Waki vs sheath

sheath is the teleport damage thing
and the waki is the sideways needles

Ah ok, Thank you! :slight_smile:

inb4 lad bots waki votes

The thing is waki was just a flatout better ability. Despite it’s shortcomings it definitely makes samurai a viable class while the same can not be said for the sheath as viability is not definite. Also, DECA may not have had the time to change the sheath to fit the ideal version the players want due to motmg preparation.

i never used either so i dont know

I mean why not both

Waki is a dumb ability imo I wish they would’ve gone with sheath :frowning:

hEy gUyS sIx yEaRs fOr a sHiTtY sPeLlBoMb

Well you’re right

I prefer sheath far more over than waki

sashimono wins /s

how about every class have alternative ability like samurai.

The only reason why I prefer the Sheath over the Waki is because of the mobility.
I can see myself dashing in and out to get damage in, abusing the additional defense from the Heavy Armor.

With the Waki I just see it as a “stand back and spam your ability” kind of thing, and as a Robe ability, not a Heavy Armor.

There isn’t much synergy with the class and its ability is this case- despite having more synergy with all other classes due to the defense reduction.

It is debatable how useful the Waki is anyway, I personally feel that curse and damaging will pump out higher numbers and both generally affect a large group of players/enemies versus the select few with Waki, allowing for much more potential.

If Waki were to attempt to make up for this with a greater damage reduction many players would view it as killing the uniqueness of one of the most sought out items in the game, Ogmur.

This also begs the question, does Waki lower defense below 0? We know defense can do that as a result of the Blasphemous Prayer. If so it could be superior to ogmur in a few scenarios. (Such as Glands.)

This is the first class DECA will ever introduce to the game and is the first class in a very long time. I hope, regardless of the choice made, the outcome makes sense.

Sheath is horrible

The waki is really boring and there are already way to many abilities like that.

On testing the sheath on the other hand was really bad.

I hope we get the sheath, the samurai gets his stats buffed and the “exposed” status will be changed to something less uninspired.

Look, GHZD voted for Sheath!
23%20PM

Never knew he was even on the RE forums

Yes. From public testing post:

Even though sheath was weaker, I had much more fun with it on testing. Waki was boring, and even unusable in narrow hallways.

I too, feel exposed is boring and a reskinned curse/damaging debuff that’s simply gonna be better or worse.

From a purely logical standpoint, the wakizashi has actual use, since it is a real weapon. Using a sheath to beat your enemies doesn’t seem nearly as effective, and I think deca needs to watch more rurouni kenshin.

By the same logic, using a quiver to beat your enemies is also not nearly as effective unless you’re Legolas, of course.

Granted, the sheath was kinda glitchy so maybe they opted to choose one that was in working order.

How about we have deca spend six more years doing that. Yea sounds like a good idea

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.