What was the most pain while you've played realm?

Ah I see

My most painful moment was either

1. When I lost my 7/8 knight to earthsmash

2. When I lost my 8/8 necro to pD boss

3. When I lost my 4/8 archer to ice sphere

It hurts so bad. Iā€™ve never been so sad. If I wouldnā€™t have typed one message before that I wouldā€™ve never died. The regret. Iā€™m so stupid.

Itā€™s pathetic that a game can do this to me

Cheap af

What the game did to you and me:

and then said

Creator 1: Lets make a perma death game!
Creator 2: Yeah! Lets increase the national suicide rate! /s

1. Yeah, complete permadeath may have been a mistake

2. It probably has. Not by an integer mark, but by a decimal amount.

Having this discussion really makes me realize how negatively this game has affected me, I spend less time with family, Iā€™m less social, it gets me distracted on what I actually need to do, and it causes mood swings and bad attitudes.

Time to get my damn priorities straight, fuck this game.

:+1:

Same here. Itā€™s like a parasite; it drains the body, soul and mind.

Deaths can be bad, specifically ones which arenā€™t directly your fault (AFK/Lag)

The worst thing I feel in realm is that iā€™ve made many close bonds with players and big guilds but nothing sticks, everyone that comes goes eventually and it just keeps on happening.

I have a special stickler for that.

Owls Talons, others, my friend, gone.

Bonds mostly formed through RoTMG. now gone.

O: I need to make this a thread

My greatest pain happened long ago, back in the January account migration of 2015.

I logged into steam, but realm for some reason said that my account wasnā€™t recognized. I restarted, and tried again. Didnā€™t work. At this point, I tried entering in a new password, and lo and behold, realm was up and running! But when I pressed play, my archer was gone.

Wait what!?
This canā€™t be happening!!!
My blood bow! My pet!

I went to bed that night pretty angry and depressed.

The next day migration worked like it should have though, and I felt a bit better. Since then, Iā€™ve had many painful deaths and events occur, but none matched the ā€œlossā€ of my account.

??

How realm has negatively affected you

Yeah 10/10 would recommend.

I leave this task to you.

First 6/8 knightā€¦died due to an oryx lag-band while in a parasite chambers. I spent literally 2 months worth of playtime maxing him, it was really my first character that I maxed with another, and it died after about 3 hours of playtime, maybe even less. I remember I shut my computer and audibly said ā€œyou have got to be kidding meā€ to my wall.

Fortunately, I left my Dblade and Ogmur in the vault since I knew death was a possibility (I usually use ranged characters) and still have them safe for the next knight I createā€¦which might be a while still.

A couple maxed characters, my first 7/8 knight, died to O2, took a break for a month. The next one I can remember is after my first 8/8 character, my paladin died while rushing a ddocks. That death was pathetic, and I also quit for a month.

When I was playing archer and I got my first ever white, and it was a dbow. (not pain, but as you said, a large and powerful emotion)

When I lost my first 7/8, 4 mana away from 8/8, because a noob I helped dragged in my back while I was fighting a boss.

When I got a white from permafrost, but I never got to know what it was because I got dcā€™ed at the exact moment I saw the white bag.

getting dcā€™d from an oreo, getting killed on my first two 7/8ā€™s and my first 8/8 in the span of about a week lol
that was really long time ago feelsredstarman

When I wanted to put in my Ice Bulwark in a vault chest but I actually dropped it in a bag instead.