What do you guys work towards now? Been bored for a long time

I’ve been playing on/off for over 8 years on different accounts, since I was 10.

But now… I dunno. What do you guys work towards now? I remember when @Scorchmist left, and a ton of others, and felt terrible. I never understood.

But now… sitting on 10 8/8s, alts of DECAs and Pixies which have inflated in price so much, with most UTs gotten, I’m just… bored.

PPEs aren’t fun. Not with a 90/90 pet. NPEs are just PPEs but you have to take a 3 minute break every 20 seconds.

Only things that are hard are the endgame dungeons, but most of those get boring as hell after 10 runs. “Oh… another insta-shotgun.” Either you die in .1 seconds, or you easy dodge it. Not much of a skill ceiling.

The old flash client, while it was BAD, had a sort of… elegance in simplicity. Now, I hate the “fog of war” of the black tiles, and how different the game feels.

TLDR: Goals/ways to play the game when the economy is meaningless, and endgame dungeons are all just “insta-death or boring”?

The General Chat Thread v2

Take a break. That’s what I’m doing. After a little while you will either return to a fresh experience in the game or not have a need to return. Play some other games. If you like a certain calendar then of course you can log in daily, but just try to see how long you can go without the game, so that when/if you decide to come back it will be a fresh experience.

If you are finding endgame boring, especially if you are sitting on multiple 8/8s, I would encourage you to try rushing more and doing pub (unorganized) runs. Definitely gets my adrenaline going.

Fame and friends, probably. I’m trying to get 10k base fame on every class at the moment, and I’m just above halfway there. It’s not terribly difficult (if you don’t keep dying to stupid stuff on your samurais REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) but its just something that I want to do to become a more well-rounded player.

My guild and my friends are a massive part of it too, and at some points they’ve been the sole reason I play the game.

Oh yeah, and I still need to get into the nitty-gritty of learning O3.

You’re probably exaggerating a little to make a point, but doing an npe right now, the healing time is actually not that bad; I seldom ever back out of a fight, even in small public endgame, and if I’m escaping, it’s to nexus. As long as you prioritize not getting hit repeatedly in the thick of it, your healing is quite substantial, in my opinion!

Not that that was answering your question…

As far as relevancy to your plight, I would heed DeeBomb’s advice. Do other things, then come back when there’s been some major new content after a substantial amount of time, if the game is still in your interests.

Honestly, I’d say create a new account. I actually started feeling like this once I started getting tons of 8/8s through running nests and lost halls, so I created to account WarriorNAE. I don’t use it as often because 1. I already do tons of PPEs and NPEs on my main account now and 2. I think I’m back to enjoying the game as is through oryx 3!!!

why not work on exaltations or doing o3 clean? (low dmg)

it sounds like you’re getting burnt out tho maybe take a break

Judging by your realmeye you haven’t really done any exaltations or O3, how about giving those a shot?

Looking @ ur realmeye, you’re sitting on a crappy 0/4 necro. Probably 8/8, can’t tell. Also, it’s quite a bold statement, seeing as your entire rotmg career only netted you 11 8/8’s, judging from graveyard.

Most, not all.

Then either use a non 90/90 pet, or work towards a maxed divine.

That’s kind of true. If it were 2013. Did you ever finish an o3?

I don’t mean to call you out or anything, but you really do not strike me as an endgame player who has done “all that is possible”. For one, you’re an orange star, meaning that you have stars to grind for. Looking through your graveyard, no 3/4 or 4/4 chars, and also, you only died once since 2020, meaning that you haven’t played the game in a while. DECA sucks, but at the same time, DECA is not Kablam. We get more than one update every year. You also died to MBC on that one death this year. All in all, it’s very difficult for me to believe that you have done enough for this game to be boring. And if you complain about endgame dungeons “instantly killing”, then it is very clear to me that you still have a lot to learn about the art of dodging.

I agree with the other people. Also for the fog of war just play on minimum res and zoom in

You can try no-teleport maxing speedrun (I did it b4). And you can post them on YT, I might watch it. ;D

I think more to do could include exaltations, 17 8/8s, wipe current chars and get 17 PPE 8/8s, base fame goals, etc.

there does come a time where you just run out of short term goals to work towards, and the long term goals seem too far away to really care about.

take a step back and think about what the game means to you. i also don’t really want to work towards exaltations and grinding endgame dungeons, dealing with ego inflated discord servers get boring really fast.

over the course of half a decade iv made some lasting friends from realm, and now i play to have fun with those friends. we chat about stuff while doing guild dungeons and its chill.

i can understand your perspective, and its the point where you really need to change your mindset. move away from achieving goals and just focus on having fun. do some dumb stuff, produce some epic content in sitting on boss discord, interact with some other players, etc.

Join a guild, introduce friends into the game, watch RotMG content

and follow what BaconSM says.

you are not at a point where you should be bored in the game, and you have not “done everything” or everything is “getting boring or meaningless”.

While Bacon’s words are “harsh”, they are the most truthful and correct statements that will be said in this entire thread.

I am nowhere near getting bored and I am absolute steaming sewage waste at the game, but I can relate with having items or wealth, but that isn’t the deciding factor in the game. The point of the game is to have fun, and while collecting wealth can be fun, getting better and actually understand what is going on is also another part of it. You seem to not have the capacity, knowledge, or will to improve, or perhaps you don’t find it fun. If you don’t find improving fun, and you think you are a well-settled player, you can quit, take a break, or do research into what is actually endgame.

I have… a bit of issues with this. With opacity and visual cleanups, it is easier to see what is going on compared to flash, and when you understand the dungeons, watch guides, and listen to raid leaders in discords (or just solo the dungeons) endgame dungeons are fun and hard.

Saying things can insta-shotgun you? Absolutely false.
I don’t know what you are doing, whether you are sitting on Oryx the Exalted God, but if you keep your distance from bosses, dodge, and stay with the group you will be fine. (I assume you know how organized discords work, I can edit in a link with a discord which lists all the ROTMG dungeon raid discords).

You do not die in 0.1 seconds unless you are on a lvl 1 character doing Lost Halls, and if you dodge and analyze the bosses you can dodge the majority of their shots. The problem with this statement is that you have seem like you have an issue with dodging, saying that you either die or dodge and live. Like, no shit sherlock?? I don’t know how to approach this mindset which I cannot properly fathom. The fun is in dodging the shots and not getting your hp whittled away quickly (and NO, dodging is not 'easy").

Agreed. This is a statement I can stand by. I think the game has improved for the better though. RotMG will always be a cult classic in my eyes though, regardless of what medium or changes it has or goes through.

Bluenoser Guide: https://bluenosersguide.weebly.com/ Despite being a bit old, first starting in the Kabam days and having some outdated tips concerning dungeons, is still the number 1 guide and an amazing starting place.

Check out RotMG youtubers like Buickribox and GHZD as well, GHZD has some guides on older versions of endgame dungeons. There are also other RotMG youtubers, but you will have to search out for those.

just grind o3 till you want to die.

alternatively, learn to rush cults and shatters switches, that never really gets boring

oh fuck i did the bump oopsie

I guess you could say you’ve “beat the game.” That is, while Realm technically has no ending, a combination of changing economy and personal experience has made it so that you’ve achieved almost all of what the game has to offer.

I’ve recently thought to do PPE challenges like spell only, shield only

My current goal is to just 8/8 all classes and exalt ninja. Other than that, I don’t really have any others. You can try new things challenge yourself, like getting top damage in Oryx 3, solo an Oryx 3, etc.

I don’t know. Being more of a masochist with the way you play never seemed very fun, at least to me. There’s always been a fine line where if I need to set goals like that to have fun, I’d probably be better off playing something else. Playing without a pet is the most I limit myself to.

gotta step up the fun :sunglasses: