When will Deca stop supporting flash?

With oryx 3/bard being exalt exclusive on testing I’m a bit worried that Deca will either stop offering a flash client or make some parts of the game non-compatible with flash in 1 or 2 months.

That would leave me screwed as Exalt is still terribly laggy for me.

That seems about right. But they haven’t said yet, so who knows?

Would that be the disconnections or just overall lag?

For me it runs incredibly smoothly but whenever I rotate my screen I get extreme fps lag until I stop. Also I don’t think they will switch over until DCs are fixed or at least reduced greatly

input lag to the point where I can’t really dodge anything and framedrops

I’d say at least half of the player base is still on Flash and that won’t change until Unity is more “stable”/consistent.

Out of those aware of Exalt, probably less than half. Most people have made the switch and don’t want to go back because Exalt is technically “better” when not counting the connection problems.

They could stop supporting it the second Exalt fully releases and there isn’t much anyone could do about it.
They might do that, but realistically (and hopefully) they would wait until Exalt has stabilized a lot more before they go for the full release, and hopefully then there won’t be as many big problems as we have currently been seeing in the beta.

However, I am concerned regarding players with weaker PCs. While it does perform better than Flash on most PCs it seems, on PCs especially with old GPU/CPU there are issues as I feared. They wouldn’t be able to continue playing RotMG very well or at all once Flash is phased out.
I do kind of expect that some players with very weak/old PCs will unfortunately be left out of the transition, as there isn’t much Deca can do on that end, however I do think more optimization might be possible to help players with weaker PCs. (there’s also the memory leak issue which they should be able to fix and is another limiter to players with weaker PCs that don’t have a lot of RAM to spare)

Have you tried changing exalt from full screen to windowed

Sounds weird but it worked for me

Flash will still be available for a while longer, new content like O3/Bard just won’t be accessible. With that said, Unity’s official release is pretty close.

We plan for the Bard to be released the same date as Unity’s official release.

Bard is set to release in the second half of May.

yes, I also tried lowering the resolution and setting all the graphics to minimum

Do you play with the launcher closed as well? Having it open is usually the major source of lag for me for some reason.

Pretty sure as soon as Exalt is released the Flash client will stop working, simply as some things they are keen to make part of the Exalt release, in particular Oryx 3, will only ever work on Exalt.

The good thing is this won’t be until Exalt release. The current beta still has a number of issues including performance. It should perform significantly better than Flash in comparable situations so the poor performance is a bug, which means it should be fixed before release. To make sure it is be sure to report performance problems as bugs, e.g. on Reddit where there’s a thread for them.

Is exalt going to be avaible to non-64 bits windows on full release?

sounds like you’re having the exact same problems that I am

Oh the input lag. Do you have another monitor? Idk what causes it; no matter what resolution / windowed / fullscreened I get input lag on my laptop.

That is until I connected to another monitor, and chose one of “extend screen”, “duplicate screen”, or “second screen (external monitor) only” from display options, then the input lag went away. Even if the monitor was off, it would fix it, no idea why.

Please try even if you don’t have a monitor, see if you have a keyboard shortcut to change display settings.

edit: i just for my laptop, even when i don’t have an external monitory connected i can press “fn+f4” to get this to pop up:

Honestly feel bad for you but all them duping and hacks will tone down a bit for good when flash shuts down.

Interesting, I’ll try that. Not that I get awful lag, but I DC in sacry ways rather otfen. I’ve heard that tuning off the music helps a lot to prevent DCs.

When the launcher was first up, I remember there being a 32-bit version. I think it will come back eventually.

Do you have two GPUs in your laptop an integrated (Intel) one and a more capable non-integrated (AMD or Nvida) one? Some laptops do this so you have the option of a dedicated GPU for performance, but it can be powered down so you just use the integrated one when e.g, running off the battery to prolong battery life.

If so it could be telling it to use an external monitor makes it use the dedicated GPU, which has better performance. There must be something going on like this, as normally plugging in a second display makes your PC work harder, and so can hurt performance. And if so it might be something for other people to look at, if they have dual GPUs.

Hm I’m pretty sure I just have the integrated Intel one, but not sure how to check.

In display settings both the laptop screen and external monitor show “Intel® HD Graphics 4000”.