What does a star mean to you?

There are some weird phenomenons in the world though too.

A lot of phenomenons if that is your reasoning.

Usually marks experience.

At least no one with a good pet.

I don’t really think Stars are significant in terms of end-game, although it’s very easy to gauge the skill level of those blue Star and below. In terms of mid-Red star and higher, it becomes a completely different story, because you have no way to gauge the experience, honesty, personality, or opinions of a player, there is a point where it comes down to who fame farmed which characters when and where.

So, I mean, I guess you could judge people on stars, but I tend not to. Although I do tend to associate players with UT counts and dungeon experience, and invite people of higher stars because I know they can contribute more fame to the guild, I never use star counts to determine skill.
Because, like, there’s my account SupermanEH and then there’s a lot of Orange Star accounts that are a lot worse than mine… so…

But I have a trash pet, and I like necro.

The flaw with looking at only the star rank history is that you need graveyard data alongside it to give it meaning.

Example: someone who dies twice on the same day, both deaths on 600-700 base going over 2k total:
+4 stars
They make two new chars on classes they’ve never played, and takes each to 150 base (easy in just normal play):
+4 stars
= they’d have gained 8 stars on one day and could “look like a fametrainer”.

And the converse: someone hardcore fametrains all 14x chars from 801 to 1999 base, for a total of 16 772 fame from the train, but gains 0 stars.

Extremes on the bell curve. For the most part a star per hour or two seems to signify fame training.

I’ve noticed that no-one who fame-trained to a white star has posted this on here.

Most people are saying they fame-trained a little to get a few stars but for the most part it’s “legit” fame (if there is such a thing).

It seems a white (or yellow) star is more of an achievement (a personal achievement) to be proud of it’s it’s done the hard way…

Or you go to a fame train, 400 fame per hour. 5 hours = 5 stars. or you just do the 4 fame on every char and get to orange star in a day.

Ive played ROTMG since ShadowRealms (Or whatever the name was again) had the game. Ive had 3 different accounts excluding the accounts that my brother played with who found the game before me. Ive never been a red star to any of them but still Ive played so long, got so many whitebags. I just didnt care about fame and I achieved around 1000+ Fame on each class that I mainly played and ignored the others. On all accounts, I had 5 CQ on Rogue completed. I think I never played Paladin or Necromancer (At least not as a Main Class and got over CQ 2), so im still a Blue Star on all these accounts. (I mainly created another because one of them is a steam account and the 3rd, this one, was unnamed till they removed teleporting for unnamed players so I set a name)

Ive I wanted to get a white star, I could just actively play all classes or sit in fame trains but I just dont give a fuck. And then there are those guys whove played not even close as much rotmg as me and call me a noob cause they are red star and im blue star.

TL;DR:
There are noobs in every kind of star range. From light blue to white star, there are always noobs and pros. Ive met so many harrassing white stars, yet Ive also met so many awesome and helpful white stars. Then Ive met Light Blue stars with divine pets, and light blue stars who die from the scorpion at the beach. I respect every kind of player, you shouldnt be bias just because they got that certain kind of star.

Necro
Mystic
Priest
Sorc

(because I don’t play these classes)

The other classes I got 2k fame by just playing them. Another thing to note is that the “extremes” arent quite that extreme

Light blue: bot, smurf, or RWT guy. Literally got this today bc I had some decent items from way back when.
Blue: Decent at the game but is sometimes an asshole
Red: Pretty cool, though some scammers come from here
Orange: Arrogant and sometimes nice, have cool gear but sometimes scams too using their star
Yellow: Pros people look up to and sometimes fuck around
Whites: Either really cool or absolute assholes

waaa
im not arrogant

:thinking:

it’s sad to see how much light/dark blue stars are looked down upon in this game. i miss when everyone helped each other out and didn’t say something like “stfu blue star”. stars are just a sign of how long you’ve been playing (unless you’re a fame farmer), and new players are the reason RotMG is and is going to keep growing, so welcome them, don’t push them out just because you’ve been playing longer or have more experience. (or are a fame farmer) :slight_smile:

it seems like +50% of light blue and blue stars are hackers and bots. it would be nice if people were nicer to them, and it would be nice if they stopped hacking too

true, but most people just look down on them in general, even the ones actually playing and not just spamming. you never really know i guess

;-;

Players at all stages help players at all stages.

Players at all stages are dicks to players at all stages.

Nothing has changed

I dont really think it means anything.
There are people with Blue star that are as good as white (not really lol).
It just shows how much you have been playing.

Some people pick up on this game since they play bullet hells(at least I did), making them a bit more experienced in the field(may or may not be biased)