What does a star mean to you?

Lost Halls completed = times you went into the marble colossus realm portal
Voids completed = Times you went into the Void realm portal

Ah I see

Personally I wouldn’t find anyone who plays a certain few classes a pro.

For me, I only thought it would be a lucky charm for enjoying the game

Personally, since I’m a light blue star the star system is quite inconvenient to me. I’ve been dissed and put down plenty of times because I’m a light blue star. I know that I’m not better than them and probably won’t be for a while (gonna get my archer to 2000 fame first). Yes, I know there are a lot of people who ask for free stuff and are also light blue stars, same with all the scammers and P2W ppl. And then, there’s me. (I just like playing archer a lot)

Like this one scenario, I was in USW2 selling my Abyssal Armor off for a def and this orange star comes up to me. He requests a trade, and I accept. I notice that he only has a dex in his inventory. I immediately cancel the trade and he requests again. Thinking he may have had a backpack, I accept again. Still the same ol’ dex in his stuff. This time though, I listen to what he has to say. He’s begging for the Abyssal Armor, saying “Plz” over and over. I cancel again, and this time I don’t accept his next trade. He goes all bonkers on me, suddenly saying “You’re a light blue star and you don’t deserve that armor you will die with it” and “I’m an orange star you should give it to me it’s the only use you blue star will ever have in this world.”

Another time, I was in a Mad Lab, trying to max out my att. It was around a few minutes in, and we still hadn’t reached the boss yet because the people that were originally rushing had to nexus for unknown reasons. Me, still trying to clear out just the starting rooms, decides to go out and try to slowly rush/clear the rooms one by one to get to the boss. The other people, still in the starting room (leeching), tell me to “Hurry up blue star” “clear faster you noob blue star” “work faster for us I want to do Oryx” “do 2nd too while ur at it”. I say I need help to do that, and only 1 other person tps to me (good ol’ red star guy :smiley:) Another 2 minutes have passed, and now the leechers are getting impatient. They start leaving through the portal of cowardice saying “stupid blue star can’t even clear” “he doesn’t even have dbow of course he’s a blue star” “why hasn’t he given up yet there’s no way he can take the boss”

yeah just in your every day daily ho-hum starcism against blue stars
(yes stars suck but that doesn’t mean that they should be removed)

I think I know why you’re still stuck being light blue.

Also, regardless of stars, everyone fucking leeches in Mad Labs. Either people leech the whole way through or they rush 1st and then wait for somebody to clear all pillars for them.

Out of the thousands of Labs I’ve done, I don’t think I’ve seen even 10% of the other players so much as try to do anything other than wait for me to clean up the whole mess.

People talking shit in a video game=racism.

lol k

Light Blue/Blue Star: Stupidity
Red Star: Stupidity
Orange Star: Stupidity
Yellow Star: Stupidity
White Star: Stupidity

Fight back lol

@Stupidity is a yellow star stupid.

i meant that as a stereotype, that people are gullible/cocky./stupid at any point of the game.

I’ll just cut to the chase.

In the past, when the game was in its infant state, stars were truly the metric of skill.
Nowadays, it is:

1. A measure of how long a player has spent in the fame-train servers.
  2. A rule-of-thumb estimate of the probability a player uses cheats (most likely of which being red/orange/yellow, and growing in the past two years, white)
  3. Last but not least: a rule-of-thumb estimate of skill. Though it’s never as reliable as it used to be.

And i ment that as a joke

Except for the fact that stars didn’t exist back when the game was in its infant state.

Not to mention things like UDL infinite fame exploit, modding your stats with CheatEngine and even bona fide invincibility hacks, so even after stars were put in place they still weren’t all that relevant.

Or the fact that godlands have pretty much always been the best source of fame, meaning that even back then you’d get more stars out of staying in godlands 24/7 than out of trying to actually do harder dungeons and events.

Or fame bonuses always rewarding people for things they didn’t do rather than for what they actually did, which lead people to do as little as possible out of fear of losing their precious accuracy and god kill ratio bonuses.

Face it: the entire fame system, and quite a few other parts of the game, have always been broken. This situation has only become more and more obvious as the years went by with most core issues being left unaddressed, but it’s not as new as some people want to believe.

The worst thing about Kabam isn’t so much what they’ve done: it’s what they could’ve done and never did.

Alright

How do you make a rule of thumb for which stars cheat? I’ve seen cheaters at all star levels.

Fun Fact: Red stars are the most accused of hacking.

list goes to 12573

33% orange stars

(red is at 16%)

i was talking about in game

I checked because i believe orange gets accused the most, by far.

oh i see where you come from

ok that makes sense