What's Your Opinion on Assassin?

Does that mean that sin is good against spoopy bois?

Assassin main coming through.

Is assassin good? Eh not so much, he isn’t particularly bad either but apart from some very niche things he can do (or if you just want easy sb) there isn’t much of a reason to play him. Having an assassin in your group in most dungeons won’t give you any benefit that any other classes can’t provide themselves, except a few instances of cheesing. Poison can be a pretty solid clearing tool when used right but it’s still not going to completely outshine anything. Assassin is actually one of the better godlands farmers in my opinion, especially in fresh godlands, and he can be really good for some laid back dungeon solos. If you actually know when to use your dagger and when to abuse enemy ai for easy poison kills assassin will be a bit better but assassin is not intended to be played with only the poison even if it can get you easy sb in many cases.

Is assassin fun? In my opinions yes but it really depends on what you like. Personally I’ve always liked playing damage over time builds in any game that lets me, and while assassin isn’t fully supported by his DoT it still draws me in. I really like to play around both the poison and dagger at the same time, pacing your poison throws on a moving target while still hitting them with the dagger does involve at least some level of skill. Assassin also heavily incentivises using your ability as much as possible which I find more appealing than classes with either constant midless abilities or ones for specific situations. My current assassin has 170,000 ability uses if that shows how much i spam it. As I said before assassin can benefit from abusing enemy ai to get some easy kills, while sometimes those easy kills can be pretty dull and boring other times it can actually feel rather rewarding.

Should assassin be buffed again? I actually don’t know, while I would like more damage from poisons for endgame any more and lesser dungeons would be deleted by single poison tosses. Overall I think he needs more utility added, his curse is really nice and a very powerful poison option, but only when there is no other source of curse around, some more utility uses might help him see some actual play.

Much like every other class there’s not really a determent to having an assassin around but there isn’t much of a benefit either.

I’ve been saying this (albeit in private). Assassin needs a buff. Not to himself, but to his UT poisons. I can not think of any situation to use ANY of them over t6.

t6 DMG per MP: 9

Bottled Medusozoan - It sounds great, but it has lots of disadvantages.
DMG per MP: 15
1. The target needs to stay vulnerable AND within the AoE to have damage dealt to them.
2. It does not armor pierce like the other poisons.
3. The cooldown is the duration of the poison, only one out at a time.
I guess its good for enemies who are vulnerable for very short times. It does damage fast, but in the time you use one of these you could throw multiple of the other poisons. My suggestion for improving it would be to lower the cooldown to say 1.5 seconds at max.

Plague Poison - Plague is just kind of garbage. It’s got one thing on its side though: Large AoE.
DMG per MP: 6.25.
1. Very low damage, it doesnt have any time to do any damage. Enemies die too fast.
2. Longer throw time.
The only thing that really holds this poison back is the speed everything dies now days. I guess the berserk and damaging nerf should buff this poison a bit indirectly but I still think it will be pretty bad. I’d suggest something like bump the damage up to 750 and the duriation up to 15 seconds.

Murky Toxin - Everyone’s favorite poison. I still don’t think its as good as t6 though.
DMG per MP (both): 10
DMG per MP (large AoE only): 2.5
1. Two AoEs. Need to hit the enemy with the center of the posion to do any damage.
While yeah, it does 300 more damage than t6. You also have to hit the enemy with the small AoE to be doing more damage. It also costs 20 more MP which means the extra damage isn’t as big of a selling point since it costs more to use it (10 DMG per MP rather than 9, assuming you hit the center. If not its 2.5 DMG per MP.) You get 1 more damage per MP using Murky, but it is also much harder to land poisons that will do max damage. I’ll admit its better on stationary targets. My suggestion would be to lower the MP cost to 105 or 110.

I wrote this in notepad so hopefully it turned out fine.

Not a big fan of Sin. If you want to get loot in WCs/pub tombs, it’s alright, I guess.

Never really got to play assassin all that much. I was planning on becoming a 6/8 with it but my friend killed it on accident.

Personally I don’t think assassin is all that great, it has some great perks but it needs a small buff. Adding a stat increase on the poison would greatly help just like they did with the necro.

It needs a massive overhaul, along with necro who is in the same boat.

I currently have a necro, its not bad at all. Necro is good when you don’t have a really good pet or any alive maxed characters. I find it easy for a necro to equip a exa atk ring and start ripping through huge god walls like its nothing. But yes necro is not good end game as it is a squishy mana dependant class that is mainly a priest alternative

You know it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.