Wave Harbinger (ST Necromancer Gear)

###Fruit of the Sea

Dimly glowing it dangles. Fruit of life, but without Death there is no Life.

####Stats:

• Tier: ST
  • Shots: 3
  • Damage: 50-70 (Average: 60)
  • Projectile Speed: 18
  • Lifetime: 0.500
  • Range: 8.5
  • Amplitude: 0.85 (Third shot travels straight)
  • Frequency: 0.95
  • Stat Bonus: +4 WIS
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 850

####Drops From:

• Hermit God Tentacle
  • Hermit God

####More info
I made this staff as a way to show how DECA could implement three shot staffs. The original concept for three staffs was from my set theme. As a very aquatic themed set it got me thinking about tridents and how they have three prongs, so I decided to put three shots, even though it’s not a trident. The frequency and amplitude etc apply to 2 of the shots. The other one travels straight, lined up with the intersection of the other two. I also put this as a drop from the Hermit God tentacles because it allows for more chances to get the item.

###Islander’s Skull

He was walking on the beach when he saw it, a strange blue glow. A skull of an ancient species, unbeknownst to man.

####Stats:

• MP Cost: 145
  • Duration: 5 Seconds
  • Cooldown: 5.5 Seconds
  • Apothem: 3
  • Damage: Wall/200 Drain/10 Burst/80 (See More Info)
  • Effect: Summons a pentagonal box at target location. (See More Info)
  • Stat Bonus: +2 DEF +3 WIS
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 650

####Drops From:

• Beach Bum
  • Ghost Ship
  • Hermit God

####More info
So this skull I was inspired by the League of Legends character Thresh and his ultimate. When you use this ability it spawns a pentagon with an apothem of 2, (Look it up if you don’t know what it is) The damage has three parts. Wall: It means how much damage the enemy takes upon touching a wall from the inside of the box. In this case it’s 200. The drain means when an enemy is inside the box, it takes in this case, 10 damage a second, and the box stops draining after a wall is destroyed, regardless of whether the box just spawned, or was already there for 4.99 seconds. Burst damage is just some bonus damage when the box dissapears if no enemies broke a wall. I realize this would be hard to code, it’s just forums and this is a place for new ideas after all.
###Crashing Wave Robe

The tunic of the emperor. The legendary garb which calls upon the waves. The crashing waves.

####Stats:

• Stat Bonus: +10 DEF, +7 DEX, +3 WIS, +45 MP
  • Fame Bonus: 7%
  • Feed Power: 950

####Drops From:

• Hermit God
  • Hermit God Tentacle

####More info
Just a robe. Not much to say. :ocean: :ocean: :ocean:

###Tempest Gem

Forged with a band of cool lava, embedded with a sea gem, and imbued with the soul of the Hermit God, this ring can split oceans.

####Stats:

• Stat Bonus: +60 HP, +100 MP, +5 DEX
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 750

####Drops From:

• Hermit God
  • Hermit God Tentacle
  • Hermit Minion

####More info
It is imbued with the Hermit God so might as well drop from everything Hermit God spawns. Note that the Hermit Minion drop rate is extremely rare.

####Set Sprite

Extra bonuses for full set: +3 DEF (Total:+15) +5 MP (Total: +150) +8 DEX (Total:+20) +15 WIS (Total:+25) +40 HP (Total:+100) I think that’s all of it. Let me know down below if I missed one. :3

Please critique fairly. This set was only made because @PwrNewAcct and @MrLoaf who both encouraged me not to be put down by the negative comments. I really appreciate it guys :heart:️:heart:️

Edit: Major change. All the attack statistics on the gear have been switched to Dex bonuses, to compensate for the fact it would allow the necromancer to reach 95 attack. Ring name changed as well.

Why is the ring not filled in?

I literally put not completed accidental post in the title. I hit post on accident before the ring was completed. Now it should be done.

Ok I didn’t understand :stuck_out_tongue:

set looks cool like the sprites

the skull seems a little confusing, but cool none the less.

3 shot staff is a cool idea. might want to nerf the range to 8.2/8.6 so its not too op.

robe is a WDSR 2.0 with 1 more def and attk, + 45 mp in exchange for 6 speed and whatever else WDSR has, might want to nerf that a bit.

ring is cool, might want to lower the attk a bit, maybe 5 or 6? just a little high for a ring.

Kk like all the ideas. The robe is going to stay though because I never meant it to be anything like WDSR :3

I like this set. First of all, I think that Necro (next to Ninja) is the class that needs an ST set the most, to kind of give it a new reason to play.

I also like that for once this is a UT staff that’s actually usable. I looked at DPS on Pfiffel, and it outdamages Cosmic up to about 39 Def. That may be a little overpowered, but if you backed the damage off a little bit, it should be fine.

I don’t know about the skull. I didn’t look up what an apothem is.

The robe and ring seem a bit too Attack oriented. Bear in mind that the Necro just got a 75 Attack cap buff, and with +20 total from your set, it would have a 3-shot staff with 95 Attack. I that’s too much.

Other than that, I like all the designs (especially the robe and set skin). Good job on this one! :grinning:

Wow thanks for the compliments! It feels very good to receive positive feedback on my items. I will dial back on the staff damage but I’m going to leave the set damage alone. I wanted this to be a very damage orientated set. I may tone it down a little later but it’ll stay for now. An apothem is the length of the perpendicular bisector to any side of a regular polygon, ie hexagon, octagon, pentagon, decagon etc. So in other words it’s basically the range and size of the box.

im fine with your changes, but just nerf the robe by 1 - 2 def and I’ll be satisfied with this set

I’ll take off 1 Def. :3

ty :smiley:

Np. Just saved it. :3

HOLY CRAP THAT"S A HUGE BUFF

Yep :3

It’s almost like having a whole extra ring. It’s supposed to symbolize the lore as the explorer finds piece after piece of these things. When he grabs all these things, he feels a rush of power, turning his eyes light blue and possessing him with the spirit of the Old Man of the Sea; throwing in a huge power boost.

true the ring is also super Op

Not as op as my original idea to put def on as well. I decided against it though.

wow im stupid, I just realized that WDSR has 12 def not 10, oops :disappointed_relieved:
to rerebalence this robe, I think you should add 1 attk so it is a 2:2 def attk trade.

It’s ok :3 Tbh I really only nerfed the initial gear buff. Each time I took something off, I added it to the set bonuses. Also if I did out attack it would make it too powerful. With necromancer cap it’d be at 75. Set bonus at 20, so 95. That’s insane. So really it’s all good, no needs ever happened. XD

The one problem I see is copyright, I believe IB2/3 has a ring called the Tidal Ring

Really? Ok, I’ll make it the tempest ring then :confused: