Weekend challenge [not 100% confirmed yet]

Why is this not confirmed 100%?

Because its on the ingame notes in testing

he says that but it’s really 100% confirmed

Where?

It’s niegil he knows everything >.>

Below is a .gif of the Testing announcement (copied from Niegil’s Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/bha6xe/this_weekends_challenge_event_will_be_shatters/):

Double fame from a dungeon is a really interesting bonus to put in a weekend event. It makes me excited to see what other unique rewards we may receive in the future. One thing I always thought was weird about RotMG is how it has no daily bonuses that affect the base mechanics of the game like so many other MMO’s do. It’s not like the game can’t have any, there could be bonuses like loot drop weekends, double fame from glands thursdays, event spawning fridays, pet egg drop tuesdays.

I wasn’t planning on running a chest event this weekend but this double fame has me interested to try it out regardless. I’m a sucker for fame…

Load up that YouTube URL, y’all…

…cause we’re really going to need it.

Also, hey, I skipped over that double-XP-from-Shatts-minions part. Interesting - extra guaranteed rewards for those who don’t get loot (or get the infamous dyes and cloths…).

Ay i gotta shatters key

This is interesting, and I wonder why they plan to do this. I assume they mean all character skins that are currently up for sale there.

I’d have thought that the skins in nexus brought in more profit than the tiered items, because people who aren’t like completely new to the game know not to buy the nexus tops but it’s reasonable for someone to really want a specific skin and choose to buy it in nexus.
Also, skins being sold in nexus is a lot less scummier than selling tops in nexus… if anything the tops should have been removed, instead.

I’d also think that it’s easier to get impulse buys from people who really want a certain skin than if it were just a chance at getting it from a mystery box, which is a reason to actually increase the selection of skins that can be bought in nexus.
Personally, if there were a skin I really really wanted to have, I would have no problem buying some gold to get it from the nexus if I could buy it from the nexus, but if it were in a mystery box, I’d be really hesitant to buy any boxes because I could potentially spend a lot of money and still not get what I was really after. (I have actually bought a dye or two in the past from bazaar just to make my character look prettier; I don’t think I would’ve spent any money if you couldn’t buy any dyes from bazaar and you had to roll the mystery box for a chance of getting the dye color you really want)

Everyone likes dyes, and thats a fact
Everyone: I want loot
Deca: How about, DYES!
Everyone: Ew no
Me: Oh yes

Pub shatts time

Bracer or bust babeyy

Deca:Well if everyone doesn’t like DYES HOLD THIS BIG PHAT 0 FOR ME!

oh boy I can’t wait to get more whites from the bosses than the actual chest :sunglasses:

or anything for that matter.

This is sadly true… but all shatters whites drop from chest ;-; so rip loot confirmed?

Double Crown chance.

We hope. We hope!

Saw some madlad get 2 bracers and gem in a chest event couple months ago

Event is now live, see: Weekend Dungeon Challenge: The Shatters and Haunted Cemetery [Apr 26th to Apr 30th]