What is this wierd sb on chests?

I used to always get 0 from shatters, then one time i switched from a para hp to a para atk and got bracer. And yes, it was on a warrior with dblade.

Impossible, in a different shatters I used a ubatk and got crown.

That’s called coincidence

Random number generation granted you that bracer.

The 7(?) atk did not.

@Krathan

Sorry for the pm, just needing someone to verify that overdamage is not a thing

(Or underdamage for that matter)

Do not question the UBATK. it brings fortune wherever you take it.

Once you hit the damage threshold, which on chests is generally very very low, everything is up to RNG. Basically, unless you’re running with a group of about 200 people you’re unlikely to not hit SB damage.

Overdamaging is a myth and underdamaging is only a selective issue (definitely not relevant at chests) we’re currently working on weeding out, especially because of HP scaling.

ever heard of confirmation bias?

One time i used dblade on Limon and got an EP.

cue lucky kendo stick/fire dagger/whatever meme

Another time i used a fire sword and got 0.

" sb on chest is so low anyways "

deals over 5k, gets 0

U can quote people by highlighting their text and pressing the button above the text that says quote.

Btw, sorry to repeat so many people, but it’s just rng as to what you get and whether or not u get loot.

ik that alr lol, forgot to use it anyways

Chests are weird indeed. My 6/8 archer with spectral, frimarra, freezing quiv and arctic/dbow is pretty good at getting loot, as most classes with heavy-hitting projectiles and 75 att are. However, I have no idea when I started doing it, but a while ago I started using my Clover bow on chests and started consistently getting loot. I know there’s not, but I like to think that there’s a “sweet-spot” for chests and that the said “sweet-spot” consistently drops loot.

usually for me, sb drops better loot when i go in with bad characters…

tl;dr

tendency to erroneously consider the inevitable “streaks” or “clusters” arising in small samples from random distributions to be non-random

No overdamage. RNG is (pseudo) random. OP answered. Maybe start a new thread called “trivial examples of coincidental events thanks to random number generation”?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.