What to do when you find a hacker?

As the thread title says, what do I do when we find a hacker?

This kind person has provided the proof of hacking himself. So I thought I would do him the honour of helping him to a ban. However I do not quite know how I would report someone like this to Deca.
Could this kind forum help me out please?

Oh, & I don’t really know who updates it or how the realmeye hacker add-on works.
But it is a very handy tool & I believe this person should be put on that list.

The vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NchY3hP6Hy8

Typically, the way to go is to record them. even if you don’t have a studio grade recording software, Windows 10 and beyond have a built-in Xbox Game DVR and Mac users have access to Quicktime.
Make a support ticket to Deca after uploading the video to YouTube (public or link only, simply upload it because the video file is usually too bulky to simply attach) and they will let you know that they are handling it.

Hope this helps!

I am not really sure if someone recording himself hacking counts as evidence since there is no proof that the person actually is the owner of the youtube account and the footage isnt faked.
If you want to report them do it at deca support.

They’d have to be really stupid to actually post footage of them hacking.

There are some instances where they accidentally don’t crop screenshots correctly

1 example: someone posted in SBC a picture of them getting 10000 base fame, but forgot that their client displayed their HP bar directly underneath the fame bar instead of having a gap in between.

Another instance is someone saying something that incriminates (Edit: incriminates is strong… let’s say… outed) themselves, such as

There is no way to prove that he is the one actually saying it on discord, but everyone now knows he hacks and is now the meme when someone nexuses or dies.

If you wanted to report someone named xxxkallebeastxxx you would do
/t mreyeball tag cheater xxxkallebeastxxx
(in game)

I dunno how to actually view the tags, but it’s how you tag them

Listen: don’t be an asshole. If that’s how they want to play then let them do it. I have players I know that hax openly, but do I report them? I could, but I’m not a tattletale. Also, do not accuse ppl w/o evidence, you probably have evidence but I’ve been wrongly accused multiple times and it’s really upsetting.

He linked a youtube video?

Youtube video is not 100% evidence. Guy had a video of me apparently ignoring paralyze effects but it isn’t true. It was because of a second delay between what he sees and what I see. Also video was removed

Watching cheats ruin the game makes one much more of an asshole than being tattletale imo.

Did you just say ruin the game?

1. Without duping, UTs would have been tradable
  2. Hackers have made people unable to play as unnamed accounts as a whole because they multiboxed
  3. Deca has to waste time to make the playing field fair (Experimental options)
  4. RWT ruins Deca’s profits (again, Tradable UTs hindered)

record report and BBBBBBAAAAAANNN

That’s a stretch. Deca owns and operates the game so haxors should be their own problem to solve. They fixed multis so they can fix recon and no clip as well

Thanks to everyone who gave insightful answers. Sadly enough we were too late & the vid got taken down. Most likely thanks to me posting it here, I’ll be smarter next time. :slight_smile:

@Pleb
Two totally unrelated things in the sense of programming. Thus saying they could just as easily do that as well might be a very big stretch.
Hence, we haven’t seen any fixes for that yet.

Also about you saying let them play how they want it?
Obviously not!
They affect everyone if they play on the same servers! If they want to hack, they can do it for all I care but then they should start up their own fanservers and do it there. You DO NOT do things that are against the TOS (Realms law).
I also will not stand by when someone wants to mug someone else just because they like it. If it is against the law people should keep themselves to it.

It seems I shouldn’t have posted the evidence here though, seems they noticed it and deleted it quickly.

Also @Pleb I’m not for banning someone without unrefutable evidence & neither are game companies, so you shouldn’t worry about that. They guy of the vid made a vid of him using the client, so it was quite obvious.

“I not a tattletale so I’m not going to tell the police about this one bank robber I know, because its their problem.”

Don’t compare it to real life events. ITS A GAME

Decas income is very real.

What does that have anything to do with it

-Paying less for dyes, backpacks and pets (because the game is easier for them and they die less)
-the whole duping thing
-forcing Deca to add anti-hackmeasures and fix exploits where they could do more profitable things with that time
-worsening other players experience

@PLEBJESUS

Friend A: Oh, I know someone that’s exploiting money from a major video game company! (regardless of method)
Friend B: Thanks for covering my back friend! (Pays duped deca rings or IRL money)
Friend A: Yay! We’re both profiting and I’m not being a tattletale.
Developer (a real company): Oh great, now we have to put the new update on hold and release skins and hotfixes instead of real new content! We even have to result to UGC (many have complained about the LH, this is why…).

Deca is as real of a company as a bank, and your argument is invalid.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.