What did you dream of last night?

it is

Oooo… you want to give me cookies… oooooOoo

Two dreams today! I’ve never shared my dreams with anyone before, but I decided I would this time.

1. Teamed up with around ten strangers and faced against Oryx, except this time, he was huge. I’m talking massive, as in making skyscrapers jealous. We were in some dark chamber, and he looked a lot like O1, but my mind kept saying he was O3 for some reason. Anyways, I asked the guy next to me, “Why is he so huge?” to which the guy replied with something like, “So that if we’re not scared, he can still make us panic.” And then everyone except me died a few second later. But before the Mad God could even turn towards me, I whipped out a laser gun with 100 range (this was literally engraved on the gun) and sniped him, instantly killing the gigantic guy.

2. This ones even weirder. I was reading a book and I was…inside the story as well. I interacted with the characters but I could also skip to the end, to the cover, etc. Basically, I could tell the future, and no one knew about it, as I seemed like a regular character (or in their perspective, a regular person). Imagine a school. Now imagine that it’s one hundred years older so that it’s really dusty and rusty. Now shrink it a tiny bit and add a few dirty aquariums. That was where I found myself. I wandered around and met a woman who seemed tired as hell, so I asked what was wrong. She said that she was exhausted from training her dolphin. I learned that, apparently, she had a dolphin and she was trying to train it to be super fast. The dolphin was unnamed, but we’ll call them Fin. Also, we’ll call the woman Kate since I don’t want to keep saying “the woman.” I offered to help her and she said something like, “Alright. I have a couple things that I left in some other rooms. Can you get them for me, please?” She told me the things I need, and I thought, “Hm. This shouldn’t be hard.” The funny thing is, however, when I walked around the training center, every goddamn room was named after a room from Among Us. Storage, Electrical, Security, Cafeteria, Reactor (God knows why a dolphin trainer needs an aerospace-capable reactor that could have a meltdown at any second), everything was there. I managed to get the stuff and bring them back to Kate. Fast forward a few weeks and Kate still couldn’t get Fin to go any faster. The dolphin was getting old. Kate cried a bit, and then (I kid you not), she coughed. Everything froze for a moment. She looked super scared as she said, “Oh no.” And then she died. Now remember this is all part of a book? I closed it, got on to a computer, and made a Wikipedia search on the girl (remember: I’m still in the dream, just not inside the story). Turns out, she was a real person (at least, in that dream). I scrolled down to the section about her death, and I remember it was titled “A Tragic something.” I looked at the date of her death. It was 2015. I looked at the cause of her death. It was COVID-19. Hm…Well that ain’t right.

Moral: Don’t let me come up with stories, for I will always find a way to make them strange.

These stories you guys tell are why I keep coming back to this thread with earnest :joy:

Kinda a stupid dream ngl but:
So I had a dream that I was playing Mario kart, right? But it was irl, like I was running around the course racing actual Nintendo characters who were in the go karts.oh yeah, the course was my house too. So I would sprint around, but one time I got knocked off the course, into the out of bounds, so when Lakitu was retrieving me with his fishing pole thing, it was the scariest thing ever. When he pulled you on it, it was a feeling to your stomach like no other. I was in first place, but then somebody passed me because I got tired and I raged and then I woke up. Idk why I dreamed of it cus I haven’t played mk in a few days, so it’s not like I played it before bed or smth

download%20(2)

Yeah I was watching a yt video on that last night, so that could be part of it lol

Wow, I finally got a dream! First one since the inception of this thread. ;.;

I’m omitting specific conversations, partially because in my dreams, we seldom actually “speak” and communicate with telepathy, which may include words, but more often than not convey intentions that I can translate.

I was paired with my next brother down age wise for most of the duration of the dream. The setting seemed to be modern at first, but in fact we seemed to be in a slightly future setting for several reasons (Think Big Hero 6, for lack of a better easy explanation. Not too advanced, but enough to be noticeable). I was in the outskirts of Anchorage, which had grown significantly larger towards its center, but only with very minor changes scattered throughout the rest of the city.

We were apparently trying to track someone down that our 3rd and 4th oldest sister siblings grew up with and loved very much (a bald, muscular, sub-middle aged man who was married; he was a combination of two real people I know. If you have trouble imagining someone, just use a younger, slightly shorter version of Dwayne Johnson as a filler). His wife was an influential philanthropist and botanist, and both were exceptional explorers.

Our target’s wife was rather stoic about her husband’s disappearance, as he had left unexpectedly in search of… something unbeknownst to her, and hadn’t returned in roughly 3 weeks. She was worried he was getting into trouble, again. I’ll admit I was distracted with her massive garden (I’m thinking it was loosely based off of a botanical garden back home I liked and many foreign plants, except many looked like they were gmo’s designed to magnify beauty. I specifically remember some mutated Asian and Middle Eastern plants). My brother and I proceeded to embark on our quest/adventure thing shortly thereafter.

We were traveling the world from that point out. Everywhere had grown in size; many super sized structures that I’m aware of are being planned or in the works irl were already built, with plenty of new structures on the way. Europe was one of the first places we traveled to. We were prowling a humble chapel, which was partially occupied by an equally humble congregation milling about with idle tasks, preparing for their Sabbath, apparently.
We meet an old friend there, and after a brief exchange of pleasantries, we interrogated her about our missing man. She was saddened upon hearing that he had gone missing, but she had very little idea what he was doing. He was here a couple weeks ago, but was in a frenzied rush, with business elsewhere in that city. We thanked her and travelled onward.

Small excerpt to condense space: I will skip most of the middle scenes of the dream, because despite fantastical elements of visual design, most of it would be interactions that hold high significance to me, but would take too long to explain why. I’ll start at the end now.

Our travels eventually took us to the slums of a metropolis on the American west coast. It was very reminiscent of sci-fi slums. The outer appearance reminded me of a cross between the ground level of Taris (A planet from the game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. No Rakghouls in my dream, though! :sweat_smile:) and a place on an app I played when I was a little younger called Machinarium. We ventured deep into that space hot on the tracks of our target, and I knew we were being watched by some shady locals. I wasn’t worried about a fight. We found the entrance we were looking for. And then the scene changed drastically.

We had found a well hidden portal to a base built into the side of a mountain, high in the atmosphere of a foreign planet. It appeared to be… shall we say… repurposed from its original sinister, militant intents to a sort of crazy alien party house, but it looked ransacked. It was as chaotic and messy as places in Pajama Sam 1 (more obscure references, yay!), with some creatures with bodies made from the materials around us, and some humans and humanoids mixed in. Most appeared completely unconcerned with the possibility that anything could be wrong. My brother stayed behind to distract the crowd whilst I pressed deeper.

I rounded the halls, now mostly alone. It was a ginormous, rounded base, and the outside was growing darker, turning a very deep blue with a setting Sun. This planet’s sun was not unlike our own, but every so slightly smaller and paler. I had my thoughts to myself. When entering a immense corridor that led to even larger chamber, a figure drifted over from behind one of the round metal pillars. I suddenly noticed the body of our missing man behind me slumped on the floor leaning on the wall, with a light gash on his chest emanating a “glow” of darkness. Alive, but only partially.

My attention returned to the figure. My best description was that he wasn’t a true Zhuyin - more like a gorgon, with the arms body and head of a man. Only this dude was obviously Voldemort, and had incredibly long, thick, black nails on his hands, but otherwise looked unarmed. It was now very dark on the base with only a cold, dark lighting. Very gothic for an interstellar base, with some technology related blinking lights occasionally dotting the walls. The creature lunged at me with its nails, laughing at my insolence to even approach it in the first place. The ground began to roil with a black vapor. I dodged backwards out of the way. I ran back to the unconscious man, who did happen to have (as I thought in my dream) one of those fancy solid state crystal pistol blasters! Discouragingly, it was out of charges (probably because he used them all fighting this monstrosity :droplet:), so I settled for his hybrid high tech knife. Very adept, but short ranged.

I ran into a side room leading deeper into the base, but the creature raked my body, quick as a wink, and now I was steaming black vapors (and it hurt; I felt that). It was grand, if not terrifying fighting it! I got a few hits in, it got one more slash on my cheek with one of it’s hands…

And then I woke up to my alarm at 6:00. As disappointed as I was not to finish the dream, I do distinctly remember thinking you myself with groggy thoughts: “Wait a second! That second room I was fighting in looked almost exactly like the two connected entrances to the Rebel base on Hoth!” For those of you unfamiliar with the setup, Star Wars Battlefront II’s fighting area immediately after the long trek across the frozen landscape is what it looked like, approximately.

That was very long and convoluted, even for a summary with an additional chunk untold…

Dang how’d u remember this much of your dream

Partly because I quickly typed the gist of it and filled it in later in my morning before I left home, and partly because I tend to remember my dreams because I have them so seldomly. I still remember dreams and nightmares from my childhood.

Last night I dreamt about walking along the route I used to use when cycling to school, and setting up a market stall somewhere in the middle.

I also dreamt about exploring an abandoned building and waking up my brother who was sleeping in one of the abandoned bedrooms, lying on the bed, covered by a large pile of clothes.
While exploring the dark abandoned building I was using two light sources/visual aids. One was my phone flashlight and camera, the other was a regular flashlight.
As I was waking him up, I saw two rats in the room, one had a long tail, the other had no tail. They weren’t very frightened of us.
I picked up the one with the long tail by its tail and dangled it next to his face (about 20 cm away) so he could see it in his dazed state. The rat didn’t really freak out as much as a normal rat would in that situation.

I also tried to catch the other rat, which was hiding under a closet, behind a boot.
As I tried to move the boot so I could grab the rat, the boot moved and it turned out it was my dad’s boot and my dad was in it.
So, suddenly my dad appeared and we got to talking. Apparently he had kept a nested log of sorts with 129 pages, each of the entries being something he typed with the intention of having available to copy/paste later. Notable entries were ASCII art of bunnies (with several versions), some names of christian songs and links to church recordings.

In that abandoned building we (me and a friend I think) were later messing around with two extension cords which were for whatever reason also leaking natural gas near the plug where they connected. When we plugged them in, there would be a spark and fire by the connector. This fire didn’t damage the cords or plugs, but we did have to be careful to not damage the building.

you ever have one of those dreams that lasted a super long time and had so much stuff happen in it that you actually get used to this dream world and feel like it’s real? it’s not vivid or realistic or even makes sense, it just goes on so long you get attached to it. like, more so than a normal dream attachment.

I had one of those, but I barely remember any of it. I think at one point we were trying to play among us but in board game form and we were quickly realizing that the setup was straight-up impossible to work out, and somehow that transitioned into us flying our own individual ships through actual outer space but we still convinced ourselves this was at least tangentially related to the game? I haven’t even played among us! there was this doctor role whose job it was to wander around healing wounded crew members, but any imposters that got wounded would be exposed as imposters because their insides weren’t normal and I remember being super paranoid about getting hurt because I had literally no clue whether or not I was human. oh also no one was wearing space suits so whatever it was we were doing it definitely wasn’t actually called among us.

I know the whole thing wasn’t about among us, but I don’t remember much else. I just know that it went on for an extremely long time and I thought that in itself was sort of interesting.

I’ve had a few dream settings that spanned several nights throughout several months, with daytime me not consciously knowing about those dream worlds beyond the few moments after waking up. Those ones did sometimes have enough history to feel like a world of their own. Eventually I got so hyped about having had these dreams that they did more or less stick in my memory, but then I usually didn’t get the dream again anymore.

My most prominent case of recurring dreams was a dream that I had as a tiny kid (I assume ~age 4-7), where I revisited the setting when I was ~15. That was one heck of a nostalgia trip. In that case the dream was fairly uninteresting story-wise and the setting very limited, but seeing it again after so many years got me pretty emotional.

I had a dream that i was with a few of my friends on this high-tech building that was floating on water, and though it was only one story, it was still really big. It was filled with rows of offices, all empty. There were no lights in the entire building. There were two owners of it, each owned a different half of it. One of them was named Shemsbok, the other was Gemsbok, with a hard g, but they looked nothing like the oryx 3 miniboss. Shemsbok was a librarian,(it was a book company), and he looked exactly alike avatar roku from ATLA. Gemsbok looked like the genie from the new live action Aladdin movie (will Smith) but he was wearing golden clothes. He was in charge of the finances. Upon seeing us, they left the building to us and left. We had an epic game of hide and seek, in which the floor stopped being floating on water and turned into lots of little stones that I buried myself into and won hide and seek. Then I woke up

Honestly, yes; last night and early this morning I do recall having a long dream with lots of stuff…but by now I’ve forgotten virtuallly all of it /n
I do know that I tried to keep going with it when I was rudely awoken.

Relatable

So I had a dream last night, I’ve had a lot more since I started taking sleep medicine as I am actually consistently reaching REM now.

Essentially I started in a chair in the center of the room, and the room was full of music boxes, near me was a guy who had hung himself and was still on a noose, but he was ok, his name was Frank. The music boxes would randomly start playing music box versions of songs I knew but then one would stop suddenly and another would start on a different song. After about 5-10 minutes of listening to them, I stood up, told Frank I’d see him later (he waved bye) and then left the room. Now I’m underwater in a glass scorpion, big glass scorpion building at the bottom of a very large swimming pool, and I can still hear the music boxes. I climbed all the way into the scorpions tail, and there was one of those break glass in case of emergency boxes, and it held a hammer inside. I reached through the glass into the box to grab the hammer, pulled it out without damaging the glass, and then promptly used it to break the emergency glass and put the hammer back inside. I sat down and stared at the hammer for 2-3 minutes and then woke up

Me and my family live in another place, surrounded by a jungle-forest kinda area. The sun is setting. In the few acres of land, we had a tree farm with well-spaces fruit/nut-bearing trees. I recall there being many banana trees. I found a bunch of seeds and decided to plant them on the empty space off to the side. It seems like a few days have passed and the trees grew into these massive, twining-branch trees, all bendy and spreading out in a random pattern, you can’t quite give it a shape, not even tree-shaped fits the description, and the leaves were scarce. There were three of them that sprouted. One bore bananas for sure. Each tree grew a different fruit despite looking like the same type of tree.

So I was flying this plane in the sky with a guy who looked around like mid-40s, he was in the left seat in the cockpit and I was in the right seat. We were just flying about in the sky when we took the plane low to the ground and it transformed into a car and we were driving on the road. There were two steering wheels in the car, one on the passenger and one on the driver side, so both could move the car a bit but if you wanted a sharp turn you had to move both of them. We were driving around this loop in what seemed like California or Florida, some place right next to a large body of water, with lots of sandy beaches. The loop we were driving on was on a small hill right on the beach, so you had a nice view of the ocean. Then the car disappeared and me and the guy were just running along, but we were holding these weird rubber blue balls that were pretty big. Also now there were a bunch of teenagers following us, but not like in a creepy way, we somehow knew them. Then I dropped my big rubber ball and it rolled all the way down the beach and into the water. It was really rough out in the water too, but it wasn’t a storm really, it was a perfectly sunny day other than that. So we all charged into the water to retrieve the ball, and we did. Then the scene changed, and I was in a different body of water, hanging on to a small dock, where there was a small puppy that a kid was trading me for candy. The boy said, “This is a nice puppy, so you better be giving me some Reese’s pieces for it.” I said, “Ok sure.” And I got the puppy. That’s all I remember folks

A super short dream from a while ago but…

I was in a particular realm, a Hermit popped up in the quest , other 84 players were rushing and TPing to it. I managed get there too. A while later after taking down the tentacles, Herm ascends but the group are sapping its HP so fast that the entire realm froze without Herm dead (and I woke up).

Might be a little TMI but here goes.

I was hanging out with three (or four?) other peeps at a mall. These two girls that were part of the group had some drama going on while the boys were chilling. Later while we were talking/eating at a table, this dude mentioned that I get a game, and when I said that I couldn’t get it and then he went on a rant about how I could just get my parents to buy it, etc etc, basically things a spoiled child would say, and when I said how my family’s in literal poverty, he just smiled all pretentious and like (that look they give when someone thinks you’re talking bull, which really sucks when you’re being completely truthful), so I went lucid and touched his hand, forcing all my worst memories in chronological order into him as visions of all of them rushed past my eyes. I slowly watched his face turn from a smug, almost extreme grin fade and into a look of shock, despair, and devastation, all pale as a tear fell from his cheek. I decided to leave after that. Did not expect that turn of events.