When is cwand a good option to use?

I recently maxed a sorcerer 6/8 which is the first time actually putting work into a sorcerer. Ive had a cwand laying around and I was wondering when should I use my cwand? i.e. What bosses to use it on.

Basically just on enemies with high defense, like the stone guardians and avatar and such. If you really want to optimize you can use this to compare dps at different def levels:
http://www.pfiffel.com/dps/

Just remember to change the attack from 60 to 70, because of the recent buff.
Also keep in mind that Cwand doesn’t pierce, so if the cwand has just a bit higher damage it might still be better to just use recomp.

Ok thanks so much for clarifying. :slight_smile:

Its also nice for clean tomb since it doesnt pierce

Hey a fellow 6/8 sorcerer brother! I myself made one (although I’ve had a fondness for them), and made one to commemorate buying my Stanley the Spring Bunny skin (because I suck at calender’s). I’ll just throw a list at ya (in no particular order)

-Bridge Sentinel (1st boss in shatters)
-Twilight Archmage (2nd boss in shatters)
-The Forgotten King (3rd boss in shatters)
-Ghost Ship
-Eye of the Dragon
-Jade/Garnet statues (when they’re spaced apart)
-Daichi
-Abyss Idol
-Dr.Terrible
-Oryx 2

-Literally anything above (insert def amount found using Pfiffel’s DPS graph, I think 25 or something?)

okay but it’s a 5/8 Sorcerer…your vit isn’t maxed yet…

Since you’re using a Fulmi (although I do suggest carrying around a tiered Scepter for higher damage) and Mad Robe, you get an attack boost of +6; your ring of choice - an expo, cool and good - does not grant any offensive stats.
The following image is your DPS with different wands, excluding the Bulwark:

Where pink is the Wand of the Fallen, orange is the Conducting Wand, cyan is the Crystal Wand, and dark blue is the Wand of Recompense.
The Crystal wand outdamages:

• Recompense at 38 def
  • Conducting at 60 def
  • Fallen at 99 def
    As such, I recommend using a Conduct on Test Chests; for non-Chest bosses, use a Crystal Wand. If there are a lot of minions, use a Recompense. If you can get in close, use a Wand of the Fallen.
    Some good examples of where you can best use a Crystal Wand:
    Ocean Trench (Thessal has 60 def), Oryx 2 post-minions, Avatar, Sarcophagi, Stone Guardians, Blizzard (the Twilight Archmage’s ice birb)…

With other enemies, you are either better off using a Recompense (to pierce) or a Conducting (better damage).

Priest question

I do have a recomp that I use most of the time but no conducting (which I’m grinding for) thank you so much for the tips very helpful!

Also it is good for tomb bosses because they have the armored buff.

You forgot it is good for tomb bosses because their armored buff is ignored when using the cwand.

All boss in Shatters, Stone Guardians, Oryx 1 and 2,

RIP OP, I saw you’ve died. :skull_and_crossbones:

Still, I wanted to post because an important use not yet mentioned is if you’re weakened, Cwand outputs more dmg down to all but the lowest of def enemies.

The below also shows the DPS lines for when weakened - it’s right down in single figure enemy def values where the crossover points happen, for both priest and sorcerer.

Yep - the exact number does vary a fair bit depending on your gear (for me it’s a nice round 30 on sorc & 25 on prie, or 7 on either if weak). Wearing gear that gives less ATT bonuses lowers the crossover point, (it would be 17 on sorc if I wore Soulless, for example).

So it is worth putting your gear into the DPS Calc and seeing for yourself.
Important: the DPS Calc isn’t yet updated for Sorcerer’s 70 max ATT. You have to manually increase it to 70.

I mean normally that considers bes (yeah they all have it, but still). Also, artifacts block cwand normally, which is annoying.

But for a clean tomb you don’t want to pierce anyway so.

lol that ends that chapter… who are you guys answering to now?

sure you do, bone dagger is awesome to pierce through artifacts shielding a boss

I mean still, they do spawn at half health, but it wouldn’t be bad to keep a spare

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.