What's the big deal about "Stars"?

Ever since my return to RoTMG after almost 5 years (returned on the wrong account and used steam instead of the website one. Forgot I had an older website account lol), I noticed, and mostly “Red Stars” when I was blue, that we’re judged based on our Star ranks?

I was a blue star for years because I had 2 classes that I enjoy the most and used. I didn’t care for the rest of the other classes and doing so left me with a “lower” star.

I have screenshots where they literally said that anything blue stars say are irrelevant LOL
And sadly this has happened so many times in so many instances.
Just yesterday at Ocean Trench, a rogue rushed to the boss but we had trouble teleporting to him and 2 people started shouting basically “Blue star ****” <— this and that etc. (insert every insult you want since it was spammed)

Another time, I was trying to buy a Deca and Pixie for 8 lifes. A guy traded me with both items and then rejected after I highlighted all my life pots. He then whispered,“Blue star. **** off scrub and get good first”

Even in-game realm chats people talk about dungeons and being told by orange/yellow stars to STFU when a blue star pitches in to give input on in-game content.

White stars are the ones sticking up for the blue stars and telling the red/orange/yellow stars to stop being whores. Not trying to judge as a whole but so far I haven’t seen an unrespectable white star since they’re the ones that stuck up for me and others lol

ONTO THE DISCUSSION: So what are Stars to you since it seems to be such a big deal to many in-game?

I used to be a geared nub who “pay to win” his gear because blue star with good gear is p2w.
But I famed trained for pet feeding and got to orange star in the boring process and now I haven’t gotten any disrespect for playing the game since.
In other words, I deserve to wear my armor, deserve to speak about the game, etc etc now that my stars went up.
I find this all to be so commonly stupid LOL what do you guys think?

E

What's wrong with blue stars?
What does a star mean to you?

70 posts were merged into an existing topic: What does a star mean to you?

Combined with earlier & ongoing star discussion thread.