What's Appropriate in the Off-Topic Category?

Just a heads up - I am going to agree with more flags in this section than I have been, and I may flag posts myself if I’m having to go through deleting the spam (no content posts are a form of spam).

Every couple days I get at least 2 or 3 flags from the off topic section, specifically forum games. Some of you may have noticed that you continue to get flags for posts that you created months ago.

Today I deleted 100s of replies on multiple threads which had ZERO content. I don’t mean “it was off topic, the conversation was meaningless”. I mean dozens of replies with nothing more than “…” in the body, or the same two sentences/words replied back and forth between 4 or 5 people (one says “and” and the other says “something happens”).

There are also personal attacks. Today there were rape jokes. The off topic guidelines include a reminder that the forum rules still apply in this subsection.

Here are a couple of those rules:

• Respect each other
  • No obscene content
  • If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
  • Don’t post no-content replies.

You might feel like you can’t participate in a certain forum game without posting no-content replies. If so, don’t. If the topic literally cannot survive without violating this rule, let it die. We have always been as lax as possible about enforcing rules, because we would rather just create a place where good conversations can happen. Please help us do that, before I lose my sanity and start nuking things everywhere in this category.

[Forum Game] Keep the Cookie (merged)
Shaxasno's Photo Album!
New Ninja Skin: Professional
*Low Frames Per Second [FPS] fix Guide*

What he said.

Also, please continue to flag inappropriate content (which includes no-content replies). When you do that all mods get an immediate notification and we’ll pounce on it.

oh yeah, got two flags today.

oh no!!! poor Efnuiwrbvu!

wonder if he got booted off reg and scorchy be careful!

weird thing is, i went to check which of my comments are marked, and they disappeared, i just saw bunch of efnui’s been marked. (oh rip stu removed them)

We are both right now still regulars.

Im sort of surprised I havent got any

wha? ive gotten 4 so far.

I mean today (I’ve got 3 before)

oh you mean you. Oh…

oh, rip found out i have 5 flags not 4…

how are you still a regular then?

hmm, idk, whats the limit? I guess im just too awesome.

I didn’t get any flags.

How do you know if your post/thread/topic received flags?

@Shatter @Scorchmist

type “gm” anywhere not in a text box.

Okay. I’ll try.

@Shatter?

What exactly am I supposed to do? You know what, I’ll go ask a moderator.

gm, he just told u

wha? its pretty simple…

type “gm” anywhere not in search bar/msg.

@Shatter GIF please?

Look, I’m sorry, but I don’t have much experience with flags. The only flag I have ever received during my 2nd day here, and the notification thingy told me I got a message from MrEyeBall.

heres your gif

press the letter g then the letter m