What to robe for wizard?

Just 8/8d wizard. Thinking of robe to use. i can use robe in conjunction with either expo, deck, or pyra (although expo is unlikely because I like more hp). I’ve mostly singled it down to mad lab robe, soulless, and shendyt. Thanks! Feel free to ask any questions as well

Soulless, because the extra defense will help the wizard greatly since the wizard has pretty much everything else (damage, range, speed, etc.)

Yes but my main problem with soulless is that, compared to shendyt, it gives 35 more hp but sacrifices 7 wis 7 vit and 35 mp. I really don’t think that’s a good trade off

Use the mad lab robe, it offers a decent boost to survivability without sacrificing any offensive stats like the souless robe does. I would recommend using it with a pyra to further boost offense with the 4 additional dex, and the 4 defense comes in handy as well.

Use Shendyt and Soulless for swapouts:

Need that extra spellbomb and HP in one?: Shendyt: +25 HP, +25 MP, +15 DEF, +7 VIT, +7 WIS
Want to have more HP to help you feel more secure?: Soulless: 60+ HP, and 15+ DEF

I leave out Mad Robe because the Shendyt practically gives the Mad Robe and more, just like the new Nest dagger, which is really a Bone dagger but more.

Shendyt + Bracer for max spell bombs, defense and offensive capability.

• Mad Robe Choose this robe for Offense, as it give +4 Att and +55 MP.

• Soulless Choose this robe for Defense as it gives +15 defense and +60 hp

• Shendyt This robe seems to be a nice mix of Hp and Mp. Though if you have a good pet, the wis and vit are a very insignificant difference.

Note I personally would not use shendyt on a wizard, but its all up to your personal playstyle.

Shendyt, wis is surprisingly useful. Also there is 25 mana.

The OP has a lvl 90 mheal pet, so wis is gonna be useless for him.

I like mad robe + pyra, just for as much DPS as possible. Considering my wizard has been alive for 2 years, I’m not too worried about survivability

well nevermind

I used a Mad Robe myself because of the extra vit bonus (and my lack of the other robes, heh).
Personally, I’d say using either the Soulless or aforementioned. The Shendyt, while also giving extra MP and a little bit of HP, doesn’t give any offensive boosts. The Soulless’ extra HP is worth somewhat more than the little MP and regenerative bonuses.
As for ring, I’m gonna say either expo or Pyra. (What is deck, even?) The former gives both HP and MP and a bit of def; said HP will give you a +120 boost with a Soulless. However, this comes, once again, at the lack of offensive boosts - not that you necessarily need those, but every little bit helps (;. Therefore, I’d say the following combinations would work effectively:
Soulless + Pyra
Mad Robe + Expo
If you ever get one: Water Robe + Expo or Nile; latter is riskier, as you will only have 41 def when maxed - not including the def buff from Pierce, if you’re using that.
The reasoning behind these choices is because I find that these provide a healthy balance of both HP and MP with a similar state of offensive and defensive stats.
Also, if you want to go full crazy, use a Sentient Staff with a Tablet of the King’s Avatar, a Chasuble of Holy Light, and a Ring of the Covetous Heart. See how that works, lmao.

Perfect set is Water robe + Bracer/Pyra, if you can manage to get all of the UTs.

I think water robe is the best. I really like the 6 att and 6 spd. But if u dont wanna farm for it, id just go shendyt. Mainly because it looks cooler (lol). Honestly when i need a robe for him i just go with what is cheaper on realmeye.

Yea, cosmic/sun staff, st spell, water robe and bracer/pyra would be my dream set.

@Cenamuch pretty much answered your question entirely.

With wizard being my most played class over 5+ years, I think I can say that ever since soulless was introduced, all other robes have become worthless. There’s no debate that soulless is the best robe on wizard.

The only two weaknesses wizard faces:
-high defense enemies (solution: ST spell, but that’s for another topic and time)
-Survivability.

The issue has never been wizard’s lack of dps. Wizard is known as a very powerful glass cannon that can rip through gods, enemies, and steamroll dungeons ever since its introduction (did you know that spells were once nerfed in early 2012?). Soulless doesn’t quite solve the problem of survivability, but it’s the best robe in those terms.

Taking a look at the other robes:

Mad robe/gsorc - 55mp and 4 atk. Atk is negligible since you already have 75 base atk, and mp is useless since pets are a thing, you can drink mp pots, and 55mp doesn’t even give you an extra spellbomb. You’d also probably already have sb by the time you regenerated 25mp to add on to the extra 55mp for a spellbomb. Again, damage isn’t what we want as a wizard. We have two weaknesses to focus on.

Shendyt - crappy version of soulless that’s only good on priest and sorc (wis modifiers). I guess if you have a really, really bad pet, the 7 vit and 7 wis is nice?

Water dragon robe - uh, this robe is situational. Ever since LOD whites were buffed, all of them went from “Useless” to “Situational” in my eyes. The robe offers the highest atk buff (+6) out of all the robes, and 6 spd which helps a slow class like wizard, all at the cost of any mp, and 3 whole def (compared to soulless), or 1 def (compared to mrobe/gsorc). We could argue mad robe/gsorc’s 55mp translates to more damage than 2 passive atk, but its niche is the +6 spd, which is good for rushing and dodging.

Summary: soulless best robe. If you don’t have st spell, get it you nub.

Pretty much said everything that I was too lazy to write down.

Very true, I’d go with water robe if you can stack attack equip though.
You can get a total of 90 attack with water robe, Bracer & ST spell which is awesome.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.