What do you think about an annual RotMG award ceremony?

Seeing as how Valve hosts the Steam Awards, why not start one for RotMG itself? It could include categories like “Most Professional Player” or “Friendliest Community Member”. Maybe we could get Deca to implement special trophies into the game for the top nominees and have players buy a free package or some shit to count a vote for a nominee.

What do you think

would be a nice event DECA could do!

too bad I wouldn’t get nominated for anything :c

I see a few people getting some much needed credit but 10 times the amount of sore losers who don’t get nominated for anything and quit

What if any of those guys is a reported hacker (quite a few people with very high fame did hacks/exploits)?

even if they gave a lot of awards, only ~1% of the active players would get them

Almost every player who would deserve a trophy isn’t known by the community.

It would just turn into a popularity contest between youtubers and active forumers/redditers. And it’s not like we have a ranking system based on skill for people to get known by (and arena doesn’t count for several reasons), all we have are fame farmer rankings lmao, and who cares about them

Who Do you Think is the Best RotMG Player?

took the words right out of my mouth. The sore losers would be much saltier than the winners, happy.

also this[quote=“Shu, post:5, topic:4171”]
It would just turn into a popularity contest between youtubers and active forumers/redditers. And it’s not like we have a ranking system based on skill for people to get known by (and arena doesn’t count for several reasons), all we have are fame farmer rankings lmao, and who cares about them
[/quote]

Agreed. There just isn’t a good system in place to have awards.

True, very true.

maybe i can get nominated for “best poll maker” ahahha.
unfortunately that’s not gonna be a thing :frowning:

the only thing that might work is some sort of badge that is automatically given and has some kind of prize.

maybe i can get nominated for most posts
maybe shatter can get nominated for mod
maybe piggby can get nominated for sprite maker
maybe puffagods can get nominated for tons of dungeons
maybe Xaklor can get nominated for roasting 90% of the ideas.

that woulde be an realmeye award, not an rotmg award.

Previously accused hackers and shit won’t be eligible for nominations

that would create a whole shit show, people would say they were falsely accused. Or how they stopped hacking now.

My decision on who is eligible will be based off of Traktions cheater list, a few Google searches, and trusted members of the community. Even if they stopped hacking, it’s still a bit of a risky bet

i remember for our christmas giveaway, we discussed about hackers, but decided to leave them out b/c of the shit show it would cause. As well as the massive amounts of work needed.

This is different. I don’t want to leave out hackers just because they are hackers. They have an unfair advantage over real players, usually making them poor players in reality.

ohhh. thats true.

But it think the idea as a whole is just flawed. Too much things that just wouldn’t work, previously stated above.

Fun fact, 98.785% of statistics are made up on the spot!

But yeah @Xaklor nailed it. This will just cause more problems and angry people who will spread their acrimony across the forums and reddit.

the irony there.