What does "Account in Use" mean? What to do about it?

This was a problem I heard about alot from other people. “Account in use”. “Aw fuck, I got an account in use, I can’t make this run”.
Recently, I’ve been getting this a lot more than I have before. What happens is i’ll go through ANY loading screen (Nexus, dungeon, anything) and the game will take up to 2 minutes to load it. I will get through the loading screen but takes way too long for it to happen (I usually won’t get signed out).
Is there anything I can do about this?

possibly unrelated problem

Sometimes my HP bar doesn’t update properly when I take damage. I’ll eat a massive shotgun (and survive) but my HP bar takes a second to update. Any relationship/solution?

The account in use error, if I recall correctly, is when you do something that the game doesn’t like. Originally it was 10 minutes (hence infamously known as the “10 minute timeout”) which was set in place to combat duper attempts, and lock them out of their account for 10 minutes.

From what you’re describing (taking damage is delayed), you’re experiencing lag which is the reason the game will kick you out, which will sometimes result in the account in use error.

DECA doesn’t like people entering their portals?? :l
The two things that happen aren’t always inclusive. Sometimes I’ll take a load of damage and then get the DC, but sometimes I’ll just enter a realm and have to wait 50 seconds

Well what I meant would be dupers would try to dupe–for example an old dupe method involved intentionally causing an entire realm to crash, trade, server rollback so two accounts have the same item–and game would detect that and give a 10 minute. I might just so happen that with the lag, the game finds you suspicious. Kinda like how you used to get dc’d when you used your ability while stunned.

So the server thinks i’m trying to dupe when I connect to a server… so quality programming is the problem here?

I’m not entirely sure, because I have no idea how the game is coded and run xd. That’s just my two cents :stuck_out_tongue: someone else can correct me if they have a better explanation of it.

All I know is that “account in use” is supposed to prevent two instances of the game loading at the same time (i.e. two Derpypers load into the nexus at the same time). Sometimes I guess the game thinks you’re already loaded in, and so won’t allow you to connect.

The server doesn’t think you are trying to dupe; you just have lag, and server keeps trying to connect your previous connection to the realm/dungeon or whatever you were trying, and while your previous connection is hanging your “account is still in use”. The 10 min mark is just an automatic kick server has to reset those kind of problems and you can re-use your account.

The only way you can avoid those is to have better connection. If you use flash, then update your version.

Necromuch?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.