Wandering priest bot

I’ve been watching these bots for a while ever since I noticed them during ded hours in Australia. They run highland roads and shoot at monsters near them until they find a candy gnome. Once they kill it they spam CANDY LAND over and over until the portal disappears.

I don’t know why.

I’ve noticed it as well - apparently, the one I encountered decided on using a Wizard, for no discernible reason. Too lazy to level it up to level 5 to unlock Priest, I reckon.

I guess they’re what I’d call Chaotic Neutral.
Technically a violation of the ToS, but they minimally interfere with gameplay or give one specific individual an advantage over others (unless they use it as a way to easily farm CLands, for some reason?).

I believe their primary function is to serve as notifier bots. they run around the roads because that’s less dangerous than standing still, and because standing on the beach makes it so you don’t get oryx callouts which they need to read. I don’t know how they’re getting fame, but it seems like it’s either an unintentional byproduct or somehow a means of killing two birds with one stone. spamming cland when they find one would be a way of notifying for cland, a dungeon that’s normally difficult to find and hasn’t been cheesed outside of keys until now

Unfortunately I think the drop in fame was a suicide, because the bot has 25,000 account fame. Nice work though!

well since this priest gains alot more fame than me each month i started to work too :slight_smile:

Why are we counting out the possibility that its just a dude that likes running around on the road :eyes:

its a bot from the ROTMG events discord (aka tracker)

I can confirm they’re notifier bots from talking to the creator, and the fame is just a byproduct from constantly killing any monsters in range of long periods of time.

Autoaim. I tried dragging on one and it was very disappointing because it killed about half the enemies then autonexused

I just wanted to post this:

I hate this game.

FTFY?

This topic will close 2 months after the last reply.
How come this thread is missing the phrase at the bottom?
You managed to necropost 4 months later. Explain your necromancy, Tim.

It’s because the topic already closed, then was reopened; the reopen doesn’t put a new timer on automatically. I’m minded to leave it to see just how long these [redacteds] are allowed to go on.

those are fame farming bots, check their history

i see this all the time and when i drag on it, it ‘autonexuses’ (is it hacking???)

You are right, I do like this game fundamentally. As in, I like what the game is at its core, and I think it has a lot of potential and is really fun.

I hate what Deca has been doing to the game.

Personally I think the core was lost a long, long time ago.

I love what Deca has been doing to the game since the sundering.

I read the title as “wanking priest bot” and was mildly disappointed xd

it wasn’t wanking, was it?