Where are the "Sweet spots" of enemies for a wizard spellbomb?

Recently, I decided to make a 8/8 wizard. And even now, I don’t exactly know the “sweet spots” for most bosses. The bosses I would want to have answered is : Test chest, Bes, Nut, Geb and just any other bosses/Events sweet spot. Before I go, is the Ancient spell : Pierce shots bigger then a regular spells (Ele det/mnova)? From what I’ve heard, It appears to have bigger shots.

How do you spellbomb perfectley?
Best robe class for loot besides wizard?
A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

Alright, spell bombs.

First of all, you need to recognize that the shots spawn on the nearest tile, not where your cursor is. That’s why sometimes you’ll think that you had the perfect positioning but you don’t get the satisfying, ear-destroying sound.

For example, Skuld cannot be perfectly spell-bombed.

As for your specific enemies,

the general consensus is to aim for the ‘crotch’. Yes, dirty move but works every time.

Test chest is… well super easy. Literally aim for the ‘crotch’, and if it’s off, adjust accordingly. After all, it is a stationary object.

Another thing to consider is FPS drops. I find that sometimes when I spam space on wizard on a stationary target like the avatar, the shots will completely miss because there was a frame-skip the moment I pressed space.

BTEL made this informative video a while [jeez, 2 years ago?!]:

How do you spellbomb perfectley?

Thanks! :smiley: But, that only works for the tomb bosses. Where should I generally aim on the test chest?

What about the cube god? that one has no crotch… should you aim for the middle of the cube?

As I mentioned on my earlier post, you shouldn’t really worry about test chests because they are sitting ducks. If you don’t know how to adjust after seeing your shots miss… well I don’t know how to help you xD

Everything has a crotch, if you believe hard enough.

Edit: @DragodogII Additionally, it doesn’t even matter too much if you get perfect spellbombs on chests. Yes, it will speed up the dying process but it is a [annoying] common misconception that you have to deal a shitton of damage on the chests in order to qualify.

@Mrunibro can testify against that for me, right? (where’s dat pic of you getting sweet sweet loot on a level 7 or something :c uni i need uuuuu)

Usually the sweet spot is at their feet or between their feet or at the bottom few pixels from my experience

I find that putting your cursor directly under the boss is the best, but when you are in a tomb that is way harder. I just started to really study the patterns that they move in and then try to pre-fire to where he will go next. Also if you are on fill screen make sure that you account for your cursor’s aim being offset slightly.

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

Turn HP bars on.

One pixel above the bar, centered is generally the sweet spot.

It shows that chest threshold os rather… low

As for spellboms, even with any sort of sweet spot itll still possibly not work 100%. If you’ve got poor framerate, chances are your shots will be inside the target and not hit at all! - chests can fuck up your framerate pretty good when crowded

funny i get my best loot on trash chars