What do people think of weekly events

I’ve heard a lot of complaints about weekly events. I have an idea, but first I want to see what most people actually think.

• Weekly events are bad
  • Weekly events are good
  • I don’t give a rat’s ass

0 voters

They aren’t fun at all!

They feel like a chore. You gotta do them otherwise you lose out on the value they offer. They inflate the economy for their respective dungeon’s pot drops and they are generally just a bad idea.

Doocah knows they work because people do not want to be left out of getting that Leaf Bow or Biotic Ripper so people will do them regardless of how boring or how big of a time sink it is to farm dungeon after dungeon after dungeon.

It doesn’t even make sense, Doocah knows that the big raiding servers are very bad for their key sales, so why do they keep making events that the raiding servers thrive off of?

Does anyone really grind them for the experience itself and not for the loot?

I like rushing dungeons with my trix, and wlab + cdepths offer a challenge. So yes!

I think events on weekends are a good way of giving players something to do while DECA works on the Unity port.

They are also very popular, just see how busy popping servers are – also I don’t know if it is my impression or what, but the realm white+yellow to blue-to-orange star ratio seems to change dramatically when an event is on, so it seems to me the more experienced players see events as an opportunity and want to participate.

Also DECA makes some good money form selling keys. I know because I buy them.

This doesn’t mean that events are perfect: waiting in nexus for keys is boring. My personal solution was to buy my own keys, that led to join EDZ that led to… chaining the same dungeon over and over and feeling it was a chore. It’s also a super effective way to get something you really want, so one needs to find a balance and just leave/ go back to realming when it’s not fun any more. This is important personal development IRL too.

There have been a number of discussions on this already, but what I’d like to see when there isn’t something else going on (MOTMG, winter holidays,…) is

• 1 event/ month with good drop rates, FP, BP, loot drop, level pots, skins, pots, and keys sold in mystery boxes (OT, para, cdepht, tomb, wlab, ddocks, davy, nest, shatts, LOD- hard only, court dungeons, LH, EDIT: MT). Ideally 2 dungeons at a time, so I can skip nest, LH and thicket.
  • 1 event/ month about realm closing (troll-proof chest at Oryx, possibly with reskinned tops similar to the sun set, pet skins, consumables similar to the winter ones)
  • 1 event/ month about growing pets, involving FP items in a few godlands dungeons. Pets are unfair and the only way to fix the issue is to help people with bad pets (the 5/5 event was a bit like this)
  • 1 event/ month about playing in realm, like gods dropping extra loot (pet skins? more frequent pots?), or even enhanced chances to get event whites (this maybe 3 times/year), or maybe more daily quests available.

I hope this wasn’t too long.

When I was a new player doing wlabs and davies in the event was useful. I guess after a few months of playing not so much

I don’t really bother with them much either way, but I definitely can’t complain about stuff actually happening. It frustrates me to see people criticizing chest events by saying it forces them to do only those events, when that’s just completely ridiculous. Deca has been pretty damn greedy with a lot of their events, mystery boxes, and just general business practices, but if they’re still putting out good updates and releasing content, then I can happily forgive the greed even if it does annoy me.

We’re not that far removed from the Kabam era, and anyone with any sense should be thanking their lucky stars that the game’s even alive, let alone having a developer that puts out updates on a regular basis. Let’s not forget our history and get too comfortable with all the support the game has now, because that can disappear in an instant.

I don’t really mind, it gives the players something to do while DECA works on Unity.

On the other hand, where can I find these keys being popped?

Ussouth

My account gets bloated with too many whitebags from the same dungeons that I don’t need.

I trashed a bunch of leaf bows yesterday. Didn’t need them. Wasn’t worth the fp.

I dont get whites in any event i do i have 9 8/8’s and im poor in uts i need the weekly events lel

does anyone play the game for the experience?

So, looking at the worst case, you’re saying the current status isn’t so bad? Well, first consider that right now, rather then events, the game isn’t being developed much. Note: I’m not saying that this is a bad thing. I understand that DECA needs something to keep us bust while it works on Unity. HOWEVER, I suffer from event chests, but not in the way other people mention. Most realms are relatively empty now because so many people are running events and only events. Realms take forever to close as I tediously solo event after event. I simply stopped playing, only showing up for small guild runs or to run a hall when I have nothing else to do

The original thing they did with the chests, requiring the dungeon to be cleared, at least encouraged participants to do something instead of:
standing in nexus waiting for an opener,
standing in the first room waiting for a rusher,
standing at the chest waiting for its immunity to expire.

IMO its this that makes most of the events so brain-numbing, that unless you are the rusher you are literally better off doing nothing and not even moving, just TP to the boss, roll the RNG for loot, same on chest, repeat.

Weekly events are pretty shit. They feel more like an obligation so you don’t miss on anything than a real event. Parasites, for example, you lost A LOT of fame by not doing it. They are ruining the economy, as seen by having 3 back to back events in dungeons that drop mana, making it worthless. Honestly, I can see why they would invest in this and not big events as they are working on Unity. It’s nice to see these and realize that they haven’t gave up on the game like Kabam, but still. I don’t like them.

I agree that clearing events are more fun but I don’t remember them working much better.

I tried organizing small UDLs at the time when there was no HP scaling (so in a group with 5 warriors you could just miss the boss) and maybe 3 people were interested of the whole mob sitting in USE2.

Also see:

Parasites are the best dungeon to clear for fame, pots, and safety, but it just doesn’t happen, someone rushes and everybody else TPs to boss room, and you get a nice surprise from behind when a maw gets dragged in. Clearing doesn’t even take long if the whole group plays.

I ended up deciding to nexus/ breaking the chain so often is not even funny.

The game is getting updated really frequently man, I don’t know what you’re talking about. Obviously they can’t just push out updates weekly, but they’re putting out good, quality updates at a very good pace.

I stopped playing out of boredom too, but I wouldn’t dare make the argument that Deca isn’t doing a good job with their updates, even if I don’t agree with a lot of their obviously super greedy decisions.

tbh i dont really care. at least it gives me a reason to farm a certain dungeon. also, i dont really care about the economy at this point, i farm my own pots so prices arent really a big deal to me. even though people dont really like the events, they still do them, which probably means it is sort of a success