What Trading in Nexus W/out Realmeye Feels Like

(yes this was made with paint, because thats the quality bots deserve)

2 Defence for a Life pot? zzz

Aye bro I had it at 8 def for 1 life in the original comic like the goo’ol days, I’ve been playing this dumb game for over 9 years now. Today life is HELLA inflated. xD I went to realmeye and 2 for 1 is what it looks like now.

Deca please fix your life drops in dungeons, economy is busted

That might shift things a little, but the way I saw it, key events inflated normal pots right off the bat, then more endgame was introduced, and then people started running them more consistently and efficiently, and Discord servers aren’t the only ones to blame for that.

The fact of the matter is, I think that there’s enough players that run endgame over anything else that get life and mana hand over fist, and pay royalties to the others who would fetch them their rainbows so they don’t have to. I don’t think DECA can sway that without making life and mana droprates abysmally low, and then… is that actually a good thing at that point?

Oh, and, uh, I’ve been playing for 8 years, if that helps my case in the slightest. I remember some of the older market before it changed :cry:

For real, merching is just so so boring to me. I don’t want to waste time spamming a message in chat. If I need some rainbow pot I am willing to grossly overpay for it so I can be in and out asap. Buying wisdom 1:1 Gmana or 2:1 Glife is a great deal to me because I probably have 150 Glife sitting in my gift chest if I need it!

I really don’t want to say this (as I ranted several times before) but:

I personally don’t find relying on others for rainbows is a good move. Yes, there are rainbows in the market. But the keypoint is, someone has to farm them. You heard it, someone.

In worst case scenario, no one farm rainbows, cripples its supply line and overpaying frenzy goes into an incalculable level.

It’s mainly about endgame dungeons that pretty much rewrites (or rewritten) Realmers’ mind to do nothing but spam those dungeons 24/7. Hence, stripping off any possible motivation to be self-sustain themselves.

100% agreed

Exaltation pushed it to even more extreme degree

This is why we need an in-game marketplace. Instead of spamming a message in Nexus with a bunch of bots along with a bunch of other merchers or using an external website, you should be able to take your items, put them onto a sort of marketplace, and allow people to directly buy them according to your own price. It’d be faster, less cluttered, and less boring.

I know people have been suggesting a marketplace for years, but as a [somewhat] older player, I would legitimately miss that culture of the game getting replaced. Having a server and seeing people buzzing about, yelling trade offers like it’s some old world marketplace is kind of nostalgic.

Nostalgia aside, though, I might add that especially with the market being so limited and stagnant right now, comparing the prices of the people trading in the nexus compared to the patient ones on Realmeye provides a noticeable difference. I do think we’d see a hike in prices if everybody could suddenly put trades on the back-burner…

And then there’s the “micro-transactions.” I think that there’s a sensible use for those people in the nexus, rather than a marketplace. You don’t want to have your offer lost in a distant spot if you want it to go quickly. Real time, “face to face” trading also has value, because if bartering or asking questions is taking place, you have the full, direct attention of the buyer/seller, as opposed to how it is with a lot of Realmeye type trades, where they’re afk, off running endgame (usually in Discord runs where they have to focus), or they might not even be online!

There’s definitely use for the market, but I hope it never replaces the nexus trading, ever.

Trading was a core part of my gameplay when I actively played this game, because selling pots+items you don’t need makes progress faster. Now it’s either realmeye or wait in a queue of 50+ everytime I want to join the trading server…?

I also don’t understand why NO ONE goes to the second server when the first one is full. It used to happen this way before.

I don’t get it either. Up until recently, people were even trying to hybrid the popping and trading server into one, which was causing a lot of issues, as you can imagine, not to mention crazy queue times.

Maybe people are afraid of missing offers by being in one place and not the other? :thinking: I guess we could try to organize a group to attempt to kickstart the “second” trading server haha

Sorry i’m just now getting back to reading what you and XBookWyrmX were discussing

that seems like it could be a whole forum post of its own, bro. We really need a system in game that supports passive trading.

Oh, it has had its own categories, trust me. It’s been an idea since before the Realmeye forums were made, but I remember at least 7 instances of people suggesting the system here alone. I’m sure that if you went to the site’s search bar and looked up “marketplace,” you’ll find a few examples.

I was wondering why the trade prices were so weird these days! Thanks for enlightening me, didn’t expect that under a meme post. I stopped playing Realm pretty much right after the Exalt donation event, and just got back into it. Do you guys think a steady influx of rainbows might push the rates back to where they “should be”? If so, I’d say the healthiest thing for the market right now might be new players or returning old players who would still farm them.

I personally say yes but it’s really depends on the Realmers themselves. A steady influx of rainbows? Like how?

This too… except it won’t motivate any endgame players to farm their own rainbows, regardless what we do.

It depends on how consistently the rainbows come flowing in. I have noticed with this alien event, the rainbow pot prices have liquidized somewhat, because people are now getting them hand over fist.

However, there’s a couple of other factors to keep pushing the prices back away from this trend. First of all, Glife and GMana will forever be super commonplace with all of the endgame discords present. It isn’t that the rainbows became super valuable, it’s because Life and Mana tanked in price.

Second (though with less of an effect than the former), powercreep has ensured that getting rainbows themselves are easier to obtain for the average player, plus the greater abundance of new, easier dungeons and a spike in the existence of Trooms.

Third and finally, the loss of diversity in the market also fuels change. The fact that anything below WC tops virtually has no market value anymore is telling. It’s hard to have variable trades when everything on the market is either pots or rare items. It was worse before UTs were made tradeable again, but even so, those are still more commonly bought in Glife, not rainbows.

In conclusion, I think the only way to get back to a “normal” market is a (likely unhealthy) change to the flow of progression in the game. Back when the game was newer and life and mana were difficult to obtain, indeed, even rainbows could cost and arm and a leg to find for many, let alone lots of the tiered equipment, of course there was more of a market. There was more demand from the masses.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.