What would you think of a boss-oriented end-game dungeon?

This is more like if you tried walking into one of the tentacles that he fires. Priests wouldn’t matter.

Different weird mechanics in the dungeon makes it have its advantages and disadvantage with either, other weird mechanics make it hard to crash a dungeon (all the mechanics are in fact plausibly addable)

That doesnt make any sense. Why would you do that

But theres nothing that’ll make it easier to do with less people than more

Besides this is rotmg. Its about cooperation. The last thing DECA will add is a solo themed dungeon.

That’s what I’m talking about for it being punishing. It wouldn’t matter if there’s priests because it’s too dangerous to even attempt or think of.

Just stand in a column like in a void… Its not like 50 people can just stand on top of each other… Sure some might nexus but you would still have a lot of people left

I know, the weird mechanic makes it so that more people causes a need for more cooperation, thus steamrolling would always be a terrible idea

less people slows down spawnrate of enemies, event speed (different events happen adding more enemies) and even remove some phases

And in this case, it’d be to follow the patterns.

Case closed. kappa

But you could still have 50 people in the dungeon and it would still be better than having one person.

One person is never as flexible as 50. If you’re priest, you gain safety and HP but you you lose DPS. If you’re a melee, you can tank but you cant hit things.

There’d be opportunities for every class to get in and deal damage, unlike all of the other endgame content where everything encourages being able to hit stuff from 45 tiles away.

Also, HP scaling that’s actually relevant would help a lot in this scenario so it’s not over 100x faster with like, 8 more people.

Evidently you havent done many MBCs. All damage phases except one are easily done by melees

Exactly so bring 50 people and a priest and everyone gets a cut. Still no skill required.

Only thing I can say to that that could drive in the point is,
have fun standing still as 50 shots barrage you, 'cause ain’t no Priest gonna heal you for 2k damage.

As if one person could tank that much. If one person can manage 50 people can. Some people in LH runs have some of the best coordination ive ever seen.

Besides there are raid leaders…

Still isn’t a Lost Halls. I used one example from the dungeon in that damage would be extremely high if you’re not careful, enough to render Priests unhelpful.

So you’re suggesting the shots do almost an insta hit? As if that would ever be implemented. You have to keep in mind that lag is a thing and it wouldnt be fair to punish players because of that…

Taking a small corner too hard would result in damage, but of course nothing INSANE. This isn’t some trolly dungeon that has everything one-hit kill and has items that break the game.

Also, the amount of shots obviously should be put at a limit, as well as assets and such put into it, just to keep lag lower. I get an issue with lag in Halls a lot because of a bad computer, so I can easily understand that it ain’t easy.

If you’re going to limit shots, then theres more than enough spacing for more than one person to do it.
Your described fight is just pretty much just second phase Void-high shots dealing up to 500, the need to stand in a specific place

It’s not standing in one place, it’s actually moving around, similar to the spinner phase in the Killer Queen Bee fight that everyone gets destroyed at. Just more precise and with more than just one direction being used, as well as additional hazards to avoid like the 1st and 2nd dance phase of Oryx 1.

But any of these are still easily doable with at least 25 people… you could pretty much just have people surround it in clusters

Besides people want loot. And the fastest way to do so is to do it in groups. Theres pretty much a discord for every higher level dungeon.

DECAs never going to make anything that wont be profitable

I’d imagine it would be hard to just completely surround it if you also have to focus on where to go while still trying to deal damage. If it was just dealing damage, sure, but it’s not. It wouldn’t be a straight shot in any direction; it would have some sudden turns and even some points of outright standing still in a narrow area and dodging shots in a more precise manner.

Also, this isn’t for the point of making DECA money or something, it’s to express creativity for what a big dungeon could possibly be. Some people are willing to still go out of their way for a long time to get certain items they want, much like event whites.

So pretty much blueberry phase of Void