We did it guys! [Top 10 Worst Pay To Win Games]

https://imgur.com/vcxjMI3

(Num 10)

(Stolen from Reddit… and sorry i cant embed)

We got a nomination for ‘Worst P2W games!’ From the ‘Worst top 10 channels!’

Great work everyone!

On what basis? That the company that used to run the game has a business model which blatantly states that any game they run shall be sucked to the last penny?

The game used to be amazing, it went through a shit phase, and it’s now coming out on the other end, trying to fix what was broken.

Pets aren’t a problem which can be fixed in a day. So people criticizing the game can say what they want, but there’s a reason why this game is addictive, and it’s sure not because you can throw money at it.

Whats sad is that they don’t know the context, so they looked for the most recent owner and slapped their name on there.

Poor DECA

‘While some have claimed that port items aren’t essential to making progress, the reality is that these purchases are made to be enticing and forces an imbalance in play’ Mojo

He certainly makes it sound as though the claims aren’t true. First of all, who the hell would buy weapons and other items from the nexus? Absolutely no one unless you are truly that desperate, but you’re still stupid. Items like weapons and abilities are the least enticing things you’d buy in the nexus. If you throw money into this game, you’d most likely know what you will be doing that will benefit you in many different ways. People play this game without even buying anything. I assure you that there are White Stars who haven’t bought anything and they can still play the game as a F2P.

It’s addictive for the reason that you want to strive for rewards, by achieving and attaining them from dungeons. You certainly don’t need to give DECA money to cut around corners to get good. Getting good will take time and practice, but its free. Idk where I’m going with this. Guess its just a rant to Mojo giving RotMG a bad name.

They don’t know that.

They are considering the game completely p2w and they didn’t mention pets… the only p2w thing.

dailies make slots and vaults much much much less p2w now.

They forgot my Idle phone game :frowning:

Cant really see what makes realm so much more p2w than other games

They are right but with the wrong reasons. All I can really say is PETS and SB ITEMS.

Also please don’t bring “pay for convenience” arguments here, that’s just straight-up bullshit and dodging the main topic.

Maybe people will remember how terribly inaccurate most WM videos are.

I wonder what DECA’s reaction to that video is.

So true. Tbh even pets aren’t locked behind that huge of a grindwall, compared to some of the shit big corps pull.

And the biggest point is that Deca had no say in the way things were. They’re here trying to make sure the game doesn’t die out.

Deca has made the actual PTW (pets/slots/vaults) become less p2w via the monthlys and shoving feed at people while at the same time making the pay for convenience and vanity explode.

Basicly what I think about this + @Shatter’s reply just above mine.

Realm is pretty fucking p2w I’d agree with that. It’s getting a bit better though, things aren’t completely barred from non paying players now.

i see you’re a man of baguette as well c; salut
all in all…probably the best discription for rotmg p2w status up there

The game doesn’t just suddenly make a qualitative leap from pay to win, realm just went slightly down the scale of pay to win it didn’t become not pay to win.

Mules aren’t intentional things that players have access to, it’s a work around.

The keys thing doesn’t make much sense to me, you aren’t paying for the items you’re paying for the content that you get items from. If you don’t have access to the content frequently you wont get items from that content frequently. It may not be so direct as to just buy the items, but it still sits somewhere on the scale of pay to win.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it as pay2win, more as pay2play during Kabam.

That’s still a mean of getting free vault space and character slots, even if it isn’t intentional.

What I mean by the key system is the following. In current rotmg you can access any dungeon as soon as you know where to search. It may take different amounts of time depending on the dungeon and your luck, but overall if you want a dungeon, you’ll find it.

Keys are just a way to make this faster. It won’t make it easier to get the loot from the dungeon, only to find and start it. Apart from that, you’ll need as much skill, experience and luck to get loot. That’s why I think keys aren’t pay2win : they’re not like if you bought directly pots and whites, you gotta work for them.

This game isn’t pay2play it’s a free game

If it isn’t intentional it’s a workaround.

My argument was that even though you aren’t directly buying the item that drops from the dungeon you are paying for more frequent runs of the dungeon which in turn gives you more frequent drops from that dungeon, which is pay to win but not directly buying the items.

To add on; skill, experience and luck aren’t factors here. You can’t get dungeon keys from any of those.

During Kabam, most events were accessible only with gold, and you couldn’t get any char slot or vault space or anything useful that would make the game last longer. That’s why I call it “”""“pay2play”"""" : you could play, but wouldn’t be able to go much further without gold.

If around 80% of active players use it, then what’s the problem of it being a workaround?

This is kinda true, but there is a big factor changing this : RNG. To get loot, you can only count on your luck. It is true that keys increase the odds of getting something in a set amount of time, but it won’t guarantee it, and you might as well see a person running dungeons normally get this items before you. It’s all down to luck, and items like keys and loot boosters are only a way to tip the odds in your favor.

You’re telling me that to play rotmg, you don’t need skill or experience? Or did you not understand what I said? This idea was that even with the money to buy keys, you cannot get loot if you don’t know how to run the dungeon you bought the key for.

You could still play the game for free, it isn’t pay to play.

I mean I just think it’s stupid that you say vaults and character slots aren’t pay to win just because you can make another account to take advantage of that, this isn’t a big point of my reply though hence it being just one sentence.

Yes they do which is why I say it’s pay to win. More runs means more chance of a drop, more keys is more runs.

It seems you didn’t understand what I said, you can’t get keys without paying money, skill and experience have nothing to do with spending money. You don’t need to be able to finish every dungeon you run it’s the increased opportunity that is pay to win.

You could, but only at a low level. Having only one character doesn’t help you get very far in the game, it is boring and if you die you don’t have anything left to rebuild.

I find it stupid too, but it’s a thing in the current situation so I cannot exclude it. If I excluded from my vision of the world anything I found stupid, my vision of the actual world would be flawed. Same goes with this.

That’s not the definition of pay2win. A game is pay2win when you can get end-game content without playing it, but only with the use of real money. Here, you can make it a tiny bit easier to get this content, but you can’t just buy whites and pots from the dungeons.

This is true, but it isn’t the point. What comes next is though.

You do. If you buy a key then run it, you need to get damage on the boss in order to have a chance at getting any loot. That’s what we call sb damage : without a certain quantity of damage dealt to the boss, it won’t drop anything for you. Of course you can just open and wait for people to kill everything, but you won’t get any item from the dungeon. The key will then be effectively wasted for you.

For the other people, of course they’ll profit of it, but as for you they’ll need to get sb damage, so they’ll need to play the game and put themselves in danger in order to have a chance at getting loot.