What do you guys think about Discords servers? ( Poll )

I’m all for guild discords, but on the note of dungeon running discords (such as Pub Halls, Woland, Cults Only, Shatts…), they just shouldn’t have been allowed to exist honestly, but at this point, breaking them up would just cause total chaos.

Counterpoint: there’s absolutely no sense of achievement in getting these items on Testing.
In addition, we can’t just get skins instantly, which is what my primary “farms” are mostly about. I still want to experience the actual game, and therefore I don’t exclusively play on Testing.

In addition, obviously Testers should still play on prod to gather extra feedback from the actual players and to see how they fare in different scenarios.

Yeah, I heard about that, but that was a little before my time, I think.

Yes, but I think I slipped in with an organized guild. They didn’t look organized enough to be a full Discord run, and they weren’t rushing, but they looked like they knew what they were doing, and I just tried to help where I could. I took out a few of the shades and got plenty of sb damage into the boss, but I was frightened, because, yeah, no prior knowledge, and I intentionally don’t look at wikis before I’ve done a dungeon. :3

Good to know…? Hmmm…

Not what I meant.
Normal players would go A JUGG REEE, but aside from prestige and rarity, a large part of it is the gameplay. Having experienced it, you don’t go cool! How will this change my playstyle, it’s more wow I’m lucky!
If you want skins, good for you, but not many drop year round; you’d finish pretty soon.
Anyway, if you want me to explain my point in clearer terms, here it is: Testers don’t get as much of a rush out of whites because much of it’s percieved value, a different playstyle is gone because they’ve probably used it to… well test. Testers don’t care about loot so much as the dodging, and pew-pewing. Is that a bad thing? Certainly not, but it does lead to a disdain for discords where the majority of the focus is on the loot.

Sorry for formatting and typos ^^^

Discord servers make the game a lot easier. Now, whether that’s a good thing or not is up to you to decide. But with Discords, I often find myself forgoing enjoying the game to grind out runs continuously.

The thing is that the discords are not really the main problem, they’re just the consequence (?)

Personally, I dislike how overpowered dungeon keys are, because they break the game’s immersion completely. Instead of using the discords to farm within the game’s normal gameplay flow, we can just skip everything that comes before the content we want and jump straight into the same short-timed challenge over and over. Keys transform a long-planned progression of a fun game into a short-lived boring one.

A solution would be not having them. Or something.

It’s hard to change something so ingrained into the game (and culture I guess) like keys, but I do agree.

I 100% agree with this. Keys are the actual problem, but they are also probably a large part of the reason players spend money on the game.

I have a bit of an odd opinion. I used to play back when wildshadow owned the game up to a little bit after pets were added. One problem I had with the lack of pets was I used to be weak and unskilled. I played for over a year and was never able to max a stat. Eventually with pets I became strong and unskilled, and was able to experience new things like entire boss fights and dungeon rushing without nexusing, which allowed me to learn more and become more skilled. Recently I made an NPE and was able to solo/duo/trio tombs, because pets allowed me to survive and learn how to do a tomb so that I could eventually do one without pets.
Fast forward to now, I have a max legendary pet and am a member of most rotmg related discords. I think discords are useful in the same way as pets— they help teach you so that when you finally get tired of getting ordered around by a child who sometimes knows less about the game than you, you are able to perform the dungeon on your own or with your friends. I was able to learn the behaviors of LH enemies from discords so that I could apply my knowledge when soloing them on my npe.
Discords suck, and its one of the reasons I’ve started hating events and end game dungeons, but to be fair they have taught me a lot and given me the ability to do such things without a discord, and with my friends instead

Deca could sell their own RotMG merch. Who wouldn’t want a white bag plushie?

I think it’s more of a problem regarding not having any way to replace the revenue keys bring?
To sum my point of view, keys are basically RotMG against RotMG. You have content but you can pay to skip it.
Same thing with Deca selling UTs

Rotmg Merch ( Poll )

I’m actually really surprised they haven’t done that yet, but probably because it would be risky-ish?

Now would not be a great time to start production that’s for sure.

I made a forum for people that wanna talk about Rotmg Merch.
Rotmg Merch forum

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.