Which class has the best set of alien weapons?

The only reason that’s true is because tiered bows are all garbage. I wouldn’t ever consider even playing an archer without UT bows. Just because they make an unusuable class viable, doesn’t mean they’re the best alien weapons. Cutlass is clearly the best weapon in the pool of alien weapons.

Both staves suck bad, the daggers are way too situational, the wands both lack piercing, and the katanas are just sorta meh.

S: Swords
A: Katanas, Wands
B: Staves, Daggers
C: Bows

I didn’t half get a shock when I pressed Ally Projectiles ON accidentally when standing near your necro in a Malogia – the alien spirit staff reskin projectiles are so bright and spew out so fast! It nearly panic-nexused me. :smile:

Staff, Dagger, Sword, Bow I could live with the two UT choices in the set.
Katana, Wand I’d miss the tiered too much.

I think I’d choose Bow, or Dagger as the best for me personally, since I use Dbow and Stinger as main weapons anyway. I dislike Cutlass for similar reasons as @RMGnoob : if I’m that close I’ll be using Dblade.

I should try it again with the extra dex from alien gear :grin: . Find I mostly use the Tezcacoatl’s Tail reskin though: the extra dex with that gives it a much more reasonable fire rate, and its 9 range, lack of amplitude and armour piercing shots makes it effective against almost everything.

from what i’ve seen on pfiffel amplitude doesn’t actually affect amount of converge points normally it should as it should reduce frequency but because frequency is preset the projectile speed is affected instead to keep the period unchanged outcome is the same because spirit staff’s frequency is 1,5 (instead of regular 2) and amplitude still makes aiming harder (especially on smaller hitboxes) but i just wanted to point that out and imo wands still win i don’t find pierce that useful especially on sorc daggers are completely dominated by sts (2 considered the best daggers are sts of which one is tradeable) when it comes to swords as it was pointed out before there are better choices to use at ~range of cutlass this leaves you with at most good ass katanas actually seem decent but again there are better st choices i’m not sure about bows but tbh cbow can easily replace thot dbow is ok but ofc again there is op st and void (unfortunately both are rare) when it comes to wands only decent one besides fallen is abomination and fallen is still better (until 74 def on sorc and 58 on priest)
I know that this wall of text looks awful especially because i don’t use punctuation marks but english is not my native language and i have no idea where to put those damn commas there might be some mistakes too

Archer and Huntress are unusable now? That’s news to me.

Still not seeing it, sorry.

I think that’s because weapon choice has less of an impact on staves than it does on weapons with shorter range. You could comfortably play with a t6 or a jungle staff and not feel that much of a change compared to Cosmic.

Those are almost the exact same arguments people made for Sentient and Esben, both of which are still stuck somewhere around meme-tier.

Ebsen trades DPS for piercing, so is a viable swap out. Sentient Staff it’s hard to make a case for unless you are completing the set.

I forgot to mention, one reason for using the Spirit Staff, or actually the alien reskin, as I worked towards and past 3000 fame, was the fame bonus. I had only reached 3000 base fame twice before, and expected to die sooner or later, so was mindful of the fame bonuses. It helped that they were all good items:

Are you saying this theoretically or have you actually tried using it anywhere?

That’s a good argument for suiciding with it, not so much for playing with it.

If you’re expecting to die, you probably shouldn’t be using limited exclusives like alien items.

Esben trades:

• Damage per shot
  • Fire rate
  • Shot pattern

…for piercing, which is basically 1 for the price of 3.
It’s why I think it deserves a buff, because while it may sometimes be usable, in most situations where it should be usable, it’s not.

I could just put them in my vault and never use them. But if I use them makes sense to use them on the char that has most fame, both for the bonuses and as it’s the char that’s survived the longest so which I am clearly most able to keep alive. The Necro will die eventually as all my chars eventually do.

Average damage per shot is the same as Cosmic. but 80% fire rate means 20% less damage. Against a single target, that is. Any time you can hit two or more targets with the same shots it has a clear advantage, like other piercing UTs.

voted katana cause samurai entropy is op - only downside to samurai entropy is swapping to celestial blade / void if you want extra dps in different places. samurai benefits from every bonus and gets the most value out of entropy imo + the shots hit multiple targets makes everything a lot easier compared to the other alien sets imo. and you can play super safe with ray katana if you are low on hp or something aswell. doesnt have any negatives really since it has heavy armor

Archer/Huntress are pretty much unusable without UTs. Tiered bows are an absolute joke. Assassin in general is regarded as one of the worst classes, but I would put archer/huntress below using only tiered bows. I actually wouldn’t ever consider playing one of those classes without some sort of UT bow.

Let me put it in a way you may understand then. Out of all the alien weapons, cutlass is the closest to being an “end-game weapon”. The differences between
DBow/Tshot and Vbow/ST
Tail/Spirit and Vital/Cult Staff
Etc.
Are way larger than the differences of Cutlass. Cutlass actually beats out splendor until 82 defence, and even then it slightly lags behind. Combine this with the fact that it has 1.93 more range than DBlade and 1.43 range over Pixie. That’s more than the extra range of a csword/ass, so if you’re willing to use those over cutlass itself, you should be willing to use cutlass over pixie/dblade. The only real sword that beats out cutlass for general use is colo sword, which some may find hard to use efficiently. Even then the difference in DPS between cutlass and colo is not as big as the differences perfectly switching between tshot/dbow and void/st, and no one can perfectly switch based on defence, as well as armor breaks. Also RoF is a bigger nerf than you would think. Each missed shot is much more detrimental to the loss of DPS, meaning DBow takes a bigger hit in DPS based on that.

The only exception to this is WotF being the best damage wand to a certain defence, but the lack of piercing makes it pretty lackluster for general use.

People aren’t saying “Durr sword best” because they’re melee mains. I personally hate melee, and they’re my least played class, but the actual data just proves that the alien swords have the best stats.

Not disagreeing with you there. Bows are a failure in RotMG’s game design: what’s the point of sacrificing raw damage for AoE when trash mobs stop being relevant 10 minutes in, after you’ve reached lvl 7-8?

Yet I’d still put them ahead of Assassin as a starting class, as they can at least work as godlands farmers and can easily get some nice UTs that give them a decent spike in power. Assassin is miserable at lower Pet levels and good Poisons are a pain to get.

Then later on you can just permapara/permaslow everything and oneshot most enemies. Bows are pretty great.

Yes, people will have an easier time understanding you if you actually explain yourself. I’m glad you finally got that.

I don’t care about what the DPS calculator says.

I’m asking you in what situation does Cutlass have an advantage over any other Sword. Gameplay, not theoretical mathematics.

Both Bow classes have access to Slow and Paralyze and can very easily catch enemies with it. Get a decent pet and you can keep them debuffed permanently. Not to mention all the enemies that either don’t move or have set movement patterns that make them easily predictable.

Add to that the fact that you only need one or two shots to kill most enemies or get SB on most bosses and you’ll understand why I’m not too concerned about missing.

For me Cutlass helps greatly on Knight and Pally with their low dex. There are lots of places where there are enemies which you can one-shot with any sword, so how quickly you kill them depends on your fire rate. Anywhere in Realm outside Godlands and clearing many dungeons, you kill things 30% quicker. The speed boost helps too. Not Warrior as Speedy and Berserk means they have much less need for the boosts from Cutlass

Yes, you could use DBlade to the same effect; it’s harder to aim but can kill two things at once. Pixie even more so with particularly low HP enemies. But you might not have either, or might prefer not to deal with factoring in effective range.

If you’re playing Cutlass on a maxed melee, why would you care about the realm outside godlands? and in the case that you do indeed need to go there and kill enemies, why wouldn’t you just whip out a Pixie or Dblade?

Pixie can be traded and Dblade drops from an easy godlands dungeon. If you can get a Cutlass then you can easily get the other two.

Which ones? because aside from Snake Pit walls I can’t think of anything off the top of my head.

Walls in Snake Pit and Puppet Theatre. Bats in Manor and Sewer, slimes in UDL. You might not be able to rush, or might just prefer to clear.

There are also enemies with slightly more HP you can often one-shot as a melee, depending on class and gear. Abyss minions for example. Using a Cutlass you kill them too 30% quicker, if you have enough DPS from a Damaging boost or from full alien gear.

More damage per second is a gameplay advantage. Double the range of DBlade, and almost double of Pixie is a definite game advantage. Higher rate of fire is a gameplay advantage. You kill enemies faster, and from a longer range. It isn’t hard to comprehend that stats are gameplay advantages.

All enemies you can easily kill with any weapon and that are much easier to kill with Pixie because of the range and spread (with the only exception being Puppet walls, and even then tiered works just as well).

So what you’re saying is, it’s only good for Abyss rushing, meaning it’s only going to see any use if you really need to farm for a new Dblade?

If I want to sacrifice range for damage, I can use a Dblade or Pixie.

If I want to sacrifice damage for range, I can use an ASS or Csword (or, again, Pixie).

Why would I want a Sword that’s middle-of-the-road?

You’ve just made my point for me. Cutlass is not exceptionally good at anything, but it does do pretty well in a wide range of situations. It’s good for single targets, good for crowds/clearing/walls where high fire rate helps, no gotchas like nerfed range/effective range, nerfed DPS or poor against armour. It’s a good all-round sword you can use all the time.

Because it’s the second best sword in the game if you’re not standing on top of things. That’s kinda very useful. It’s middle of the road because it combines the best aspects of both. Very good damage, and average range. I’m not saying don’t bring swapouts, but if you currently bring DBlade/Pixie and CSword/ASS, just bring DBlade/Pixie and Cutlass.

DBlade/Pixie: Very low range, very high damage
Cutlass: Average range, very high damage
Ass/CSword: Very low damage, high range

I don’t know why I bother trying to prove a point to anyone who uses a csword though

And that’s exactly what’s wrong with it: why bother using it when the niche swords are easier to get and completely beat it in every situation?

That’s why I don’t see the point of playing alien melee: I just don’t see what’s fun about locking yourself out of using Dblade or Pixie. Sure, it’s still playable: melees are so good that you can make anything work with them. But it’s not optimal whatsoever, whereas being locked into playing Dbow all day is already the best way of playing Bow classes anyway.

The only time I don’t want to stand on things on melees is when the situation is difficult enough to justify using a sword with more range, like ASS for example.

If you keep talking about some hypothetical situation in the middle without providing any examples, I’m going to keep assuming you’re just parroting whatever the wiki or DPS calculator says without any personal experience.

If I’m playing on a new account and/or trying out new content then yeah, I’m going to play Csword or ASS at first.

I don’t get why that warrants this much tryhard condescension or what you think it brings to the conversation.