Which Magic Gem reward will you take? (poll)

Continuing the discussion from Gem Event?:
For full details of the Gem Event, see: Weekly Event Quests [Jun 1st to Jun 26th]

I am trying to decide this myself. They all seem to have a use, though with the Tome not yet being lootable in the game it’s also weighing up whether that makes it an automatic choice, or take one of the three Decaract items and hope the Tome gets added soon as a drop from somewhere farmable. Difficult choice!

What do you plan to get? (or if not doing the event, pick which you think is the best choice)
And why?

• HolyF Tome of Holy Furor
  • Flowing Shield of Flowing Clarity
  • MGCloak Cloak of the Mad God
  • Jade Jade Storm

0 voters

Wiki pages if wanting info: Tome - Shield - Cloak - Spell

Probably the Shield, even if that’s kind of an unorthodox choice.
I really enjoy having an alternative way of helping the group as Knight, so it’s nice to have a backup in case I die on my current Knight before MotMG.

If the tome actually gives 15 dex to everybody I will go for the tome without asking myself anymore.
If the 15 dex is only to self, the tome will be bad for priest (as once Kalle said in one of his videos: “If you want to do damage, don’t play priest. It’s simple”). In that case I will go for the cloack.

It only gives the +15 dex to self

I would honestly take jade storm, coz knight and rogue will rarely (read: never) use these swapouts, and by now everybody has like a zillion tome swapouts already. You dont need dps on a priest, you need a puri. So, by the process of elimination, I would take jade storm (anyways coz I dont have any ut spells).

Probably the Tome because I hate using TPain for DPS.

Well. Cloack then.
It’s sad, anyway, that Deca could have made a good tome and killed that opportunity.

TY Nevov for continuing this topic. I’m taking the tome no matter what u all think lel xD

Cloak just because it looks cool

Jade storm because fun. Shield is cool, though not as useful, and I don’t like rogue. Tome is stupid, 15 dex on a priest only makes it less bad, not good.

None

I was going to get the cloak, but one rl from the lost in halls reminded everyone that rogue should not be tanking shots for any reason.

Either the cloak or the shield. Ironically both are pretty bad, but they look hella lit and I can’t stand playing wizard ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I already have the shield which is pretty meh and situational.
Cloak is not that great imo since rogue wants to be cloaked instead of armored and if you have to tank shots doing something you shouldn’t be using a rogue.
Tome looks interesting but I don’t play a lot of priest.
I would probably go for Jade because it does nuts dps, easy to aim, and I like wizard.
Then again, I’m probably going to be lazy and not bother to farm for the gems.

Honestly, I would take the tome. The cloak is an awful choice for rogue, as rogue isn’t supposed to be tanking things imo. I already have a ton of shields and spells. However, the tome is new, and it looks kinda interesting, Nothing I would use, but still, good to keep for collection.

Honestly, I feel as if its NOT WORTH IT to farm for these gems. Let’s calculate the amount of work that goes into getting the rewards. 20 epic marks = 5 epic chests, not even worth it. 20 Normal Marks = 3 normal chests, meh. So right now we’re getting at a 3 epic chest = 5 st shard ratio. If you assume its going to be the same for the next few gems, it’ll be 9 epic chests = 1 st chest and 1 mgm white / new tome which is honestly rarely worth it.

One sentence summaries for anyone too busy (lazy) to read the Realmeye articles:

Tome of Holy Furor: A tome that sacrifices some healing power for an added dexterity buff

Cloak of the Mad God: A cloak that sacrifices some invis time for an armored buff

Jade Storm: A spell that does MASSIVE THICC damage, but costs an outrageous amount of MP

Shield of Flowing Clarity: Slows instead of stuns, does virtually 0 damage but provides a fat def boost, and has a very cheap MP cost

But you also have to consider that for some people this event is just an added bonus. I can go farm more ots if that’s my epic quest chest for that day anyways, so the event isn’t a choice between quests or event quests, it’s just extra rewards because both.

Don’t know why people are bashing the cloak. I got it in one of the wc events and I used it before suiciding my rogues. It’s fun, and not having to worry about being antirogued is real nice

:man_facepalming:

THANK YOU!