UT Trading? Its already a thing!

I never got an ammy RIP. It was 100,000 fame I think.

They actually used fame back then

Yeah I think they were like 12k or something then went down to 11k fame. Could you imagine that amount of fame nowadays? People would have 100s of them having gotten them legitly.

Depends if you believe fame-training counts as legit. :wink:

Fame training is running through godlands as efficiently as possible with a group of people which is fully encouraged in an MMORPG.

What this game lacks is an incentive to play by yourself. We need this :stuck_out_tongue:

OPs point completely hits the nail on the head.

There is zero logic behind the stance of keeping most UTs soulbound, while STs remain tradeable (and thus dupable, the key argument often used for why soulbound is ā€œneededā€).

It would be a different situation if the STs were some kind of ā€œlesserā€ items than other UTs. But they arenā€™t, as the examples in the OP highlight (Etherite vs CDirk also). Not to mention that even the lesser UTs like Jungle Staff, PFDagger are soulbound, so itā€™s nothing to do with quality of the UT.

Deca released winter reskins of the top tier armours = soulbound
Yet there are winter reskins of T11s = unsoulbound

The Bellas items are untiered, and tradeable.

The first ST sets were all tradeable. But then Deca released the Warrior ST set = soulbound.

Itā€™s total illogic throughout the thing.

Unfortunately Decaā€™s approach and seeming love of soulbound suggests that if they took any steps to address the inconsistencies, it would be to soulbind other STs items.

What is the meaning of this statement.

The idea that your momā€™s credit card lets you heal enough to use tiered/pixie/dblade on anything that doesnā€™t have a instakill factor.

Gud enuf??

STā€™s are very stupid and were one of Kabamā€™s attempts at selling UT-like items for money in the nexus. The only reason they were ever brought into this game was because of Kabam and now that Kabam is gone these items need to be gone too. I believe that there is a Spencer Cunt video about STā€™s when they first came out.

ok, but now can you give me a situation where you would use dblade over a normal sword? iā€™m well aware of it having more dps than pixie for enemies with higher defense.

i know they used fame and ammys were op it was good to remove them from the game.

why would you use a dblade over a pixie

Did you even take a look at the freaking dps graphs?

Dblade is better

You gave no reason whatsoever. Is there any actual evidence or are you just saying that to spite people?

Think about the old accounts with massive amounts of duped UTs.

Now think about their price if they were tradable. How cheap would they be?

If Deca wanted to make UTs tradable, they would be forced to delete all UTs from peopleā€™s accounts, a thing that would cause the death of RotMG.

Why would I spite people who think one item is better? I was just saying that dblade does more DPS on average. How could that be seen as ā€œspiteā€?

@nevovā€™s post is thread winner in my book.

The whole ut/st, sb/unsb thing is a giant steaming inconsistent mess. If the problem was already existing duped uts they could simply change the item description on those item IDs to (sb), remove them from the drop tables, and add unsb versions.

I can see why deca would be reluctant to do this for the sake of players who like the rarity of them, though. People keep track of which event whites theyā€™ve gotten, how many shatters whites, etcā€¦

Personally Iā€™d rather be able to trade for everything. I do think that jugg and dbow might need to be nerfed if that were there case and that makes me a little sad, but my own preference would be to buy things I want with things I know I can reliably farm in areas I want to/can go, rather than being forced to seek that item in ways that are not fun to me.

I donā€™t want to do 500 sewers to maybe get a void katana. I wouldnā€™t mind doing shatters to get those rings, but I certainly donā€™t like pub shatters and the event is terribly time consuming/boring so actually hunting up shatters is unappealing.

Iā€™d much rather trade for these things, but at the same time I also recognize that this would take away from what others enjoy, and I think it is a hard decision. But deca has a system atm that allows them to release new uts into the game through gambling boxes, and the players just go along with it because they can be traded and might eventually be added to the game as ultra rare drops. Itā€™s not quite as lucrative as if those items were soulbound, but gambling boxes make a lot of money. The sb uts in the game give them just enough of an appearance that the best things in the game arenā€™t for sale.

Itā€™s a convoluted, inconsistent, illogical mess. But they have no incentive to change it. Any change would create outrage with the group that wanted it the other way, and the current system creates a revenue stream. It has nothing to do with game balance and everything to do with market management.

UT trading is an issue because of cough cough realmsaverā€¦
Imagine it Ogmurs for a dollar it would be insane but yes I agree ST shouldnā€™t be tradable.:wink:

That is the real thread winner, right here. I quoted it (and bolded it) because I think itā€™s important for people to see it.