What would you think of a boss-oriented end-game dungeon?

We both know that people do nothing but tank that or just end up dying because they’re lazy. But this sort of thing would be much stricter, sort of like this:

Just an example, don’t take it too seriously.

There’s also the possibility of adding a field where quiet or slowed is consistent, which makes the user more reliant on actually dodging rather than relying on a priest.

Oryx 3?

Oryx 3 ain’t 5 bosses and 7 mini bosses, my dude.

Though O3 still sounds interesting.

Also just stating, almost the entire point of my dungeon is to add an interesting challenge and make O2 seem important to do again

(Secret boss is O3, dungeon can only be opened with the soulbound prison incantation, a guaranteed drop to 1 person from ONLY O2)

absolutely not supporting, because it sounds like it’d be a shitstorm of random white bags and ut’s scattered everywhere. the lost halls were centralizing enough with a grand total of 16 ut’s (including cyans), with runs taking anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

as this is obviously trying to bring attention to chasm, might as well highlight the biggest problem: a grand total of 27 ut’s, 3 unique drops, and the 14 t7 abilities, which, if implemented, would account for over 20% of all of the white bag drops (events and vanities INCLUDED) in the ENTIRE GAME.

is there not a point where such a thing would be considered overkill?

to me in general, a boss oriented dungeon sounds like a great excuse to pile up a bunch of special drops that would still end up getting steamrolled by groups.

Anything gets steamrolled with groups no matter how hard you make them, that’s just how the game is.

99.9% of ROTMG players doesn’t have that tho D:

fite me

-Touhou player 2018

Nice of you to prove my point

You’re doing too much comparison to another dungeon and not considering what makes it different. You’re only comparing what makes it similar.

It’s like the argument @Demaratus made in Is Ninja Good or Bad?. You’re not comparing it in a way that makes any sense. If you compare something like this to something like The Void or Lost Halls, then you might as well compare all the mid-game dungeons to each other because they all require you to rush to the boss and then just fight it once you enter.

You compare things by setting standards. And what standards do we have? Other boss fights in the game. Besides, theres nothing that I can see thats different

But those dungeons dont have anything to do with this and they arent end game dungeons

I’m using them as an example of your comparison methods. You’re comparing two dungeons that simply have some similar attributes and throwing out the rest of it.

By these standards, we can also compare The Shatters to Lost Halls, or The Nest to The Shatters, or The Nest to Lost Halls, because they’re all end-game with similar qualities.

And standards for a dungeon are something that should never restrict an idea so long as it doesn’t outright make it a bad dungeon. Spawning into a room with 30 O1’s with only 30 tiles to dodge? Yeah, that’s a bad dungeon. But I don’t think people are complaining about the Cnidarian Reef, even though it’s another singular boss fight that starts as soon as you spawn in, exactly like Shaitan’s Lair and Puppet Master’s Encore.

But you still havent said how they are any different… Im saying they’re the same because you havent come up with anything that I dont see in the void fight

Just an example.

I don’t remember “Blueberry Phase” being super strict by having two walls on each side you can’t make contact with at all, and last I remember, you had to kill enemies during it, not (just) dodge.

You’re only comparing again, not contrasting.

Fidget spinners plus blueberries or lazer=dodging. So even if you’re saying you take out enemies, it would still be easier in a group

Look at the full post and then get back to me.

(It doesn’t require much reading.)

But its easier to stand there and have preists spam heal…

Meant this post,

in this specific text.

Theres something called puri