What are these supposed to be? (new shatters)

they’re red on the minimap, but they are stagnant

I believe they are statues that may come to life when approached. I don’t know how frequent it is, but it probably works very similarly to those skeletons that rise from the decoration in the Undead Lair.

Also, hi Kiddi.

Somewhat. From what I could tell, an important distinction is that they only have a chance to activate, and it’s got a larger “activation” radius, too.

The way you can tell them activating is due to a slight sprite change - for instance:

Aight, so, I’ll try to not confuse with my explanation.

If you see a statue AND a red dot on the minimap, it’s a dummy statue and will never activate
If you see a statue BUT NO red dot on the minimap, it will activate

This seems to be accurate up till the gargoyle statues.

Double checked and that does indeed seem to be the case! Gargoyles are an exception, making them less predictable, as they can have no dot on the minimap while still staying as decor.

What confuses me is the choice to go for this sort of…unintuitive hint. If anything, hiding an enemy dot on the minimap is quite tricky, last time I heard.

This is actually a fairly recent glitch! By design, all of the stone statue enemies are hidden on the minimap and only show their red dot once active. However, a recent update changed how this stuff works in the code, and unfortunately threw off that system (with the gargoyle being the exception). It should be fixed in the near future, this isn’t intended and wasn’t that way on release!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.