What's the most obscure or old RotMG knowledge you know?

Resu was always a white from what i believe and what I can find. Edit: What's the most obscure or old RotMG knowledge you know?

snake skin was 100% never a white. Whites were never common, snake skin has always been common.

I thought from your post you were saying it changed to white. I was pointing out it was always so, or at least as far back as 2014 which is before they moved some of them out of white bags.

Hm, it’s so long ago I obviously don’t remember. I was going by it being the one thing not in my inventory, and not the thing I would take out to pick up something else; plus now I’m careful to screenshot things while they’re on the ground if it’s safe. But I can’t know my thinking nine years ago !

I was going off of Mynamerr’s post:

Ah, sorry, misread who wrote that. I wasn’t trying to do a detailed rebuttal to it, just I recalled I had 9 year old screenshots of whitebags which might clarify things.

The Loot bag update was in 2014 http://archive.fo/vVfBH

On the old page of the wiki for loot bags from ~2013, you can see that resu was a cyan bag back then https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/loot-bag-types-and-contents/30

On the most recent update, 2 new ST sets were added. Mistakenly, DECA made it such that the armor and ring of both of the sets could be forged without their usually required ST token. This led to them announcing the following:

However, if you had these items in the vault, they would stay. However, if they appear in any other location (such as the nexus, a dungeon key, etc), they will disappear. Additionally, you cannot break these items down in the Forge, and they have 0 feedpower.

This makes these items (in my opinion) the coolest collectable that we’ve had in a long, long time. They were only accessible for 20-28 hours. (I don’t know if this bug started happening as of the update, or as of the hotfix that occurred 8 hours after it.)

Another one that I’m not sure people have noticed or just haven’t pointed out, but there’s a little derpy face on the walls of the Snake Pit. They’re pretty common but no one really talks about them, though it could also just be because it’s such a small and unnoticeable easter egg.

Due to the recent reduction of Huntress’s max Att, there are now overmaxxed Huntresses.
Before you get excited - This extra attack gets removed as soon as you enter the nexus.

I don’t think any other character has received nerfs to stats - although feel free to prove me wrong.

Edit: In Build 113, Knights had their Defense reduced to 40 from 50, and necros had their att/dex nerfed to 60 from 75.

In Build 123.3, vit caps were reduced. Rogue, Archer, Wizard, Priest, Paladin, Assassin, Huntress, Mystic, Trickster started to cap at 40. Necromancer started to cap at 30. Wizard’s wis began to cap at 60.

In Update 3.0.0.0, Assassin’s speed was nerfed to 60 from 75.

On closed testing during the swatsec hack, all servers turned off except testing. Arbiterz comes on himself and talks to me (Kmoelite) about what he thinks happened with the whole swatsec ordeal. Buried in my old old harddrive. I think it’s time to surface this before this and other files get lost to the winds.

Paladins dex went 50->45->55

Drunk used to work a little differently when you had Hardware Acceleration on.

The wiki actually hasn’t changed its information on Drunk in the Status Effects page; it still mentions Hardware Acceleration and its change on the effect.

Interesting. From what I understand Hardware Acceleration is always on with Exalt, they just straight up removed the different effect.

Yes Exalt has always on HW acceleration. They could done the same for the Flash, made it HW acceleration only. The fallback to software rendering was only useful for supporting PCs with very old GPUs – a decade or more old – and PCs that old would struggle to play the game at all.

I suspect that if they considered switching Flash to HW acceleration it was too late – they were already making plans for post-Flash, maybe even working on the Exalt version, so there was little point. Better to wait for Exalt and focus on making any graphical improvements in that only.

This reminds me, thinking back to the Flash version. The current game has the option to zoom in and out, so much so you see the edges of the ‘fog of war’ which hides enemies and objects.

The Flash version didn’t have this option, officially, but it was possible. First you needed to use Flash Projector, as described here. Then if you switched off hardware acceleration and made the window bigger by dragging its corner you could see further, much further, much like a fully zoomed out version of the current game.

At some point DECA changed the code to stop it drawing so much, getting it to draw just enough tiles so the screen was filled, and if you expanded the window after that you might see one row of tiles then a sawtooth as they ended. I don’t know why they did this – it could have been to stop people using it, or just for performance so it sent less data to the client.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is a new one, to me, though other players might have noticed or even remarked on it.

The Grand Dragonfly seems to end up at the left side of the map. Like Leviathans, which drift downwards over time until they hit highlands, sometimes as far as the inner ring road.

But Dragonflies seem to be more constrained – they don’t end up in highlands but stuck against the edge of godlands. I’ve found two or three on top of each other a few times now, always on the left edge of the grey/stone area of godlands.

It seems more common in quieter Realms which makes sense. MotMG might make a difference too, as players are spending more time doing events or in dungeons to collect tokens, not in godlands for pots/experience.

Post interesting map features here

Just reminded of this posting about it on Reddit. This is all from memory so details are vague, but it was a key piece of knowledge at the time.

Right now you need to do very little damage to a boss to get loot. Get a few shots in, or use your ability a few times, and it should be enough. As long as you don’t waste your effort when the boss is invulnerable you should get loot.

This didn’t used to be so though. Damage thresholds were higher, much higher. You might need to do 10% of the damage to a boss, which means only 10 players at most, and probably much less, could do enough damage.

This led to all sorts of tactics by players to get their damage in, before everyone else. Conversely if you didn’t have an 8/8 Wizard/Warrior/Knight you would look for quiet realms which let you do events and dungeons alone or with just a handful of others.

It’s no longer a problem as developers fixed the problems that caused it:

• much lower damage thesholds for loot across the board
  • HP scaling and better phases so enemies don’t die so quickly
  • TP cooldown to stop people using trackers to TP in and pile on events

The most obscure bit is the baroque complexity of the damage thresholds. Many enemies had different thresholds for different items, so e.g. you’d need to do more damage to qualify for particular UTs. Oryx 2 in particular could drop pots and tiered items, and had a chance of dropping a second tiered item of every class (weapon/armour/ability) if you exceeded a much higher damage threshold.

The Coral Gifts dropped by dying Thessaly were even odder. They not only had low HP but you needed to something like 40% of the damage to them to qualify. Basically only two people could get loot from each, and then only if one person was careful to do only around 50% of the damage. I don’t recall if this ever worked well, it was probably just a free for all, especially as there was no way to predict it then.