What do people think of weekly events

Because having an event that lasted for four straight months might get repetitive.

Sir leaf bow has a dps similar to the void bow and normal range why would you trash them?

he has too many
the event was handing them out :confused:

There was no loss of fame, but rather a lack of gaining additional fame, to be exact.

But to be fair, the goodie bag events added a new twist which I think was nice. As one who likes to solo all things, it made for an interesting weekend. I cannot say I was happy with any of the loot I obtained from a goodie bag itself; I did get a few good whites in the dungeons I was running for said bag.

Oh, didn’t know this was a thing/ Cool

things that smart people participate in.

The issue I have with events (and, as much as it saddens me to walk away, this most recent Nest event + MCH discord has opened my eyes to), the problem is two-fold:

The first, and more immediate issue, is that running anywhere from hundreds to even thousands of keys, in the right group, means that no one wants to skip this event for the impending fear of missing out. Why do this dungeon normally when you can avoid any risk at all and, ya know, leech everything? Why shoot anything besides boss and just… rush with the group? regardless of whether you got the loot you wanted (or even some spares) or not, it becomes yet another chore. When did we put “grind event chests” on our to-do list? When did we lose sight of what made us originally fall in love with this game? When did we start “flexing” on others, because we realized we were no longer having fun?

The second, (much) less obvious problem, is that DECA has to balance for these hordes of players running hundreds or thousands of keys… somehow. This might be mere conjecture on my part, but has anyone tried to actually get tshot, texcacoatl’s tail (armor-piercing staff), or anything else from the CoO dungeons outside of an event? aside from the extreme outliers (First white in under a dozen tries, etc. etc.), it’s incredibly ridiculous to so much as think about looting these outside of an event chest. Whether it’s the click-bait “Insanely lucky PPE” youtube vid or simply popping keys, people will be waiting for those specific weekends to do anything concerning that dungeon, not only because the chances are low, but even if you did want to really grind these dungeons outside of an event chest… who are you going to do it with? Everyone’s waiting for the weekend event and even if you do succeed in your quest in a modest amount of time (which is probably a winning lotto ticket in and of itself), you probably did it both slower, and in far less quantities of whatever you were looking for than whoever ran that event weekend. Taken to the logical extremes, and… I just don’t see myself having any fun whatsoever. Go play Fortnite, PUBG or whatever else you want to that your buddies make fun of you for. Really. I promise grinding anything, including halls, with no real endgoal in sight, is a soul-crushing experience.

Honestly, I think it’d be great if they could like, give the chest w/o clearing to “”“natural”"" dungeons (those dropped from their event god, CoO and gland counterparts), maybe add the two keys to it, and make people do something related to clearing for those popped from keys, whether that be clear x% of enemies, or tag two or three enemies that don’t respawn (in the case of snake pits, davys and Nests, etc. E.G. a few specific beehemoths or a colony, doesn’t matter), or perhaps make it a full clear, as long as it’s not a fucking UDL. As sprawling as Abysses are, at least the enemies will come to you. Yeah, MotMG whites and some other shit, including keys, is a decent way to get people to actually clear realms, but it’s still a massive net negative for event god dungeons (less they change something drastic, or make it like… 1-3 event gods per realm for the duration of an event), compared to just… spamming the everloving fuck out of keys. I’m honestly not sure if there will ever be a way to keep people from just… only running keys, unless it’s immediately obvious that running realms is more profitable, but… yeah.

TL;DR

Events for dungeons that people want to run apply enough pressure to keep people from doing most anything pretty much not immediately important, because they’re too busy running these keys on the fear of missing out, and if you don’t want to run these keys to get the whites, even w/ modest success, you’re still gonna be far slower than anyone who ran the event and probably has spares, because deca has to plan the shitty droprates w/ the normal dungeon to accomodate the massive amount of keys popped times the massive amount of players running those keys (on average anywhere between 40 to 100), and you’ll have no one to run a normal dungeon with.

This thread could be a book

seeing as I’m looking at this as my Epitaph/Eulogy (yes I know those are two different things, and one is far shorter than the other) to RotMG, I suppose it is. Bring back the realms, permanently.

I’m actually enjoying doing nests, to be honest.
This because it’s a little bit more of a challenging dungeon (at least for me) and I learnt how to do them now properly.

Yeah. The events are entertaining. At first…

*cough* Not releasing the Beework along with this event *cough*

do you want a hankerchief?

I want the Beework
I’m desperate for some good content :c

honestly the nest rework would probably make the nest even easier to steamroll since one of the big things that needs to go is super long invulnerability periods all over the place.

I’m just saying.
And that’s just excluding the scaling on the Soldier Bees, that do still have some invuln./invinc. times.

On top of that, I’ll gladly take slightly-easier-steamrolling over barely beeing able to do the dungeon publicly.

the boss isn’t the problem, it’s the stupid big bees in the dungeon itself.

honestly the boss is fine, even without a rework. there are a few things I’d like tweaked a bit but it works as-is imo.

Personally, I’d like to see the removal of the Killer Honey’s ‘flowing’ animation. A bit of a strech, yes. but the animation makes the Nest literally unplayable on Kongregate. I get dced in the spawn room after standing there for 10 seconds.

do you also struggle maintaining a connection sitting on the beach? I seriously doubt it’s the ground animation that’s the problem.

I can believe you may have issues with the nest though, it’s an absolute disaster behind the scenes.

No, I do not. I have noticed, however that both OT and the Reef have a slight ‘flowing’ animation throughout the entire dungeon to simulate being underwater. I always DC in these dungeons, as well as in the Nest, which has a similar flowing animation throughout. Therefore, I assumed its the flowing animation as i have no problems in any other dungeon in the game.