What would you think of a boss-oriented end-game dungeon?

What I mean by the title above is a very large dungeon that has many boss fights ranging in difficulty that has UT drops for all bosses. Something that’s very difficult in a way that requires strategy as well as reflexes, not just wandering around and surviving for 2 minutes and spamming Tomes like the Lost Halls.

Something fresh, new… something challenging yet fun. This is something I yearn for, and I just want to get everyone else’s opinion.

• That’s what Realm NEEDS!
  • That would be awesome!
  • That’d be pretty cool!
  • It’d be cool, but it’s not necessary.
  • We don’t really need it, but it sounds okay.
  • We don’t need it.
  • GOD, NO.

0 voters

Only thing is that if DECA does take this idea, then we’ll have to wait a hella long time since then amount of new bosses, attacks and items they have to make is pretty big :pensive:

I am actually working on a dungeon similiar to this with 14 bosses representing the 14 classes each with a UT ability and class specific tops as a uncommon drop (except for ability)
It also has a lot of weird mechanics involved in reaching the bosses

Then have fans do it.

wink

Something along the lines of Battle for the Nexus? Ramping up difficulty of course.

Well, more like that but with some more action between bosses and also having some mini-bosses along the way and such.

Wouldn’t that be too similar to your average dungeon? Thought the whole point was more boss oriented instead of clearing/rushing enemies. Minibosses would be cool though.

It’s nothing big that would take away from it the big majority of the dungeon being the bosses/minibosses.

is this a Chasm Of Great Evil reference :relieved:

shh.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I completely agree. Anything to get away from the “50 man discord strategizing” the end game dungeons have become. Dungeons shouldn’t be about the amount of people, but every individual’s level of skill and experience.

Well, I think that it should more be something done as an actual team that isn’t just “shoot this and keep moving forward”. Like, if there was some sort of objective that you had to do while moving through and getting to a boss that would make the boss easier.

My dungeon requires teamwork, skill (extreme skill if being soloed) and awareness, also it is setup more like you are the few powerful enemies of the dungeon while the actual enemies is the fame train trying to steamroll you (but with more coordination)

thonk

So, something essentially like Court of Oryx dungeons, but a lot at either the same time or over time? Would be neat to rehaul CoO to maybe drop keys or something by completeting each dungeon.

Or say, something like the Ice Tomb, but, bigger?

It’s more something similar to what @Uniqourn was saying, but with a larger number of bosses that don’t drop vanity items and a bit more action in it, not just 100% bosses, but like, 85%.

oryx the mad god 3

void entity 2.0

or maybe a “city” (think grids) where the area the players are is small (the roads) and the enemies can go around most of the whole area that players cant (maybe even flying enemies that can go everywhere and ignore all walls) For the bosses ill guess maybe some kind of arena area (Think stadiums, large fields, or maybe even rooftops of larger buildings)

That would just be mean to do to those poor enemies. :<