What if there was a 9th stat?

Basically, I was wondering what the overall effect of a 9th (and even 10th) stat would have on the game itself
I know that a ninth stat is extremely unlikely just asking out of curiousity

Also this can be used as a place for random stat base ideas
(if it is a full idea then there is the ideas section)

The only stats I can think of that would even sort of make sense would be luck, stamina, and a stat for stamina regeneration. A luck stat would be completely pointless and likely impossible to implement with the game’s code in its current state. The other two would just be… Unecessary.

We don’t need any more stats, as of right now they would just complicate things unnecessarily.

New stat: lag
Guaranteed drop whenever you see an urgle on your screen

Special: Whenever you get a “lag potion” it automatically goes into your inventory and consumes itself.
When your “lag” stat gets high enough, your game exits permanently to the character screen, where you can not take damage. Now go get a real life

@EpicNecros

I mean there arent any other aspect of the game you could actually use as a stat besides the current 8.

There’s a reason why it’s something to avoid

If there were 9 stats, you could make 9/9’s

or 6/9’s

Mind = blown

The topic itself isn’t taboo. It’s fun to imagine. We just want to make people realize some ideas are extremely common and not at all unique, so they had better be darn good if you’re going to add another variant to the pile.

Cleaning up off-topic replies to hopefully get this going in the right direction again.

With RotMG being a very simplistic and combat-centric game, a lot of classic RPG stats (such as Charisma, Agility, Perception, …) would be impossible to implement here.

The only two options I could see would be Luck and Resistance to ailments, and there’s no way to balance those: they’ll either be broken as hell or completely useless.

Those would make the game barely playable. Imagine circling in Tomb and then having to nexus because you ran out of Stamina and ended up stuck right in front of Bes. Imagine running towards a Phoenix Lord on the other side of the map and having to stop every 10 seconds because your Stamina meter can’t keep up the whole time.

EVD
Evasion

Increase chance of evading the damage
1 stats = 1% chance
For leather armor class
50 EVD

1 pot would have to equal .10% for 50 to be at all reasonable. 50% chance to not take damage is OP, a 5% chance to take no damage would be much more reasonable, if not still a bit OP.

I was thinking that, instead just being a stat that would passively drain, stamina would only be reduced when pressing and holding a button, and would increase your effective speed stat by a set amount (less than the speedy buff would) while held.

I agreed, that would be stupid.

New Best Pet

Heal
MHeal
SHeal

hMMMMmmm
how about we have a REAL implementable for “luck”.
a higher luck stat increases your chance of not getting dc’d by “luck”. :^)

Ive actually talked with some other rotmg friends b4 about this topic and we came up with some stat ideas. Of course they are pretty broken but it was fun to imagine.

All of them would be a super rare drop from a difficult dung

Range pot:
can only drink up to 3 of them and 0.1 or 0.2 increase with each one.

Resist pot:
can drink up to 5, each on gives a 1% chance to negate the status effect of what ever hits you

Over-level pot:
can drink up to 3, increases all stats by the avg amount that class would gain if it were leveling.

These ideas were just for fun, they are pretty strong so they prob wont be implemented lol.

What about a luck or range stat?

Just to throw in my ideas for stat (randomly made up recently while playing for the fun of it)

Stealth- potion color would be white, for each stealth there is a 2% chance - an enemies detection stat that you won’t be noticed when you first see it on screen, an enemy gains a permanent 100% detection rate against you if you hit it (not counting non-bullet abilities) or upon getting SB on that enemy (so non detected Assassins cannot just battle without risk). So let’s say you are a archer, then you would have the average 25 stealth, and let’s say for some unknown reason you decide to use a greater ring of stealth, that is +5, and you see a beholder, it has a 15% detection stat, 25 + 5 - 15= a 15% chance of not being detected, every class maxes at 25 except Rogue Huntress and Assassin (35, 35, 45)

Either of them could be done simply:

Luck: base level 0 (all classes), max level 25 (all classes):
A multiplier to your drop rates, 25 being the equivalent of what we currently get with active loot pots (loot pots don’t stack, they would be changed into candy of extreme luck to instamax luck).

So if you have maxed luck it would be like running with loot pots constantly on.
(I really dislike variable luck as a concept though, and that goes for loot pots too)

Resistance: increases with levelling, base and max levels vary by class
Reduces the duration of negative effects by 1% per point (so 50% duration if you have 50Res).

This would also kinda work as a “vit mod” concept. You can’t avoid negative effects completely but you lessen them if you’re maxed.

Other ideas off the top of my head:

Some kind of stamina/endurance stat could be introduced,
It’s kinda weird that our character stats never degrade. It could be that the 9th stat covers rate of decay.

So this would introduce every char has RNG chance of each stat decreasing daily.
But the RNG chance decreases in line with your maxedness of stamina. Max it and you get the minimal decrease.

Stamina’s not the right word for this idea but nothing better is coming to mind.

Quickness could be a stat, governing how fast we can swap items.
A very low stat would give you a second delay perhaps, max it and you get the instant time like now.

I don’t think this would be a very exciting concept for current Rotmg, but if we had additional item slots (a 2nd ring, or option for 2nd weapon in place of ability), this stat could be hugely important.

Some sort of pet-related stat could be the 9th.
So you need to max this stat to receive your full pet power. Leaving it at 0 you’d perhaps only get 50% of its ability power, or the pet’s effective level is reduced by 50%, increasing by 2pp per stat until max at 25 grants 100% of your pet.

Some type of stat for how much you’re affected by tiles ie. lava, that new ice, or slow terrain.
Something that multiplies the effect or duration of consumables (this could also be a Vitmod concept).

There really are a lot of possibilities!