Warrior Nerf (Class Re-balancing)

You sure?
https://youtu.be/8ZWgls0BfQU

Samurai is a very “polarized” class, if I may put it like that. Some people really love it (f.e. me), others just can’t get into it (f.e. you).
I do agree that Samurai has to have some sort of speed increase - 55 seems fine.

My opinion:
Archer: Fine
Assassin: Ability rework, maybe some higher survivability too
Huntress: 100% needs to change. +Dex, -Atk, +Spd, an ability buff
Knight: Honestly does exactly what it needs to. Chainstunning needs to be fixed, however.
Mystic: Orbs need to change. ST Orb needs to be different, Conflict gotta be buffed. Tiered orbs could use tweaking.
Necromancer: I like the necro. It can stay unchanged.
Ninja: What can I say? It’s supposed to be a glass cannon and that’s exactly what it is.
Paladin: Buff needed. Preferably in DPS or speed…
Priest: Good. T6 needs to have speedy removed.
Rogue: Fun. More UT cloaks would be cool.
Samurai: I haven’t actually played this one :stuck_out_tongue:
Sorcerer: Fun to play with, esp with deva. I think it can stay.
Trickster: 0.5 secs of invulnerability after a tp would be cool, but other than that I like it.
Warrior: My main. Loving it, tbh. No nerf plz
Wizard: Like the ninja, does what it reads on the tin. No changed needed.

In my opinion, the issue is that Early-Kabam/Wildshadow obviously never intended for pets to be as broken as they are now. You can do something like chain-stun or perma-speedy/berserk (yes there is a like 1 sec cooldown, but its one sec) just by buying a good pet or grinding for fp. Deca thinks that the solution is to (a.) unleash a shit-ton of pet-stasis (which imo is fine) or (b.) making dungeons basically unplayable from a melee perspective (which is not good). Honestly, I like option a but I feel like there should be a way where you don’t have to see that stupid cat at the top of your character to have a good and engaging boss fight. Make bullets have weird status effect, put an emphasis on dodging. This is just a word dump of reasons that probably doesn’t make cohesive sense but these are things that I feel should be examined.

here’s my view about the warrior:

yes, he is a very strong class, like the knight.

No, neither he nor the knight need a nerf or rebalance.
Both of them are very tedious to max without using a farming char for pots, and when unmaxed on def, they are rather dangerous to play due to low range and little def. Someone who maxes a warrior or knight without trading pots or using a farming char, then they should be able to play a strong class as a reward for their hard work.

Pally overpowered as frak.

150 heal for 90 mana, and wismod scaling as well (AND HEALING)

Damage boost for group.

With Sb these days do you really need to have high dps. (even so pally had 3rd in the game)

Um srry about grammar…

being “tedious to max” doesn’t stop the end-product from being overpowered, and we’re talking about power of the class, not how hard it is to max. All that means is there’s a larger chasm between this class and most others, maxed and unmaxed. That’s precisely how you tell what makes a class unbalanced. They’re all tankier, have access to far more hp (50 more hp than daggers/ninjas, 70 over bows, 100 over robes), and access to bplate, whereas the others only have leaf-hide or soulless if they want to be tankier.

Stop posing this positive as a negative. Just because you complain about pouring more def into a knight than a wizzy doesn’t make it weaker.

They are balanced, as much as they can be. Pets did unbalance them, more than other classes. Pre-pet high def + HP meant melee, especially Knight and Warrior, could stay in the fight a little longer, take a few more hits, before retreating. But with pets against a wide range of enemies they never have to retreat and are OP.

But since then three things have changed. First many other classes have been buffed to make them more viable, interesting or both. Second much content released since pets includes elements that counteract the OP melee + pet combo, with anti-melee/anti-pet shot patterns and status effects.

Third and most recently enemy scaling and damage threshold changes mean melee can no longer steamroller enemies, and are no longer the only ones to get loot due to their high DPS. You can still play melee if you prefer, but any other class is viable for doing SB damage and getting loot.

With all the stun-immune bosses and high damage shotguns, it’s pretty safe to say that melees are having the shorter end of the stick in terms of end game content. If you’ve ever done halls runs and have had the RL ask for more melees, you’ll get the idea that melees aren’t exactly in the strongest position in the status quo.

But the RL’s ask for more melees because melees are helpful, provide buffs and increase group DPS = decreased run times. LH in particular, RL’s often require a certain amount of melees before they will attempt a void run because they are just that useful; knights stunning big bois and the other two providing much needed buffs for each corner to prevent platform from shrinking too much.

The main reasons why people don’t go melee is (a) lack of characters or (b) the false perception that playing melee in an endgame dungeon is more dangerous than ranged, not that melees are inherently worse off in those situations.

On the OP question:
I’ve been playing a bit of no-pet 6/8 warrior and it’s a lot more challenging, needing to dodge. It’s very well balanced with no pet, it’s only the too-high HP heal from a strong pet that makes it feel broken by allowing tankimus maximus playstyle.

It’s a curious thing that HP scale has removed one of the old reasons to play DPS classes: to guarantee getting your SB in amidst a crowd, while adding a new reason: to help get the fight over quicker.

How are you comparing the classes? paladin definitely doesn’t have the 3rd highest DPS in the game.

Im not trying to say the paladin is a super weak unplayable class, Im just saying that he’s the weakest of the 3 melees damage-wise, his base stats are lower than the other 2 melees and he doesn’t get any def from his seal (unless you have an Mseal)

I personally just think he should get a dexterity boost, his dex is way too low at 45 compared to the other classes’ 50 and the warrior’s 75 attack.

Im saying that they can die pretty easily without a jugg, your video doesn’t go against my point at all, you may not have survived that shotgun even if you had your armoured boost, as they do way too much damage

Their support roles have always been there, and have been boosted by pets like everything else. But since pets other classes have taken on more of a support role, especially Mystics with Curse, Samurai with Exposed. Other classes have abilities effective against particular enemies that they can use more with pets, such as Slow and Stun.

I guess it make the game even more cooperative. Now no-one should miss out on SB while most classes have role to play doing damage, providing support or dealing with particular problems due to their unique abilities.

You gotta take the full context of the quote, Mynam said individual dps only matters when playing solo, so DPS is compared with a solo situation in mind.

Paladin’s dex was actually nerfed to 45 and while yes, in a group he will deal the least damage the point is thresholds have been lowered so much that individual DPS in a group doesn’t matter.

While he does have the lowest def, the pally is probably the most survivable out of the 3 because of how broken the seal is. The healing effect grants you the equivalent of a 70 heal pet and with a gcookie gives an instant 112 hp heal. Pally can rush abyss the best out of the 3 classes given a lower level pet because of his ability.

I compared them with the normal equipment at max att and dex and a reasonable amount of mp regeneration.
Its actually the 4 th highest, since you can permabuff yourself already at around lvl 70, which gives almost 3k dps. The only ones that are higher are wizard, mystic and warrior

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.