What did you dream of last night?

Last night, I dreamt that I had accidentally installed a malicious program. This program took over the recently installed omnidirectional projectors in every room of the house and projected bees onto walls wherever it was agitated. Along with the projected bees, there were a number of bees in the house in places where the digital bees were extra active, leaving us to suspect the bees were somehow coming to life out of the virtual space.
Eventually it got to the point we had to abandon the house, and it turned out the world had become post-apocalyptic. I was in a city with broken down houses and occasional screams that people seemed to be heading towards with malicious intent.

During the phase where I was discovering there were more than 4 bees, I was moving in a very slurred manner, unable to change the direction I was looking in, only seeing the topleft 20% of my vision. I understood that it had to do with me being sleepy, so it was not scary on its own, but it did make moving around more difficult, as I pretty much had to rely on touch for a while.

The dream was moderately terrifying.

The General Chat Thread v2

Do you… have a fear of bees, by chance?

Last night, like most nights, I had no dream.

Kinda. It’s not a massive fear, but I dislike getting stung by insects, and hearing a mosquito buzzing next to my ear while I’m lying in bed will make me wide awake, or at least end up with me hitting the side of my head in hopes of catching the lil’ fekker that startled me.

i heard that more and more people are having vivid/scary dreams after the pandemic
i for one, am one of them

this one streamer i follow on twitch was having strange dreams lately, so much so that she dedicated a stream to just asking her fans about their dreams and their experiences, and i did hear similar vivid dreams of all kinds

we also went into the sleep paralysis and sleep paralysis demons topic

Cool… alrighty then.

It was late afternoon, I met up with a classmate of mine from my previous school to do a make-up research project. We were at the teacher’s office and soon left.

The next thing I remember was a group of friends in mix of Paper Mario art style and Legend of Zelda, moving from screen to screen looking like they’re going on a hopeless task. I remember that I had to do the research project with my classmate.

Next thing I know I was outdoors, in the city, at night. It was raining a bit, I saw my classmate coming up to me and invited me to buy some street food. We eventually went to a place which I suppose was meant to be my mother’s house even though it was completely unfamiliar.

I asked her to get comfortable while I went ahead and got some food, got some Sprite flavored cup noodles (Don’t ask, there was coke and seafood but somehow I thought she’s like Sprite flavor the most cause it was lime. Maybe it was just called Sprite for marketing), and spicy cup noodles. Got some cornick snacks and chips too. I finished getting the food and then I woke up.

The dream had a lot of stuff I can kinda explain. Me failing Research class is a recurring dream. Also classmate was someone I was thinking of a little before I went to bed.

I chased a girl around a sports store, and then she jumped on a shoebox conveyer belt and inexplicably died. Then, the shoes rose up and morphed in little dolls and started to touch my hair, sucking and licking it. Then they bled out (no idea why), and I ate their corpses. Then I made a campfire and spitroasted them and then I woke up.

What in the actual hell. Everyone’s been having horror-genre dreams

I don’t normally dream (most unfortunately), but I remember many of the few dreams I’ve had over the years since I was but a young child. Some of them were amazing, some of them were horrifying, but I savor both when I can.

I very rarely remember what I dream about these days.

Likewise, real life is already hardly believable.

I don’t even remember anything I did in the last week

well it wasn’t last night but it was the night before and some of it’s weird enough that it’s probably worth sharing for anyone interested in this sort of thing:

I found a very large spider in my room, roughly the size of my laptop. it wasn’t a realistic looking spider, it looked more like some loosely fantasy inspired monster spider, but it was definitely a giant spider nonetheless. naturally I ran out as quickly as possible scared out of my mind and spent the rest of the dream sequence hiding in the bathroom upstairs with the door locked refusing to come out. my sister (who doesn’t even live here anymore) was the one who was sent to deal with it because she was the least scared of it or something even though in the real world I’m the one who isn’t scared of spiders and she’s the one who needs help with them.

now anyone who has had to deal with spiders of varying sizes knows that you can’t just go smashing the big ones with a book or a shoe or something. well, you can but it makes a huge disgusting mess and the sound is absolutely awful. so naturally my sister did the perfectly sensible thing we all do when confronted with a giant spider and that is to soak a towel in bleach and smack the spider with the bleach towel until it dies. it made a huge disgusting mess anyway so I’m not sure why that had to happen but that’s how it went down.

while my sister was putting away the bleach towel, my brother went to clean up the chunks of dead spider left behind, so he scooped them up and put them in the clothes dryer and turned it on. while no one thought the bleach towel approach was silly, everyone thought the spider parts in the dryer was the stupidest nonsensical thing anyone has ever heard of because there is literally no reason to ever do such a thing, and everyone told him that and he felt dumb. the spider remains were removed from the dryer, and thrown into the garbage can outside.

also entirely unrelated to the spider business, the chest freezer in the basement was lined with wall insulation and filled to the brim with nothing but unfrozen bread. it was not plugged in.

I love hearing weird dreams, because where else are you going to find such weirdly specific details?

and filled to the brim with nothing but unfrozen bread. it was not plugged in.

I was reading the boomer thread in that cellar now this lol.

weirdly specific details?

Last night was one of my escape from betrayal dreams. I know I can’t just die but like an elevator wall some door was the end and i was being pulled nearly crossing the closing door. I made it but a small part of my side was in stasis. I woke up before being touched by the moving metal door. Cosmic fear and death get in the way of sleep, but at least it’s a way to get up just like in realm.

@Survivor http://beesbeesbees.com/

Just woke up from a dream that felt like it was hours long where I got fired. It was awful

Texted my boss “oh good I’m not fired” “I had just an awful dream”

The text back:

“Oh lol yeah about that…”

Nah nah nah, we good

In my dream there was a barn-like structure the size of an aircraft hangar. It seemed quite dilapidated but nonetheless had an air of age and permanence. The sun had baked its wooden cladding grey.

Inside the ‘barn’ the ground was strewn with dusty hay and scattered with the most bizarre detritus. I distinctly recall several broken down wagons, some ceramic vessels, old bedsteads - this sort of rundown paraphenalia was also hanging off the walls. Parts of the ‘barn’ had the feeling of a workshop, although I do not recall any tools. There were also a great number of very intricate and articulated wooden puppets, exquisitely wrought and carved with detailed designs - and most fantastical of all were these two gigantic wooden boars, which I also took for puppets of a kind, although they may have been automata. The wooden plating on the shoulders resembled armour. All the puppets were dormant.

It suddenly transpired that an old lady lived in this barn with two children. However, the two children (neither of whom I recognised) spent their days in fear and loathing of the old lady (who may have been their grandmother). Despite all the fantastical things to play with in the barn, and all the ancient treasures to explore, these two children spent all day outside the barn, playing make-believe in the tall drab grass. They were ducking and hiding behind tall clods. Then one says to the other, ‘all this drudgery will be over soon - the King of Time is coming’.