trigger with the passive effect turning the 5 second daze to 3.5 seconds when active. I also think buffing the current reactive proc to trigger at more HP and have a shorter cooldown would be justified. To balance the new buffs the reactive proc would only trigger if you had a weapon or ring equip as well. The special effect would remain even when armor is the only alien gear equiped.

Low-tier tweaks
Arguably very important because these items are ones newer players will run into so they should have some alternative or unique function to showcase Untiered Items other than just random stats.
(RINGS POST HERE)

Woodland Robe

Tier UT
On Equip +25 MP, +2 ATT, +5 DEF, +3 DEX, +3 SPD
XP Bonus 3%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 275

The robe is incredibly fragile; it should at least be a glass cannon type of robe. Having a minor ATT added to compliment the DEX makes it more of a DPS-orientated early game UT. Small MP boost as well.
(Only robe that gives 5 DEF which is between T4&5, MP amount equal to a T7 robe, and ATT amount equal to a T10, but still provides no WIS compared to other tiered robes instead gives DEX and SPD. Pretty balanced for its function and availability IMO).

Chasuble of Holy Light

Tier UT
On Equip +20 HP, +20 MP, +10 DEF, +5 VIT, +5 WIS
XP Bonus 4%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 450

The addition of slight HP and taking some MP off (to equally match), allows some synergy of the additional VIT and WIS. Small buff for survivability which is what the UT set is focused on fits it thematically. Personally I think this would make a really nice beginner robe. A weaker shendyt.

Orb of Sweet Demise

Tier UT
MP Cost 90
Effect(s) On enemies: Curse Curse and Red Down Arrow Slowed
Curse Radius: 3 tiles
Curse Duration: 3 seconds
Slowed Radius: image244x55 tiles
Slowed Duration: image227x55 seconds
XP Bonus 4%
Feed Power 200

I always found the stasis on this orb to be useless and almost counter-inteuitive to the slow. I think replacing the stasis with a fixed curse would allow more flexibility especially in later game.

Hopefully all these items get considered to be reviewed in the near future.
There’s still some STs that also need to be reworked/buffed but that’s for another post.
Please feel free to leave your opinions and discuss. The more attention to this kind of stuff means the more likelihood it will be brought to the attention of DECA’s team.

UTs need to be changed
UTs need to be changed

i was actually thinking a small chance to completely negate damage for nil, that’s more what i’ve always envisioned from the description- your suggestion just makes nil a side grade to t15, not necessarily a bad thing; rushers used to use nil sometimes though, and i think leaning more into the chonky niche will help give it some individuality, if for example you had a 40% chance to negate any damage or heal back a small portion (similar to the agent of oryx cloak), would be a very solid rushing item. it’s not enough to be gamebreaking, but if you tank a shot and think you’ll need to go slowly for a bit, this would be a nice addon

Yeah that was sort of my initial thoughts about the armor. I like the idea of evading-damage-mechanic like other similar games have done. Probably DECA has some reservations about it for some reason. I also do think we need a tanky leather armor, I just don’t see why it should be the endgame one.
My idea was to give it DPS instead for taking damage and essentially having the ability to carry a temporary crown if you can sustain the effect. There would be an element of strategy, as if you understand the damage of the bosses shots then you could take the ones that would only trigger the effect. Threshold may be too high though and it’s probably not realistic as it sounds in theory though.
Idk it’s a tough item to rework with he games current mechanics.
Your second suggestion and my second suggestion for the fungal breastplate, would probably be more practical. It would also probably make an immortal rogue build though lmao, which would be very OP and fun.

I am so glad there are people like you with this mindset in our community and are encouraged and driven enough to share with the rest of us your creative, interesting, and thematic ideas; exposing us to the potential fun that this game is absolutely capable of satisfying.

Firstly, just wanna say I love what you did with CC and Fungal Breastplate. After t15 heavy armor or annihilation or whatever came out, CC was thrown right into the dumpster. Giving it a reactive proc while in combat/taking damage just makes perfect sense and I honestly don’t understand why the devs haven’t done or thought of this earlier (like what they did with resu). Additionally, I appreciate the theme you flavored in with “Sticky” on CC, it’s very tch tch finger guns. Personally, I like the “When Taking Damage” proc more than the “While in Combat” variation", but both are still awesome. Again, the theme really ties it all together and is an incentive enough to use it ;3

And the Fungal plate rework/reactive proc addition actually makes it sound like a fungal breastplate. Instead of having a non-stimulating, boring, bland stat bonus to an armor with endless potential (considering what the goddamn name of the armor is), you give it life (pun intended) with a suitable, thematic proc. I don’t think +30 Vit and +80 HP are incentives enough to compensate for the sacrifice of the majority of one’s def. I initially thought that with the release of Fungal plate that they’d give it some sort of reactive proc or some unique ability (like they did with gemstone waki) since Realm was evolving and getting more creative with their items and adding new properties to the game instead of just giving new items a mixed variation of stat bonuses that we haven’t seen before, but I guess not.

Just a suggestion for your “On Taking Damage” version of Fungal bp, I think under 33% might be a bit too low for a Healing status effect. Considering the difficulty of current endgame dungeons, usually when you’ve dropped down to 33% or below, you either took a shotgun, ate a ton of continuous shots, rushed, or got sat on. Meaning, people usually panic and just spam health pots (again, usually: as in normal players. Some players are gods and don’t give a shit and save their pots when they actually need em.) or over spam health pots till they’re either max health or close to max health, so the Healing status effect might not be completely helpful if you keep it on proc below 33% HP. I think it’d be better if you made the threshold around 40 or 50%, but that’s just my opinion. Regardless, all these ideas for Fungal bp are absolutely awesome and :star2: thematic :star2:

All in all, I’m sure I’m speaking for at least some of us when I say that these changes could absolutely add a layer of necessary fun to the game. Not only that, but you also buffed items which should’ve been “buffed” from the start (like gemstone waki with the 50% faster rotation speed and passing through obstacles). Regardless, thanks for exposing us to your creative ideas and showing us what this game could be. I think it’s important to show any “semi-neglected community” what they could be receiving in order to start/build up necessary awareness of the current state of any game, so thanks.

Aww shucks thank you. I’m glad you share the love for thematic items :triumph:

I just really wanted to share my opinions on what could possibly be done to bring some variability to the game and start some discussion. I really appreciate people like you who take some time to share your thoughts and opinions as well. This game is growing and changing and I hope the players can help bring attention to not only things current players need but also newer players coming to the game.

A.S.S.: is this leftover? I feel like I remember you suggesting this buff previously. Maybe just a similar idea from someone else… Regardless yes. Something added on that takes inspiration from the fight, whether this or a paralysis shot/nova in the vein of Wand of Geb.

Waki: I’ve had and never used this ability. I don’t know if this would be enough for me to use it with any consistency, but I’d at least consider not immediately tossing it in the forge :sweat_smile:. I do like the +spd addition- I agree it has thematic synergy… maybe just lean into that more.

CC: While I think your stacking procs are interesting, it seems like Deca doesn’t like that kind of thing seeing as how they won’t even let pally buff stack with a life nildrop. And I think I still prefer the first option, which I have seen proposed before.

Fungal: A little gimmick-y but I really like the second idea. Part of me hesitates because no cooldown, but the fact it has to be over 40 dmg and you already have to be low means it’s mostly a quirky swap for a dungeon like Osanc when you have no intention to nexus.

Shroud: This kind of proc is exactly what this robe wants. But I think you either make it a flat 5% chance or have a length cooldown. Otherwise you can expect a 2s energized every like 30s assuming you are spamming your ability??? Not noticable :sweat_smile:.

Esben: While a wis-stacking robe like this would be cool, I don’t think this is the robe for it. I think having a ice-based dungeon drop a robe that frustrated movement (as ice physics do for players in every game) is appropriate, but it definitely needs a buff.

Nil: I’m with Twitchy here. I get what you are going for, but I feel like Hollyhock Hide already does this “calculated risk” pretty well and tenne/t15/shielding provide hefty DPS bonuses for endgame. I’d rather Nil act as an actual alternative to turncoat for endgame rushing.

Low-tier: Awwwwww yes :heart_eyes:. Upes everywhere thank you

Yeah ASS, GWaki, and CC were all suggestions I had suggested in the previous post iterations.
I think the issue with the procs is the unlimited growth potential of things that’s probably why they don’t let current effect boosts stack and only the higher effect will take priority. The mechanic I believe would work is because the boosts would be independent of the current ones in the game and have to have some sort of limitation. I think a lot of people interpreted it just how stat boosts work currently.
I appreciate your suggestions you make some really good points.
I do think Nil needs a change in the direction you and @Twitchystr suggested, it seems that’s what everyone wants. And for Fungplate it probably needs some weird amalgamation of all 3 of my suggestions.
I’m so biased towards the low-tier items because so I’m glad you feel the same way ahaha.
Thanks for your comment King

My thought to the rebalances:

ASS (Imma name it “Guardian Blow”) : Not a bad proc effect but does it goes through multiple targets?

Gemstone Wakizashi: I myself never tried the respective Waki but your buff could work. Also, you might as well give Fractured Waki and Amaterasu (and all AoO abilities) 8% XP bonus as at the moment only T7 has that 8%. Other UT Waki’s needs a desperate rebalances:

• Crossing Fire needs a buff (talked about it already), as even T6 (let alone T7) beats Xing Fire in terms of Damage/MP ratio. I would nerf the MP cost to 90 and give it a Proc that could either ignores Defence or soup up its damage.

• Eastern Wind… I think it should still have the old shot projectile (but having the same current color) to be on par with Sakura Wakizashi. The Exposed duration should be 5 seconds to give it a reason to use over T7 in certain scenario. Also, give it 7% xp bonus to be on par with Xing Fire.

CC Armor: I prefer the “Sticky” reactive proc when IC. It needs more than just that buff but also give it 2 more Defence and reduce the Dex penalty to -8.

Fungie BPlate: This one is weird to buff but I think the 3rd option might fit me the best.

Tlatoani’s Shroud (Imma name it… Enchantment of Tlatoani): Good start though the proc is really unreliable and it have crazy cooldown. I would give it +15 Wis and crank up the proc’ing chance to guaranteed (lasting 5 seconds with 10 seconds cooldown). Also, give it 6% xp bonus.

Esben’s Shaman Attire: A better way would be cranking up the chance to Slow to 100%, though your idea is not bad either.

Armor of Nil (already named the Proc): Eh… I would stick to Twitchy’s idea (of not taking damage) but giving it 15% chance instead of 40%.

Woodland Robe: Sure I can take that buff.

Chasuble: A sidegrade of Shendyt but for beginners or UPE. I can take it.

You also forgot to mention that Bow of the Void’s XP bonus should get buffed to 8%. Though this itself will cause inconsistency with other Void + MBC whites as they all gives 7% XP bonus, barring MSeal, QoS and Omni.

A better way would be… give all them 8% xp bonus to be on par with O3 whites themselves.

Seeing the new shatters items made me kinda rethink/add to a couple of these. The new forgotten king robe gives a similar but better energized effect that made me want to change the Tlatoani shroud. I think having it a proc that gives a “transmutation circle” that provides energized to up to 10 players inside. It would make an interesting item I think. The armor of nil proc would be similar to the waki effect but target the furthest enemy. The shaman attire would have an effect that is similar to the souls guidance wand but still provide the slow effect. Any opinions on these or of the previous items?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.