Weekend Challenges - Ice Cave + Deadwater Docks [Jun 14th to Jun 18th]

x-post from: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/c0jgee/weekend_challenges_ice_cave_deadwater_docks/

Pictures better then words.

Aww yiss, shots at the Icicle Dial Mystic skin >:3

Imagine doing ice cave ever

• Good fame
  • Can drop tops
  • Mana is easily sellable, although cheap
  • Decent UTs

Why not do an Ice Cave?

• who cares
  • imagine picking up tops
  • imagine picking up mana
  • no they’re not

Only good thing about this event is the tornado pet skin which has a .0001% drop rate lol

There’s nothing I particularly want again but I’ll probably do a few to max spd and dex on my new rogue, and gain some fame.

Already got 3 whites… Wish one of them was ogmur …

its time to get ez mana and I already have the knight skin and I rarely play mystic

The fame is awful. Id rather do lost halls which, for anyone who has successfully completed at least 10, should come easily. I personally say it is just as easy as ice cave because the only thing that can kill you are things that take you by surprise— which is pretty much the case anywhere.
There are much more reliable methods of getting tops. Halls, and o2 have a higher chance. If you want something easier, you can do ddocks which also has an okay rate of dropping tops and is much quicker (it also happens to be the other event dungeon this weekend)
Personally I have way too much mana, but its really not that good of a potion to hold on to. As you said its quite cheap and its usually sold for 1-2 def. I’d rather just collect def because there are usually more offers to trade it for pots and items than there are for mana. Additionally, def is much less monotonous to farm because of less straightforward paths in dungeons (im talking about sews and abbys) and less waiting around during boss phases, which just makes it more annoying.
Decent uts… I don’t think I know any person who would go ot of their way to farm either UT. Typically people will just do one if it happens to appear, and if they happen to get a white they either shrug and vault it or, more commonly, feed it.

Imo the rework didnt do much. It stopped leeching but it didnt really improve the other problem such as time vs rewards and the overall boringness of the boss and the dungeon itself

you kidding? you realise that event whites in dungeon chests is never a good idea, if you want an ogmur do lotlls. that’s how the game is designed and people wanting deca to give them free shit for no reason pisses me off to no end.

A bit predictable that it’d be ICave/Docks as they’ve not been ‘evented’ for a while.
Docks is only average fun to me but I like Ice Cave, more for the first bit as running along on the ice and dodging things is fun, the boss room less so as it’s quite robotic fight ever since the last rework it got.

& the menu news graphic:

• meh
  • I don’t need to imagine it, as it’s something I do
  • ^
  • skull is decent, staff is way too situational

That was 50% a joke, and 50% frustration at event @&#$ drop rates–6 years and 1 event white

lol

Staff isn’t even situational, it’s just useless

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.