Vit Mod Idea

A basic vit modifier to make the stat useful and even wanted as a part of equipping characters.

The modifier works as follows:
base debuff time=BT
Character vit=VIT
Total debuff time=DT

Mean vit is 40

the modifier would work simply as DT=BT*40/VIT (If DT<0.1, DT=0)

that is to say Time of debuff would be equal to base time times the mean vit divided by the individuals characters vit.

For Example, a knight with a total vit of 75 hit by a 5 second slow would only be affected for 2.6 seconds.
An Assassin, on the other hand, with a score of 40 would still be subject to the full 5 seconds.

with average vit (not including equipment) being 49, a 5 second debuff would last 4.1 seconds.

This sounds like it would just buff the already overpowered knight and warrior along with a few other random high vit classes like sorc

Does it have to be more complicated than the comfortable formula right now? I also like the idea of VIT being useless. Saves me the hassle of grinding out Abbys and such, because I have the excuse of, “Oh, it’s useless.”

This sounds like a very good idea, actually. You only need a small nerf to Knight and Warrior, and suddenly, Vit is useful again.

With this formula, for every 1 vit gained over 40, you get about 2% reduction to start off with (which constantly diminishes the return the more you have). Even with 98 vit, the current highest possible (Sorc) you would only have a 60% total time deduction.
Now, 60% seems like a lot, but that’s only if you have a totally lame set equipped. (see: https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/sorcerer)
A small nerf to warrior and knight may work pretty well though.
Final point: With the mean vit of a non-equiped character being 49, you already have a 20% reduction in debuff time. That instantly makes vit a desirable stat, that affects survivability.

lets make the game even easier than what it is right now

This seems like it would be a completely unfair nerf to classes like necro with less than 40 vit while buffing the already desirable melee classes.

That’s hardly a sign of a good, well balanced stat.

Mhm. And I like it that way.

That’s going to be pretty brutal for newer players. Having double duration on every debuff (quadruple when compared to some maxed characters, depending on class) is not going to be fun.

Yeah, but like first off, this is just making the high vit classes turn from pretty damn good to absolutely broken. Second off, aren’t you kind of just screwing over the low vit classes? You’re literally making a stat that only applies to classes with high vit and most of those classes already have high stats anyway.

Also, I feel like it would just be not that fun to play with… you know. Like RMGnoob said, just having to go through those long ass debuff times while the pros, those who are already well statted get to ignore a decent amount of it. I feel like dbuffs should screw over everyone equally. Vit needs a balance but this ain’t it

actually never thought about that. Well put!

It’s… I don’t want to say something overblown/dramatic as “what’s wrong with this community”, but like… you, me, everyone has complained about knight having 40 max def, wizzys having 75 dex/atk, characters just… having high max stat caps. The thing that’s wrong w/ this thinking is that… every character you complain about having high stat caps? they’re generally so much stronger than many other chars, because the only ones people specifically complain about being so high is because they’re the ones that matter. 75 speed on dagger classes? 75 atk on a warr? 40 def on a knight? 75 dex/atk on wizard? Now… vit pretty much has the opposite problem - no one gives a fuck. This is precisely “if it’s not broke don’t fix it”, and it’s dirt poor broke.

Yeah… but the alternative issue may be that classes with high vit already have other busted stats because no one cares about vit…

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.