Vitality into Tenacity

Not sure if this has been posted about already, but Vitality needs a change. If you have a pet, maxing vit is pretty much pointless, which only detracts from the value from running abysses.

An idea for vit to be changed would be to make it scale like tenacity - shortening the duration of certain debuffs.

Now that is an interesting idea, maybe you should go more in-depth, I’d like to hear more about it :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally think vit should stay the same, pet regen abilities should be nerfed.

Vit was there first, pets came after. If pets aren’t nerfed by vit is gone, what will happen when people started pouring money into pets?

That actually sounds like a really cool idea more tenacity equaling less de-buff by a certain amount, I think keeping the max amounts on all the characters is fine and the de-buff should lessen the time of effect by about 0.08 seconds I like the thought processing that might cause shorter de-buffs to become non-existent due to enough tenacity therefore making 8/8’s more immune to the weaker dungeons and lessening the painstaking irritation when an 8/8 dies simply because of a confuse into a shotgun. Also I would like to point out that this will likely fix the market which is severely out of control right now by making tenacity around if not higher than the worth of mana/def or even life since the benefits are high. Same changes should be done with wis though with a different stat.

I would leave Vit’s basic function ‘as is’, the game still has a role for Vit in content where pet stasis is applied. (Eg. I find sorcerer’s max 75 makes me more resilient in these places than when I’m playing on lesser Vit classes, or when I’m on Vit unmaxed.) If players choose to ignore this and run unmaxed, that’s their loss when they get petstasised. Sidenote: I probably would concede giving Vit an increase in power, if pets aren’t going to be nerfed, to help reduce the chasm between weak pets and strong.

But yes a 9th stat that makes players more resistant to debuffs, sure. Though I think it wouldn’t work to be solely changing the durations of effects, since much of our experience is on timing, and having that become fluid would screw with our playing. (Eg I know rushing WC if I get hit by a confuse instinctively how long to use confusecontrols for. That would be lost if a stat started to affect the time.) But that’s just confuse - others might be fine, eg slow could be reduced to ‘not so slow’, cursed/bleeding/dazed could be lessened, so there’s probably scope for it to work.

Would have to be careful not to make it just be a overall playerbuff to allow a 9/9 player to be super resiliant though, and have a legion of superplayers walking through all the content, tanking effects without a care.

Pet regen abilities will never get nerfed.

KABAM fked up with pets, and that mistake has gone way too long to be remedied.

Every divine pet is a whole bunch of gold dumped into the game, and pets give incentive for people to dump gold into the game for tangible benefits.

If pets were nerfed, people wouldn’t feel the need to spend so much gold on maxing them, resulting in a loss of income for Deca.

You’re idea makes sense from a player’s point of view, but you’ve got to take things from DECA’s POV, a company’s POV. They wouldn’t do something that would only hurt themselves.

Version 1: Tenacity gives a flat reduction to debuff duration.

This means a maxed character would become immune to a lot if not all debuffs in the game, meaning in turn that most of the game would break, especially endgame dungeons since they rely on status effects a lot.

Version 2: Tenacity gives a percentage reduction to debuff duration.

This is still quite powerful since recovering from getting hit by a Pet Stasis or a Sick for example would be much quicker, while at the same time making Confuse even more annoying (since at max Tenacity, every Confuse in the game would become too short to be confusewalked through).

One of the fixes would be to make all enemy-inflicted debuffs across the board last longer, but then you’d be penalizing newer players harshly and unfairly.

wow this sounds like a new idea

We should talk about a limit. Some effects such as paralyze from certain enemies would be completely negated, such as the corrupted bowman. What if you would only drop it by a certain percentage of the effect, as opposed to a set time?

A better example is the Last Sentry, with 2 bullets that cause effects for less than 1 second. (Paralyzed for .4 seconds, and .75 seconds)

Hmm, lots of good points here perhaps having the tenacity would have a certain bonus effect on our abilities by giving us a short effect immunity every time we used it, though some variations would need to happen because obviously if your pets are strong enough your trickster or other classes without a ability time limit would just become practically immune to debuffs due to unlimited mana regen.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.