What's your opinion on RWT?

I was talking about both, actually.

You mean when you linked the Mann Co store and then didn’t seem aware of the Market’s existence? Riiiiight…

Mystery Boxes, Alchemist, Items for gold in the Nexus shop.

What are you even trying to argue at this point? Lmao

You mean, just like all the other times we thought it eradicated?

Erm, what? We’ve known it was still possible since 2012 until the remaining widely-used exploit was patched recently. Have u been living in a cave pal

I never said they didn’t dupe, just that there are other effects to duping than RWT shops.

Er, no. I’ll quote yourself back at you:

Moi: RWT sites are currently selling masses of duped items
You: Pure assumption on your part.

Shooting monsters, dodging projectiles, collecting loot, socializing with other players.

Seems like any auction house would fit in with the latter two quite snugly. As snugly as the normal trading function does, in any case.

New dungeons/items/classes/events are now a factor of staleness, apparently.

Dear oh dear. Facepalm.

You: hurrrrr games shuld onyl focus core experince!!!
Moi: what is the ‘core experience’? Surely if a game only focussed on its core experience, it would get dull pretty quickly? Don’t all games need to branch out from their core experience?
You: … new dungeons/items/classes/events are now a factor of staleness, apparently
Moi: what? I never even claimed that. Did you even read what I wrote?
You: LOL ARMCHAIR ANALYST LOL
Moi: eh? What are you on about now?
You: LOLOLOL UR LIVELIHOOD’S NOT AT STAKE LOOOOL
Moi: literally what are you talking about why is my livelihood relevant to this how did you even get the–
You: ARRRMMMCHHHAIIIIRRSSS LOOOOL

I thought it was pretty obvious, given that I linked a page from the Steam forums of CS:GO.

It’s kinda amazing how far you’re willing to push a discussion about a game you’ve never played. @Pharest you wanna chime in? (or really, anyone who has actually played CS).

If spending money on items is “not part of the spirit of the game”, explain why all these things exist.

It’s pretty telling that you’d go with some sort of “moral high ground” argument instead of talking in depth about business.

[citation needed]

Oh, that part. I meant that you have no way to know what the stores are selling, in what quantities and how much money they’re making out of them.

Not to mention that their prices are apparently extremely low, so an auction house using their prices wouldn’t work (remember: the entire RWT shop business model is based on the fact that they’re leeching off of RotMG without putting any work in it. Deca simply can’t do the same).

No, it’s completely redundant with regular trading. The auction house is a business move, not a game design choice.

[quote=“Rivalry, post:68, topic:436”]
(goes full spastic)[/quote]

Are you okay? Calm down, take your pills, then come back and tell me what parts you didn’t understand and I’ll explain it to you and everything will be fine. Deal?

Et pendant que j’y suis, arrête de foutre des mots français comme “moi” dans tes posts, t’as juste l’air d’un pauvre abruti qui essaie de se donner de grands airs. :slight_smile:

explain why all these things exist.

Getting quite existential here m8

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth… &c
None of your evolutionist nonsense here plz

Steam forums of CS:GO

=/= Steam Market
Mann Co Store =/= Steam Market

Yeah, you had no idea that the Steam Market existed until I showed you. That’s fine c:

It’s kinda amazing how far you’re willing to push a discussion about a game you’ve never played.

Who said this? What are you chatting?

No, it’s completely redundant with regular trading. The auction house is a business move, not a game design choice.

‘Redundant’ makes no sense in this context, and obfuscates your meaning. Don’t use a thesaurus to type!
Also, it’s quite clearly game design, innit.

Calm down, take your pills

Could you stop being an ARMCHAIR PSYCHIATRIST
HA
I put the word ‘armchair’ in front of something
Now it looks like I have some form of authority and credibility

[citation needed]

The real question to ask is ‘how much of your time have I managed to waste already?’

Nah, the real question would be: “when will you guys realize that acting like colossal tryhards is only going to get people to either ignore you or laugh at you?”

Indeed. I wrote this thread off long ago.

lmao didn’t even realize I was typing it in a plural form.

I’ve talked to so many people with this exact same posting style, they all just blur together.

Nah, the real question is: ‘how much of your time have I managed to waste already?’

One moment you’re talking about armchair analysts, and the next moment the nebulous ‘you guys’ turn into colossal tryhards #shapeshifting #ubad #getwellsoon #jetfuelcantmeltsteelbeams

Repeating a joke doesn’t make it suddenly funnier.

Again: if there are specific parts of my posts you don’t understand, just ask directly and I’ll explain these to you.

Let me guess: “spamming shitty memes everywhere is witty satire! you just don’t get it!!!”

Can we get back to laughing at idiots spending ungodly amounts of money on shit they’ll lose in a matter of seconds? Or do you have anything else to add?

Nah, the real question is: ‘how much of your time have I managed to waste already?’

Ironically, the only person who seems to be misunderstanding… well, everything… here is you. Remember that time you didn’t realise the Steam Market existed and then pretended that you did? Lelel

Let me guess: “spamming shitty memes everywhere is witty satire! you just don’t get it!!!”

o look boi it u

a matter of seconds

Technically, we lose anything in a matter of seconds, so. Think before you type, young one.

Or do you have anything else to add?

Yes. How much of your time have I managed to waste already?

OT: well gee isn’t RWT bad and all, ha ha we should ban all the RWTers and armchair virtual item vendors

It’s funny how I can make plenty of people mad simply by being myself, while you on the other hand try so hard and only get basically the forum version of an answering machine.

We get it: you’re a RWTer who’s too insecure about it to use his main account on here and who got mad because most people in this thread don’t support RWT. If you had simply tried to make a point instead of rambling for days, you’d have gotten much more of a response than this.

I promise I won’t make snide remarks about your mother’s credit card if you try to be more calm about this. Come on, I know we can have a normal conversation.

A post was merged into an existing topic: The White Bag Thread

We had a normal conversation. You lost the debate. You got upset, and derailed the thread. Now you’re just shitposting. Tut-tut. I think these forums demand a level of decorum you’re not managing currently. Maybe it’s time to turn off your laptop and calm down for a while.

(^my fave song)

Projection.

You mean you still haven’t figured out this thread is a containment measure for your stupidity?

I don’t even know why you’re getting so defensive. Forum comments are not proof enough to get you banned anyway (and you’re not even on your main account to begin with), so why not share your experience of RWT with everyone instead of comforting us in our own little circlejerk?

One of the main reasons people dislike things like client modding or RWT is because of socially inept people like you being needlessly confrontational. Just drop the “epic trole xDDDDD” act and be constructive, for once.

PS: I also love that song, the video clip for it is pretty good.

you’re not even on your main account to begin with

What’s my main?

One of the main reasons people dislike things like client modding or RWT is because of socially inept people like you being needlessly confrontational.

non sequitur:

‘you are needlessly confrontational [opinion, unsupported assertion at best] and socially inept [ad hominem, disregard] therefore people dislike client modding/RWT’ - this does not follow

Tbh fam I’m not really feeling your style on the forums generally, which is why I reply to a lot of your posts. Your debating style (and, let’s be honest, most of your posts are intended to provoke discussion) is - as I’ve shown you on several threads now - to get a lil bit carried away interpreting the argument in front of you to the point that what you end up rebutting is a total fiction. This is a variant of what’s popularly known as the straw man. Lemme show you:

This never even came up. It’s a complete fabrication on your part.

This is a total misinterpretation of the counter-argument. I think I picked you up on it, iirc.

You did. I showed you.

This misunderstanding kinda crippled the entire discussion, because you were unaware that the Steam Market was the analogy under fire.

you’re not even on your main account to begin with

Poof! This appears out of thin air. Presumably to ‘annoy’ me, but you stuck to your guns with claiming it, so who knows?

This one’s quite ironic, because one of your biggest issues is that you assert and assume (often both at once, which is doubly damaging to a case) but present as fact - I’ve shown you multiple examples of you doing this already on multiple threads.

The ridiculously theatrical language, meanwhile, has undertones of childishness (‘big bad’) and is clearly intended to discredit your opponent (it’s a common tactic in irl debating, too). He is not ‘the main character of a great tragedy’ for disagreeing with you and making his case passionately. Through your reply you systematically undermine his confidence (this type of ad hominem is commonly called ad fidentia) and, by rendering him ridiculous, you try to render his ‘argument’ ridiculous by extension. However, you’ve also totally skewed the argument he was making through your bombastic language to the point that what you end up arguing against isn’t really a fair representation of what he said. Here’s a flow to show you:

He says x
You take x, dress it in a load of dramatic language and undermine him, turning x into y
You rebut y

x =/= y

These misinterpretations of the point at issue are then liberally laced with thinly veiled insults:

and a deft sprinkling of the anonymous authority stirred well with appeals to popularity:

So yeah. There are people like you on most internet forums. People whose posts are mostly negative contributions to the debate (ie are mostly rebuttal, rather than fresh propositions) and who - wilfully or not, consciously or not - misinterpret and misrepresent stuff levelled against them to make it easier to rebut (as we can see on this thread when you invent random stuff like me never playing CS:GO [?] or being an alt [??] or an RWTer [???], or more mundanely when you have x at the start of your post and come out with y at the end). I tend to fall out with those people quite quickly, partly because the same process of mental osmosis that turns x into y also convinces themselves of their own supreme logical aptitude, allowing them to ponce around posting illogical and slightly bullying replies to any positive contribution/idea made by anyone.

You said once that you wanted people to be reasonable with you. How’s that?

Have I gone back in time? I swear I’m back in my ‘Logic 101’ seminar. Can you guys take this to a message thread please? I feel like the forum is turning into ‘Rivalry vs RMGnoob: who is the most logically inconsistent?’. Cheers.

Is there a reason I should care about that? Is it a name I’m supposed to be remembering?

So you were so sore about a couple posts on a forum, most of which not even directed at you, that you derailed several threads and posted long-ass rants like this one?

On a scale of 1 to Oryx, I’d say that registers as “pretty fucking mad”.

Look, if you have beef with me, just shoot me a Realmeye pm and we’ll work things out. There is no need for you to spazz out for an entire week or for me to post an entire novel explaining my posting style, and I sincerely doubt anybody on these forums gives half of a fuck about feuds like this.

Guys, this has passed the point of heated discussion.

If your replies have more content relating to “What’s my opinion on [player name]?” than “What’s my opinion on RWT?” then please save it for PMs.

We appreciate passionate debate but there’s a point where it turns from jabs within a discussion into a sentence or two of discussion within jabs.

They’re locked in a kamehameha, each of them trying to overwhelm the other with their ego.

The only way to fix it is to let it happen.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.