What's Your Opinion on Assassin?

I am aware of this series of posts: Is Assassin good / Best places to use assassin

But as of a certain thread discussing class tier lists, assassin was really low on all of them. I don’t really understand why that is, but maybe someone can clear that up? He has higher DPS than the Rogue, even without the ability usage. And the max attack between Trickster and Assassin is only 5, with the Assassin having 60 max attack, and the Trickster having 65. And the Assassin has an ability that does damage, while the trickster doesn’t (there are only two UT prisms that do damage).

Despite all this, he’s often regarded as the worst dagger class. Why is that?

Daggers are extremely weak weapons. While trickster and rogue are excellent for rushing and “hiding” to get in their damage, assassin has not ability that allows it to stay in battle, causing it to lob a poison then back off.

By hiding i mean rogues ability to cloak and tricksters ability to make the enemy shoot elsewhere.

Also assassin ability makes lag

Is Assassin the worst dagger class? Depends.

-Do you enjoy using your poison a lot when you’re playing Realm normally?
Then, by all means, it’s not the worst dagger class if you enjoy it a lot.

-Do you look to grind a lot of Lost Halls or fame-trains for fame?
Then, by all means, it’s the most troll and the worst dagger class to play.

-Do you look to just farm up Gods for pots in a fairly quiet realm, tackle solo WC, or do a pub tomb?
Then, by all means, it’s the best dagger class to play.

-Do you look to do a lot of end-game dungeons?
Then, by all means, it’s the worst and most unforgiving dagger class to play.

In conclusion, Assassin is low on the class tier lists because as a dagger class, he fails to utilize the full DPS of the dagger itself, which is much more versatile to his combat standards, and also while his poison deals damage, it can be screwed over for very long periods of time due to status effects (especially if you don’t have a mheal lvl 70+ pet).

I agree 100% on this. I mostly farm glands and glands dungeons and I love assassin. I throw my poison, wait a little and collect my loot, a relaxed way to play that still gets me loot.

I may not be able to give the best reasoning for this right now, but it is mostly because of how versatile the other two classes are. The Rogue is able to be where he’s not and the Trickster is able to be in more than one place at a time, if that makes any sense.

Meanwhile the Assassin simply deals damage overtime, granted it is to a large area, but with how content is steamrolled the Assassin’s one niche has been found to be underwhelming and outperformed.

The stats on the character does not matter, it is purely the ability. Deca helped the situation by giving the poison impact damage, but the Rogue and Trickster are still more valuable because of their versatility, something you’ll never get from pure damage. Especially damage over time.

What can be done to fix this? Make his niche more valuable through the game content, not by buffing him directly. It’ll only be an endless loop that way.

I like the class. It’s fun and safe to play.

He’s really only good for farming WCs…

It sucks so bad. Poisons are useless except for the possible insta on some bosses.

After the changes to O2, now it’s an entirely useless class.

Endgame dungeons? You’re a clown if you bring an assassin to a lost halls.

It needs a massive overhaul, along with necro who is in the same boat.

This is one of the reasons why I don’t even try to enter max eff discord.smh Calling clown to people that use one of the classes of this game… smh. Toxic.

Assassin (above all), sorc and necro (w/o cult skull) are the classes you shouldn’t bring to lost halls just because there are better alternatives.

They bring nothing to the table and are completely irrelevant in end game situations.

The only thing I agree with for max efficiency is the fact that they ban these classes. The item reqs for other classes and what not are completely stupid though.

The fact that this server bans classes like the assassin just shows how incredibly useless it is and why it needs a rework.

Got my Void Bow with my assassin in Lost Halls last year. Both the item and character are still alive. If a character stays alive and gets endgame loot, what more do you want from it? :stuck_out_tongue:

For it to contribute to the group. Such as good rushing capabilities, high dps, inflicting status effects or giving buffs. Sin doesn’t really check any of those boxes.

Trix does better dps anyways + decoys.

gz on bow tho

Oh snap your on the forums :o
Make more YT vids :wink:

Although I agree that the Assassin is likely the worst class to bring to a LH, you must keep in mind that it can be any class that contributes very little, or none at all.
It depends on the person playing the class, so an Assassin being used properly will still benefit the group more than it will hinder it.

Also, the Assassin does have more total DPS when compared to the Trickster, but the main comparison here really only comes down to utility, which the Assassin lacks.

You can play any class and still contribute as long as you are actively doing stuff.

LH are less dangerous with less time. Dps necessary for making fights last shorter in any situation. In mbc durig survival phase, if your group fails to kill a golden key (not sure what the official name is) it will take a full rotation before you get another chance to damage it. The platform during the void entity fight will shrink if you do not push it out of its phase quickly enough. One player makes little difference (~.01 of an average run) but if you have five assassins it becomes ~.05 which will be noticable, especially since the poison is hard to hit on both of the previously mentioned phases.
Assassin only brings one thing to lost halls. Lag. And trust me, theres already plenty of that.

I forgot to add my personal opinion on assassins.
Assassins are very fun to use, and thats the most important property in a game (you wouldnt play the game if you werent having fun). While its not very practical in some situations I think its unfair to ban people from doing things because of their class. Imagine people saying you have to do public tombs to max life on a ppe because you werent allowed to do halls. Thats why pub halls is public and max efficiency has stricter requirements. If you want an efficient, non-assassin run, go to max efficiency. If you just want to have fun, use pub halls. Every class is good at something, every class is bad at some things. A new player with one char slot isnt going to farm max their assassin 7/8, then suicide it to make a character for halls to farm life. Because then they wouldn’t be able to max life on their assassin! Just let people have fun doing what they want to do (except mystic trolls) and if you want to live in a world where they can’t, join a discord with stricter requirements

I’ve never had problems with lag on Assassin; however, I do play with reduced particles.
An Assassin is better than no class at all though. -and with that being said, after getting five stars on Assassin, I’m never playing it again, lol.

Assassin is still one of my favourite classes, but HP scaling ruined its effectiveness in groups. It doesn’t matter if you can bypass defence when your poison does 900 damage to an enemy that’s been HP scaled to hundreds of thousands of life.

Assassin is a low damage class that has speed like the other 2 dagger classes, but no rushing ability to capitalize on it. It’s ability is just flavorless damage with the one unique ability being it’s damage through invuln phases, allowing an insta; however this is extremely unpractical in an unorganized group, and more and more bosses are getting death phases that essentially make an insta impossible.

It’s a low damage output dagger with none of the niche that the other 2 daggers have. You would be 100% better off with a wizard in nearly every situation.

If the rogue is the Mario of the Realm, assassin is the Luigi

assasin is good in some cases, such as when there are a lot of minions . like in testing if u had a divine pet the easiest class to solo lod on was assasin bc most of the bosses spawned a shit ton of minions and assasin as we know splashes.

assasin is bad in engame dungeons but is good for like fame trains and god lands clearing. not that bad class but it needs a rework. its fun to play but i would not suggest maining the class.

also assasin = assassin rip my grammar