Vault deleting items

Today I logged on realm to check out the new vault and get a new character slot and after I started moving items around i noticed they were getting less and less until l realised I somehow deleted around 7 items for no apparent reason. I tried again and some marks got deleted when i put them in the same vault slot. Restarted my game a couple of times but the items haven’t returned. What should I do?

Fake deca rings?

Send a ticket to support

scary wont play w my vaul too much after this man

ye that happened to me too but what i did was interact with the slots that the items were in
like when i first experienced it i was going to record it with something less valuable (spd pot) but when i moved things it worked out fine. So i eventually dragged pots to where the lost items used to be and it popped back up

note: i didn’t leave my vault idk if that affects anything
i also waited a good bit as i was preparing to record myself

I already did, with a video attached but they haven’t been of much help

Rip, then nothing u can do :sob:

I’ll be honest I spent like a good chunk of time when the update first dropped messing around in my vault trying to figure out if I could do anything dumb like delete items but I couldn’t come up with anything.

If there’s a way to consistently reproduce it (eg follow these exact steps and you can permanently delete an item and it’s definitely not in inventory, backpack, or vault when you restart the game) you could report it to support and then maybe they could fix it for the next patch or even hotfix it if it’s urgent enough. If it’s just a “sometimes happens but not consistently” then idk, best we can hope is that they figure it out.

(just a tangent but I feel like there should be a better way for players to communicate bugs or issues in the game, support kind of feels like a black hole at times especially given those aren’t the devs, they’re just CS and the best they can do is pass it on, assuming they do. Maybe it just doesn’t feel like reporting through CS works well for the community but it actually does and my feelings are unfounded, idk)

I don’t know about actual game dev type stuff, but one thing I can say is that I have contacted support multiple times now and they gave gotten back to me within 12 hours of my initial request both times. That alone is very commendable in my opinion! I have no complaints about the support from what I have seen myself.

It’s possible that they’re just overloaded with requests from people who have lost items. It’s a pretty common thing right now.

I know exactly what items disappeared and when, can the devs like revert my account back to a certain point? Or is that too much to ask for

If they fix it at all, it’ll likely be a replacement item in your gift chest. Rolling back an account would revert any potential deaths, and we can’t have that.

This happened to me yesterday, but with 2 wine cellar tops. What I did to fix it was put two random items(any items like weapons, consumables) in place of the what used to be wine cellar tops in the vault chest. Doing this should give you a message in game saying something like “You can’t use that slot” and give you your items back in that exact slot.

+) However, I’m not sure if this could be helpful for you since my findings were carried out without restarting / re-entering vault.

Thanks for the advice but I’ve tried that multiple times and It didn’t work. Right now I’m trying to get my account rolled back from deca and I’ve recreated the bug but I feel like nearly all of their replies are automated.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.