What will be the snapping point for you guys to quit Realm

Tipping point for me is pretty much now.

I don’t think it’s anything that Deca has done or the way the game has evolved,I just think Realm doesn’t do it for me any more.

i’ve started playing minecraft over this game so… :grimacing:

i just don’t like it when you’re expected to play every day for several hours just to keep up with everything DECA throws into the game

a single player game is nice bc i can just log in for half an hour, do shit, and get off

How can you prefer single player minecraft over RotMG. I could understand multiplayer, there are lots of cool servers…

When you play MC over anything else, you know that “whatever else” is kinda garbage

just gonna say, this was a thing. these are business owners they dont just memorise the accounts, they have hundreds if not thousands upon thousands just saved up. !

it was there a few weeks ago when i decided to …uhm…do some research, the site owner probably has a list of some sort of what are people browsing, saw someone browsing uts section and decided to just hide it. it was $2 and something, just to put it into prespective.

bad choice in RWT site. (also you didn’t censor the website name in the tab)

where I got my info:

tf thats like realm wholesale…

censor pls

So what?

The economy is a complete joke right now with most items being worth either 1-2life or more life than can be fit into an inventory. 1/1000 droprates are complete nonsense and are a relic of the time when UTs were tradable. If players don’t want to trade for UTs, then don’t trade for them. Doesn’t affect people who don’t trade for them.

As for my snapping point, it’s when the majority of players view UT/ST items as something to flex with rather than play the game with. Sadly, that time might arrive soon if it hasn’t already.

The game wasn’t balanced to have everyone using incredibly powerful items like Jugg. If everyone had these (which they likely would thanks to duping), gameplay would change drastically for everyone, whether or not they actually possessed the item themselves.

In addition, a lot of items currently on the market would be eclipsed by the newly tradeable UTs, causing their prices to plunge and the economy to go from joke to laughing stock. Why buy hydra when you can get Nil or csilk? Who needs acclaim when you can buy a colossus? Our current economy in high-tiered items was greatly effected by the introduction of LH tops, but at least those are soulbound. If we let them become tradeable, they will make selling anything beneath them virtually impossible to sell (affecting those who don’t even want to buy the UTs) and further the power creep that already negatively affects newer players that have trouble even getting old tops.

EDIT: Okay, maybe this post wasn’t thought through so well. Never mind.

when I stop finding the game fun and I find a more fun game to replace it with. The only other game I have is smash bros brawl and there’s only so much entertainment value in one sitting whereas realm can be played for hours without getting boring.

Although if you consider a similar line of argument:

You can see that such concerns didn’t stop those being introduced, so game balance argument in itself isn’t valid as a main reason why something would or wouldn’t happen, the game is a servant to whatever the owners want to do with it, balance is a secondary thing done after to fit around the key design decisions.

The argument that tops would become worthless isn’t inevitable, because UTs natural situational aspect means they aren’t always the best item to use (apart from brokenly designed ones), so tops would always have some worth because they should be the generally all-around best item. Admittedly, bad design has meant that there are some UTs that are the best item. But rarity of drop prevents everyone from having one (in a non-duping Rotmg).

The economy serves the game and it’s backwards-way-around to make design decisions to try and preserve the economy as if that is the key part of Rotmg that decisions need to be fitted around. The game economy services whatever decisions are made, and adapts.

This is incorrect. Indroducing tradable ut’s will make tops less desirable, which means that they are cheaper and easier to buy, not harder.
New players do not have trouble getting old tops now. Heck, I see light blue stars running around with tops a lot, and I’ve donated tops to people that need them a lot recently.

Yeah, looking back on that post, there was a lot I hadn’t thought through so well.

UTs were primarily intended to be side-grades, though I would agree with you that certain items are too good in general situations to be thought of as such.

The situation of items beneath other items being impossible to sell already exists; I don’t know about you, but whenever I find old tops, I just leave them in the bag because it isn’t worth the time nor the vault space to try to sell tiered items that aren’t tops. I still think that the ratio of LH tops:WC tops is less than the ratio between WC tops:old tops, though I have no way of telling one way or the other.

To me, untiered items being untradable greatly limits the dungeons I want to run. Untiered items being tradable adds a potential of getting a ‘‘jackpot’’ every dungeon you run, so to speak. Every time I ran an UDL, I’d be thinking “I might drop an edictum, that would be a nice few life” whereas the real possibility is that the only ‘‘valuable’’ item I’m going to get from an UDL is a single potion of wisdom.

I would rather have an economy where we have three classes of items, those worth lots of decas, those worth 1ish deca, and those worth 1ish life than the current economy where we have two classes of items, deca or 1ish life. How much of WC tops’ devaluation is due to their ease of access through chest events, compared to the introduction of LH tops?

If we keep getting events every single week end

Hence,

I often struggle to put it into words without getting sidetracked by a lot of other things surrounding the issues of UT and unsb but that post crystallises it impressively well for me. :+1:

And it’s going that way the same even for a lot of the WC tops themselves, eg. the less desirable weapons & the armours, are usually <1 L, and some of the abilities are a tough sell if you haven’t got the time/patience.

There can be another tier to your description, at the bottom, the 1x “any pot” items that still sell easily+quickly, which at the moment is probably just a couple of the next tiers down, or maybe just the one previous tier.

Two things have made me drop my time in rotmg. Firstly, due to all the chest events, I have become bored of the dungeons I used to enjoy doing. I believe deca is trying too hard to get younger/newer players hooked to the elite gear of the game. Older players have been farming for some UTs for years, only to see them now drop in random chest events. SPOILER: the amount of items in rotmg is not big enough to sustain DECA’s ideas. They focus on short term gains (not very different from kabam, though DECA seems to understand player addiction better).

Leading to the second reason, [another game] similar to RotMG, but with faster playstyle, much more content and a multitude of items.

[mod edit: Official game only, please. Naming is tantamount to advertising. Don’t do it. -Doc]

Doc is getting stylish now