What would you think of a boss-oriented end-game dungeon?

It isn’t shots that can be purified, it’s a field, and it would remain there for the entire phase. It’s similar to how the sewage in the Toxic Sewers works.

So according to you, adding almost instant kill shots plus slowing makes for an amazing dungeon. Good luck with that.

And assumptions. :clap:

The shots on the inside wouldn’t be the same as on the outside. You didn’t even let me get to that part of it before running and trying to predict what I meant for them by looking at what was said for literally any other shot.

Fine then what does that even mean.

The shots on the outside are punishing, yes, but they aren’t instakill, just having high damage that would give incentive to not run into them. Nothing huge like the tentacles from The Forgotten King or the Marble Colossus, more around 100, but in a more thick and continuous stream. The shots on the inside would be able to be dodged, maybe dealing say, 150 or so and cause bleeding, which makes dodging them the far better option as opposed to running right through them.

That field would also remain active, which removes the option of simply spamming tomes through it because you wouldn’t be able to use them. You could use things like Effusions of Life, sure, but carrying around like, 8 of those takes up a lot of room.

So unless you go on a priest by yourself, its still easier to do in a group and just spam heal

Forgive me for not initially posting it.

And this is a single phase, mind you. Nothing else has been discussed but this one possible phase.

What does it mean by remain active

As long as the phase goes in, the field would stay up, meaning that everyone in the room would get the Quiet and Slowed or whatever status effects it would give.

If you want an example of how it works from something that you can try yourself, go into a Sewers with a Priest that has Book of Geb or Puri and try to purify yourself while standing in the sewage.

A field shouldn’t be quiet, the field should silence people so that abilities can be instantly used when it’s gone

like a cem but like 1000x harder

Maybe not like that. Cemeteries can be very boring, just because of the fact it’s the same thing 4 times in a row.

LoD and Cemetery have tried the boss rush thing before and most players agree they’re easily among the most boring dungeons in the game.

LoD’s problem is how samey and repetitive the bosses are, even with widely different gimmicks. Cemetery’s problem is how much waiting you have to do in the dungeon due to enemies being thrown at you in waves, even with such a wide variety of enemies.

You’d do well to learn from both these examples.

Also merely saying “it’s going to take a lot more skill” doesn’t work as an argument if you can’t explain what that means.

Bear also in mind that mechanics intended to foster cooperation can just as easily end up screwing everyone other just because one guy messed up (intentionally or not).

The idea of it “requiring more skill” mainly refers to the fact that it’s going to rely less on just bashing through countless enemies or being the right class, and more on actually using reflexes to dodge obstacles and such.

And this,

while I can see that as a problem, it isn’t a make-or-break type of deal, just more of a small hindrance to DPS at most, making it go on for just a tad longer or a tiny bit less safe.

You mean a lair of draconis?

you called for me, sir?

Isn’t that boring though. Why dodge crap when you can kill enemies

Blueberry Phase(to some extent) and final phase of Marble Colossus.

True, but it’ll be worth it in my opinion. Just look at LostHalls and the Nest. Both were basically knew and they’re still amazing tbh

Exactly, both are incredibly boring