Weekend Quest Events - Oryx & Janus [Mar 22nd to Mar 26th]

Not a fan of these. I really liked the events where they doubled up a chest + a mark quest. For example, the tomb + parasite and the nest + davy events. In those, even if you got garbage from the chest, you still had the epic chest to compensate.

Key events ruin the economy tbh, Oryx doesn’t hurt it as MUCH, But Key events are way faster to get loot than in oryx…

If its o2 chest than it takes a while to defeat all the bosses and o2 than chest. For me its pretty balanced if the chest is only on o2.

But if you don’t like the droprates, well its on Deca.

If planned thoroughly, they could have chosen the drop rates of whitebag items to be 4x higher (or more) in the redbag, than what the O2 chest pays out, and so made it mathematically the same lootchance (or even higher).

It’s another case where telling us the drop % info would let us judge if they’re actually generous or “robbing” us with the switch from event chest to mark/redbag, instead we just have suspicion and badfeelings from the lack of info.

Even with mark events involving mass key popping (tombs, shatts), I was seeing a lot of people disliking the mark events and wanting chest events to return. Not everyone preferred the mark events over chest events, but it still seemed like most people preferred the chest events.

I honestly am not really a fan of either. Chest events in general are a hot mess and they ruin so many things: the sense of progression, the player-based economy, the feeling of challenge, et cetera. The fact that a majority of the community is clamoring for chest events to come back is incredibly disappointing.

Mark events are basically chest events in a new set of clothes in terms of how they affect the game. The one benefit I can think of is that you can still be rewarded for playing the game outside of event time if you save up the marks (assuming you have the inv space for it, which not everyone does); not everyone has the weekend free.
However, the drop rates just feel terrible from the goodie bags (I understand that they have to have some not-a-winner prizes for balance purposes, but I’d prefer a mystery dye or cloth entirely over old tops or worse tiered items since those just give me the feeling of “haha let’s pretend like we totally didn’t ruin the progression and economy of the game so these are still not absolute garbage even for most new players”), and the inv space required to carry all those marks around ranges from annoying for people who have a couple vaults/chars, to unreasonable for F2P players.

And both of these, outside of events like this one where people are encouraged to clear the realm, heavily incentivize nexus sitting which is absolutely terrible. I could go on for hours about how nexus sitting is stupid. If anything, mark events might be even worse because you’ll have a hard time keeping up with the dailies let alone the repeatable quests if you’re just doing them in the realm as they spawn, while someone just leaving the game on in the background in USS is figuratively running laps around you.

The point of this game from a business perspective isn’t to be generous with droprates. DECA will likely only react with gameplay changes which a switch to marks from chests is. Just the fact that marks take up inventory slots make them a good business decision, not to mention that chests are frankly not fun gameplay. With those two aspects in mind I think it’s a predictable shift.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.