What Events Should Take Place Following MotMG?

I don’t think I’m shocking anyone when I say that motmg has been a grind fest. It featured a system where you needed 100 shards to get a ring or random weapon. Each weekend there was a chest event for an end game dungeon. Between the Lost Halls event and the Nest event, the economy has been ruined. The most valuable potion is now more common than speed potions. And after doing so many events, many players might not have much reason or will to go into any of the more difficult dungeons. So, I have a few ideas for upcoming weekend events in August and I’d like to hear some of yours.

1. Skin/Pet Skin events
    Some of the more easy dungeons (Pirate Cave, Forest Maze, Forbidden Jungle, Spider Den) do not have any loot that would make players seek them out. I suggest that for a weekend, they drop some themed skins and pet skins from either the boss or an event chest at a somewhat high rate so that players would have a reason to go back into the dungeons they used to run as newer players without having the need to sit on discord for hours at a time, steamrolling the boss until it is time to collect their loot. This will also give some time for the market to stagnate because there are no potions dropped from these dungeons.
  2. Godland dungeon clear events
    Clearing for an event chest is a thing of the past, but for players who appreciate the game for its artistic style, these events can be more fun. In my opinion, many of Wildshadow’s easier dungeons are a lot more fun and charming than DECA’s and Kabam’s. If a chest appears after, say, 85% of the enemies are cleared, it would allow for players to really appreciate the dungeon a lot more. This is a reasonable number because you will likely kill most enemies in the dungeon by taking the main path, but it still requires a bit more exploration. Of course with pets this would be easy, but maybe for the time DECA could add some pet stasis along with a very obvious warning message upon loading in. The rewards for this type of event could be reskins of untiered items, a few themed skins/pet skins, and maybe even a chance for O2 tops instead of O1 tops. This way it would help out newer players while still having a reward for older players. And again, it would not destroy the market as much as regular chest events because it would probably not be run by as many people

I understand that many people love for the grind fest of chest events, but you must admit MotMG has been quite grindy and has created inflation on a huge scale. My ideas promote stabilization of the market and a less grindy type of event, as well as something that will be appreciated by players who love RotMG for its unique style and players who are nostalgic of what realm was like a long time ago.
Id appreciate feedback on my ideas as well as ideas of your own for events that can follow up MotMG

MotMG 2019 Discussion Megathread

lol cool idea(s)

note the “(s)”

you’re not gonna fix steamrolling by switching out the killer bee queen for arachna and dreadstump, I’d really think that’d be obvious.

bringing back full clear or partial clear chests could be a good idea, it would slow down how quickly players could complete dungeons which would allow for higher chest drop rates and fewer boss pot drops.

Yes I think they should add back full clear too.

It was more because I don’t think nearly as many people would do it because there arent any “useful items.” Also I don’t think anyone would buy keys unless they REALLY want a skin, so there wouldn’t be 100+ people waiting around in nexus for someone to pop a dungeon

Literally everyone could just take a month off and call it “Not Month of the Mad God”.

If you get withdrawal symptoms during this sabbatical you could simulate MotMG by doing normal stuff over and over and over again.

For example, doing the washing up, drying up, and then putting it back in the sink and doing it 99 more times.

I would kinda like some casual event like the godlands dungeons event. Very relaxing and nothing that would rush you into doing them.

Add Bnexus except the B stands for Bert and in-game Guill vs. Evil Mystery Box Man manga

deca pls

Mt Event after plox.

Deca should take a break and do something other than chest events. No one enjoys them, they’re just grinding the same boring dungeon over and over again. I completed 381 nests during the nest event and the most fun I had during them was talking to my guildies in vc. Even deca themselves realise how bad chest events are, by changing their name to chest ‘‘challenges’’ rather than events. There is no challenge in a chest event, it’s just run, shoot, pick up loot, repeat. Even before Motmg it was like this every weekend and after it will be as well. Full clear does not fix anything as it is the same grind over and over and over again. The numbers show that people are not playing the game, we were at almost 9k quests 24h in and now we are at 11.2k 32hrs in. There shouldn’t be any more events for a while after Motmg unless they’re new and actually bring something into the game.

Then dont run them. :thinking:

Ya, just run around the realm and when someone pops an event dungeon, go clap the chest. Otherwise keep running around the realm until u get ur qot

Thats the point, what to do if not the chest event? There is nothing to do once you reach a certain point, it becomes halls, chest events rinse repeat with the odd event quest thrown in there, things like this is why realm is dying.

That is true lol

Lol

Here’s how we fix the economy:

Remove life pots and o2 tops from drop tables for two weeks.

Exactly!! I can’t fathom how much of a genius move that is. Let’s remove purpose of some of the most iconic and important dungeons of the game, such as o2 and tomb, for half a month. That’s not going to piss a lot of people off at all.

Actually nah. Let’s just delete trading.

rip 1/3 of the rotmg community

I’ve enjoyed clearing out events when Kabam was in control, as EVERYONE (well, mostly everyone) worked together as a team to clear out, such as a tomb of the ancients. It felt great.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.