Which dungeons should I do?

One thing I noticed when I returned since approximately 2016 is the numerous dungeons that have been added into the game. I’ve been relatively hesitant to try any of the newer dungeons, some of which are undeniably end game. There’s also a couple of dungeons I’ve had nightmares about from the past that I haven’t tried since returning to RotMG.

Here are the dungeons that I have either never touched or only briefly touched, most of which I have never completed, and all of which I haven’t completed on my own:

• Woodland Labyrinth
  • The Third Dimension
  • Mountain Temple
  • Lair of Draconis
  • Deadwater Docks
  • Ice Cave
  • Fungal Cavern
  • Crystal Cavern
  • The Nest
  • The Shatters
  • Lost Hall/Cultist Hideout/The Void
  • All Wormholes
  • O3
  • Lair of Shaitan
  • Cnidarian Reef
  • Secluded Thicket
  • High Tech Terror

Yeah, it’s a pretty long list, and doesn’t include any limited time dungeons either. Since I have been playing the game with the paralyzing fear of losing even one character, I’ve been hesitant to even enter most of these things, and opted to just slowly max my characters and get safer UT’s and ST’s instead. I have done most realm events (haven’t really tried Dwarf Miner), so at least I got that going for me. But given that, which dungeons should I not be fearing? Which dungeons do I need preparations to tackle? And which dungeons should I hold off on doing until I mastered the previous ones?

I have all 16 characters available for use, but I may not have the UT’s needed to meet certain niches (eg. I don’t have Ogmur and Puri/Prot, as an example).

WLab, 3D, DDocks, and Ice Cave are fine. Just stick with the others and try to learn the phases. In a group, MTemple’s super easy (just watch out for the fast, three-projectile shotgun that Daichi shoots occasionally). But if you get paralyzed while clearing, and there’s a horde on you, Nexus quickly. They stack damage like hell on low to mid DEF chars. LOD’s pretty simple as long as you don’t stand still during Pyyr’s charge and avoid the miasma smoke in Feargus and Ivory. Bow, katana, and wand classes are great against Limoz, because they can pierce through the rock shield. Ivory might be tough? I dunno what skill level we’re talking about here, so it’s purely up to your opinion. I don’t think you’ll be coming by Shaitan, Reef, Thicket, and HTT very often since no one does Court, but you never know. Shaitan’s scary after the rework. I recommend avoiding him for now, but if you insist on facing him, melees work best when soloing. Reef’s a bit difficult, especially on solo and with low DEF, and not too worth your time. But if you wanna try it, by all means, go ahead. Just note that oxygen runs out much faster than OT, and the shotguns really hurt if you take it the wrong way. Thicket’s aight. Good loot, fun fights. Tezca (1st boss) is easy, and you’ll most likely be in a group anyways. El Dorado (2nd boss) gets considerably trickier. Avoid the confusion shots, and if you don’t think you’ll make it to the safe zones in time, Nexus quickly. Xolotl (3rd boss) is easy until the survival phase, which you can cheese. I’ve never done HTT, but I’ll just assume that it’s irrelevant. The wormholes drop good reskins, but a lot of the enemies can instapop you. Be especially careful in Green. Fungal, Crystal, Nest, Shatts, LH, Cult, Void, and O3 are considered the endgame stuff. Most tend to use raiding Discords for them because of the far better dungeon accessibility. I actually recommend using them to start learning the mechanics of endgame until you a) fully understand how they work, and b) are able to take them down in smaller groups.

Your priorities should be something like this from most importance to least importance:

Ice Cave
Deadwater Docks
Woodland Labyrinth
Mountain Temple
Lair of Draconis
Secluded Thicket
Wormholes (start with Blue, then Red, then Yellow, then Green)
Lost Halls / Cult / Void
Fungal / Crystal Cavern
The Nest
Oryx’s Sanctuary
The Shatters
Cnidarian Reef
Third Dimension
High Tech Terror
Lair of Shaitan

Additional advice: Watch dungeon tutorials on YouTube.
I suck at the game, though, so feel free to take my words with a grain of salt. Best of luck uwu

Third Dimension would probably be the least similar to 2016 era, maybe HTT, but LoD isnt too bad, the inheritance ststem is pretty well set up, first is terrain, 2nd is normal shots, and 3rd is minions, 4th having its statue awake during ivory. inheritance does apply for ivory, too. best order, or at least most common, is red blue green black. The Nest is tge leadt endgame of the endgames, the kicker is to avoid red orb shots and yellow star shots, since the confuse and paralyse respectively. bringing a priest, especially a puri one, can make it easier to learn. needle storm looks a lot scarier than it is, just rotate and shoot at the red and blue hives.

follow up: ice cave is fairly easy, but sadly has pretty subpar rates, better to stick with ceepths for mana. HTT can drop a solid ring thats busted with cshield, and the staff is great for solos. if you bring a rogue and solo htt, most of the shots dont even fire, and the ones that do are set patterns. the biggest threat in htt is the car, everything else isnt too difficult. the car throws a wrench though, especially with bad placements.

That’s quite the list! But don’t worry, there’s many dungeons on this list that you don’t have to be afraid of.

Woodland Labyrinth, Mountain Temple, Lair of Draconis, Deadwater Docks and Ice Cave are all dungeons that can be found in the realm and are not too difficult, especially if you’re with a decent group.

The Woodland Labyrinth has gotten a rework and can be dangerous when soloing. I suggest you don’t try to rush if you’re not comfortable, you can get paralyzed and minions deal quite a bit of damage. The boss is mainly just rotating around the room and you have to dodge the boss’ shots and the confusion shots from the minions.

Mountain Temple is really easy, just don’t get paralyzed. If you do get paralyzed and you see a group of minions coming your way, just nexus. You can slowly clear rooms until the boss and the boss isn’t difficult. Just dodge it’s BIG shots and you should be fine.

The Lair of Draconis has also gotten a rework. I suggest you do this with a group. Don’t sit still when fighting the red dragon, try to dodge the minions shots and be careful when the boss is charging towards people. With the purple dragon you should just be careful of the purple smoke. If you were able to do all the dragons, the boss fight shouldn’t be a problem as long as you’re dodging.

Deadwater Docks is really straight forward. Just don’t walk through the water, don’t rush too much as the minions will group up and follow you. The boss fight is also straight forward, just dodge the boss’ big bullet shots and with a group the fight shouldn’t take more than 1 minute.

The Ice Cave is also really easy. Be careful that the ice doesn’t shoot you into the minions in the first part of the dungeon. The boss fight is just killing the minions, hitting the boss, killing the minions, hitting the boss again and it’s done. Just don’t sit on the minions and don’t get close to the boss and you should be fine.

For the Lost Halls, Cult, Void, Fungal, Crystal, Nest and Shatters there are many discords where these dungeon are being run. If you want I can send you some invites to these and you can join the runs for yourself. There’s a big voice channel which people can join, everyones muted except for a raid leader and the raid leader helps everyone through the dungeons, makes calls and explains what’s about to happen.

Be aware that the Lost halls and Void can still be very dangerous, but if you’ve done a few they can be a lot of fun to do. The shatters and nest are super easy nowadays. I suggest watching a few video’s before you take on these dungeons though.

The Cnidarian Reef, High Tech Terror, Lair of Shaitan and the Secluded Thicket are all ‘mini-dungeons’ and can be dangerous if you don’t know what’s going to happen. Watch some dungeon tutorial videos on these.
Shaitan is by far the scariest out of all of these in my opinion.

I should stay away from O3 for now, just take it easy and you’ll be able to do these dungeons and enjoy their loot very soon.

Goodluck! You can always send me a message on discord (Fincy#1199) and don’t be afraid to ask around.

A lot of good advice already. Rather than repeat it I will give some general principles I find apply to all dungeons. On first release try and gather as much information as possible, from e.g. posts here, on Reddit, Youtube videos, These all still exist if you search for them.

Then join a group doing the dungeon. This is easy when they are first released and incredibly popular. For some now you will have to wait for events, but many are still popular. With reworks to the HP scaling small groups work well, no need for dozens of people. Stick with the group, following hints in chat, do what you can to help, be prepared to nexus.

Do that often enough and you learn the dungeon, so you become a valuable member of any group, you know how to use your abilities to best effect. You might then try soloing them, though that’s amost always second best as it just takes much longer, and some are particularly hostile to solo players.

I don’t understand why almost everyone thinks discords are a great place to learn dungeons. If you aren’t complete trash at the game doing solo or low people dungeons is a lot better. With discord all that will happen is the group kills the boss quickly and you don’t even get to experience the phases. With solo you can take as much time as you want to learn every part of the boss fight. With a small group the dps probably won’t be enough to kill the boss before you get to experience the phases.

Since you have 16 characters making a throw away character to learn these dungeons should be fine. Just make a slightly maxed character with decent equipment and start going in the dungeons to get experience with them. Soon you should be able to get the patterns of all the enemies and the boss and be able to properly do the dungeon.

Solo gang <3

In most discords the raid leader will let you know what the biggest things are to look out for so you don’t have to learn for yourself (eg: seeing how most enemies move in the shatters only to have an ice sphere jump at you at insane speeds.) by dying. I did shatters, nest, and cult all my first time in public runs, but was very grateful to find out how to do them more effeciently even in small groups later thanks to discords.

In relation to OP, all I would add to all the advice here is that Ddocks should be getting a rework within the month, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it’s mechanics until the revamp comes out :grin:. Also, HTT is really not bad once you learn it. Standing near walls where the cart spawns nullifies the risk of it surprising you. It does not shoot right away or behind itself at all. But HTT is arguably the most tedious of the court dungeons even with a good group, and as noted above, people rarely do these dungeons publicly.

Haven’t been active here lately but I think If you’re looking for some fun dungeons from the DECA lineup I’d say High Tech Terror, Third Dimension, and O3 are great. O3 is on the end game side of things so I’d recommend having a throw away if you dont wanna risk losing any characters and learning all of the other dungeons first. High tech terror can be dangerous if you don’t know the mechanics 100%, but its pretty great regardless, with some decent UTs if you care about those. Third Dimension is the easiest of the 3 but does require you to pay attention.

If you’re curious about Wormholes I’d suggest trying them out, but mainly on a beefy ranged character if you’re new to them. They have a few enemies that are scummily designed and tend to pop people who aren’t expecting blitz attacks.

The entire Lost halls lineup is a mess. If you wanna do it sure, but it is up there difficulty wise, especially Marble and Void, Cults are manageable but ranged classes have the best time there overall.

Lair of Draconis is a decent one to start out with if you’re worried about difficulty. mostly predictable bosses and alright loot.

The nest I’ve found to be easier than it was before. A good pub group can completely clear it (surprisingly), but I’d recommend watching a video clearing it, since it can easily kill maxed characters if you don’t know what dangers to look out for.

Fungal/Crystal Cavern are alright I guess, but you should wait until you’re proficient in the other dungeons to run it, especially crystal cavern. Fungal spiders in Fungal and the bats in crystal caverns can easily stack shots and kill you instantly.

Cnidarian Reef isn’t really fun but if you want the Uts there go ahead, but I recommend a medium sized group for it, and looking at a video for the mechanics of the dungeon.

Lair of Shaitan is a joke, and not in a good way. The rework was greatly appreciated but its more of a nightmare to do now. I’d say don’t do it at all unless you have a really good group to do it with.

Dead Water and Ice caves are still pretty easy. Not much of a challenge or worry if you have even a small group.

Mountain Temple is an alright starting point for Deca era dungeons. Not ideal for rushing though.

Woodland has changed so I’d recommend a video guide. Other than that its a decently fun dungeon to go through.

Lastly Shatters. It hasn’t changed at all (aside from balancing stuff I think). Unless you’re really good, A big group is the way to go. And obviously nexusing when someone rushes first is the go to for the most part.

I think that’s all of them but I do especially recommend learning High Tech Terror. It’s a fun fight through and through.

run cults and nests in the realm to get a feel for the easier endgame, but still get powerful UTs.

for cults just leech behind the pillars and you won’t get hit. when there’s only 1 bos left (red) do some damage and then run away again

for nests use a trickster. not many people know this, but you can actually tp outside bossroom. do dps, then off center and tp out for leech

bruh

if he’s bad best thing to do is observe, if he can dodge then dodge. can’t take it then just leech.

The only real way to do learn the bosses is to do them yourself

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.