What do people think of weekly events

Event chest is good but

Bring back clearing dungeon with chest have a better drop rate

The beauty of this game is that, when left alone long enough, the economy will always recover. People get overconfident with their easily acquired 8/8s, decide that they’re pros and then find themselves greeted with a death screen. This causes them to buy more pots from circulation, and the price slowly rises. The issue is when we get a string of events that all drop the same pot(s), and the price isn’t allowed to increase again. Once this chain stops (hopefully soon), the prices should return to normal.

I have no real issues with the events, I think Deca has done a pretty good job keeping the game alive. They make money, the updates are frequent enough and there are no real glaring/ugly issues.

I spend some time running a bunch of events then go back to regular realm play when the events become boring. Repeat this cycle a few times on the weekend when I have time.

People always complain about the economy. I have seen large swings during the almost 7 years I have played. It almost always bounces back a couple of weeks after an event. The WC tops prices are still messed up from Christmas but I don’t really care if they ever recover. It gives all players good equipment at cheap prices.

As for pots I still sell the following on Realmeye trading or USWest2.
8 WIS : 1 LIFE
8 ATT : 1 LIFE
8 VIT : 1 LIFE
8 DEX : 1 LIFE
8 SPD : 1 LIFE - SPD is always slow to sell. I usually just sell it slowly on realmeye.
6 DEF : 1 LIFE
4 MANA : 1 LIFE - Mule it if you don’t like the price. I expect settle out to be 3:1.

I see some people trying to sell many of the rainbows for 7:1 or even 4:1 (DEF) but I really just want to get rid of the pots. Selling is boring for me, free up the space and get back to playing.

While I would like to agree to that, I find it hard to believe that T11 swords can be worth 1-2 mana again…

Omg, you’re playing! If only we can drop these on the ground… it would be satisfynig knowing that the stuff we had found a new home, and we can resume our game loop quicker!

I do miss that. I tend to leave pots and decent items in their bags because we can’t drop on the ground anymore.

That is a good point. When a new tier of items are added into the game, the ones below them do tend to get displaced and are reduced in price (see basically all of the WC and old tops for example).

Yeah, unless something really crazy happens overnight, T11 swords aren’t coming back.

Well… people still demand a higher price for Acclaim, so if you just want [a sword] and only have 2 mana, you are likely stuck with Skysplitter being the best you can get.

Though you could probably pick it up for 1x any-pot, so 2 mana would be “overpay”… unless the seller already has mana falling out of their eyeballs due to the events etc and views it as worthless… though they’re selling Skysplitter so probs not gonna be the case.

So T11 swords are possibly the exception to this, melees being so popular, and the price differential up to Acclaim still being there.

mana’s definitely worthless atm. People give it away for free.

Honestly, events are like drugs compared to normal realming being like food. Events have too much anticipation of reward too quickly and leave me feeling empty and sick after participating for a while. They create an addiction where after a while it isn’t fun but you keep participating so as not to lose out on that extra chance of UT or things you can’t normally get for free.

I think they would be much better if the player limits for dungeons were lowered/restored to what they used to be. There would be less lag, less leaching, and less steamrolling of the bosses, and for Deca more key sales. (I know Deca makes money from key sales and they probably depend on these events for that. So why have they raised the player caps on dungeons?) While it is possible to overfill dungeon if everyone enters right away, the limits would still be a step the right direction.

They are good, people complain when there isn’t anything to do, then they complain when there is something. Just enjoy the good and the events are an overall win for all not just gaining loot but also in terms of fame and dungeon experience. Sure there is lots of lag and people go haywire with their 8/8’s only to get popped easily left and right but still, it gives people to look forward to something while they work on the awaited unity client. Plus deca makes lots of money in the process so win-win for all. Hopefully these types of events continue often in future.

its bad

Since when did people complain when there was nothing to do. People did complain in the Kabam era but that was because the game wasn’t getting any updates. As a further note, when are they turning Oryx’s castle back to normal?

:snowflake: Last year it was 29th March: :snowflake:

:snowflake: & in 2016-17 it was 23rd March: :snowflake:

So a little while yet, based on past form.

why does it take so long?

For that answer you would need to try:

Yeah. I know but like… Although it’s technically winter, It isn’t really. You know what I mean? (wouldn’t be suprised if answer is no) Plus, why keep the events after primidal ice dissapeared

whats a weekly event?

You do realise winter is not just Christmas, right?
The castle is still frostbound because it’s winter, even though Oryxmas has long since passed.

Back on topic: The events are certainly a good addition, but chest events tend to really destabilise the economy. Having a chest event once a month would be enough.

The new bag quest event is a great addition though. It has a lot more variety, with 7 dungeons instead of 1 or 2, and isn’t significant enough to topple the economy, nor make people sit in the nexus for hours waiting for pops.
Gods dropping skins are always welcome too, regardless of whether they drop player skins, or pet skins.
I like @Kittie’s suggestions a lot aswell.

Why primidal ice just christmas related?

it’s not its just that it was a Christmas event